Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    Was this at the Marshall? They usually film their vacation borrowing anyway.

The smart kids go in the day before, find the books they need, hide them on a random shelf and then don't have to bear with the crazy rush :ninja:
    :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    This is why being a linguist who doesn't do French is awesome. There are only four people in the college who'd need my books for Spanish, and only one other for Russian, so no fighting, screaming etc. I took the Spanish ones out the day after vacation borrowing started and I'm just off to have a nosey for the Russian ones - I know they will be there because I know the other Russianist won't have thought of borrowing them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Impressive typing :five:

Scipio: observe :p:
    :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    Is Selwyn Snowball black tie or white tie?
    Only black tie.

I tried on my tux last night and I look snazzy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The West Wing)
    8.30 - massive queue outside library
    8.35- they let us in. we run in. people start screaming and fighting and grabbing things off shelves
    8.50 - queue of about 20 people at each borrowing station

General frenzy, panic, hilarity at how much people care about getting vac books.

P.S. I've taken out 16 heavy books and I plan to read all of them. You can check up on me over Vac to see how it's going.
    How bizarre, Clare people must be such saddos. (:p:). Selwyn just said to us that if we renewed our books after a certain date, they'd be due back over the holidays. The other 3 SPSers here are a bit peeved as I took out all the Durkheim books last week :p:.

With the SPS library, they started Vac Borrowing at 9.15, and I had the aim of getting there at that time. But as expected, I ignored my alarm and slept in. I was pretty worried that none of my books would be there when I got there, but all of the items I wanted were. Didn't expect that! :confused:

In terms of alcohol consumption, today I have a cheese&wine party with Alan McFarlane (you going to that, West Wing?) then drinks straight after with my tutor. At my last tutor party, I got so drunk. His punch is legendary. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    How bizarre, Clare people must be such saddos. (:p:). Selwyn just said to us that if we renewed our books after a certain date, they'd be due back over the holidays. The other 3 SPSers here are a bit peeved as I took out all the Durkheim books last week :p:.

With the SPS library, they started Vac Borrowing at 9.15, and I had the aim of getting there at that time. But as expected, I ignored my alarm and slept in. I was pretty worried that none of my books would be there when I got there, but all of the items I wanted were. Didn't expect that! :confused:

In terms of alcohol consumption, today I have a cheese&wine party with Alan McFarlane (you going to that, West Wing?) then drinks straight after with my tutor. At my last tutor party, I got so drunk. His punch is legendary. :eek:
    I do Bio Anth :p: (i LOVE it, but it's so hard because it assumes you've done Archaeology :rolleyes: )

I prefer to describe the Clare people as "dedicated", and that our library only has one copy of each book (all of which I had, because only two SPS people showed up at 8.30 AM)

I'm quite the book-whore, I always get in there as soon as we get set essays :reel:

We weren't allowed to renew. We had to give everything in the night before, and the librarians reshelved everything for this morning's cattle-stampede. It was quite hilarious though, well worth going to just for the sheer panic among all the students (primairly medics, vet meds, natscis and other less-lazy students :p: )

ReputationRep:
    I do Bio Anth :p: (i LOVE it, but it's so hard because it assumes you've done Archaeology :rolleyes: )
    But they sent the email to everyone, and my two non-Soc Anth SPSers are coming along

ReputationRep:
    Woah this library thing sounds crazy, I was intruiged and went to get some books outa mine... came away with 7 easily :p:

Argh, how am I going to carry them home?!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    But they sent the email to everyone, and my two non-Soc Anth SPSers are coming along
    Oooh I might come along then :p: (to get free wine/meet you, since we haven't crossed pathes yet)

ReputationRep:
    Oooh I might come along then :p: (to get free wine/meet you, since we haven't crossed pathes yet)
    I'm more excited about the cheese And yes, do come :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    wtf is up with all the library craziness?

ReputationRep:
    Scientists wouldn't understand :eviltongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Man your library sucks.
    No it doesn't. :mad: Clare people do, though. :p: I've got two shifts of shelving to do this week, to clear up yesterday's madness...

ReputationRep:
    I have only used one for anything but geology.

ReputationRep:
    I missed the library rush because I slept in late... I might go in there and check now.

I've got a really important history meeting tomorrow morning and I'm so scared of oversleeping.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chess Piece Face)
    I missed the library rush because I slept in late... I might go in there and check now.

I've got a really important history meeting tomorrow morning and I'm so scared of oversleeping.
    Are you coming to Ceilidh band tonight? There is a meal at 1800 and the normal rehearsal and session. Y?ou should have got an email about it.

My DoS meeting did not go well. Ah well, all is over now. I went back to bed after it to celebrate and have only just woken up

ReputationRep:
    I have officially finished last supervision and lecture today now if only my DoS wasn't so silly to have set a 9.30 meeting tomorrow :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Are you coming to Ceilidh band tonight? There is a meal at 1800 and the normal rehearsal and session. Y?ou should have got an email about it.

My DoS meeting did not go well. Ah well, all is over now. I went back to bed after it to celebrate and have only just woken up
    I didn't get in early enough to have the free meal but I will be at the rehearsal. Unfortunately, although I'm free, I won't be at the session as it's the last day to see the Clare panto!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chess Piece Face)
    I didn't get in early enough to have the free meal but I will be at the rehearsal. Unfortunately, although I'm free, I won't be at the session as it's the last day to see the Clare panto!
    :hmmm:

Have you been contacted re: Newnham Folk Night yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    wtf is up with all the library craziness?
    :ditto: I never borrowed a book over holidays at all. Holidays are holidays! Apart from when I was working on dissertation, but it's not like my college library had resources to borrow for that anyways.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.