Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    A worriyng number of my eveinging end up being guided home by *BCM*...
    BCM? :confused: There are too many acronyms in Cambridge

ReputationRep:
    *BCM* is a user.

Ceilidh band was excellent tonight. Highlight of the week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    BCM? :confused:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=124444

Does't poast much now,.

ReputationRep:
    BCM? :confused: There are too many acronyms in Cambridge
    He's a user on here, he was pretty active on the Freshers thread but has since dropped off the radar. I think he had an EE from Christs for BioNatSci or somesuch.

I'm impressed with my typing skills, considering I've spent the last couple of hours unable to support myself and mostly speaking a combination of Russian and Spanish. Hula hoops and then reading now :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Poor Zoe You're still working?

And ah :o: It did look familiar...

I seem to have developed a habit of wasting time by scouring TSR and ambushing rude, insulting and inconsiderate posts and starting massive arguments with people :ninja:

Ok massive is an exaggeration, but still.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom)
    :rofl:

...although....imagine you apply to a lovely old college in Cambridge and discover instead that if successful you'll be living in a monstrosity like Fitz or Robinson? I could imagine being slightly disappointed....
    *objects to that statement*

Why does Fitz spring to your mind when thinking of "monstrosities"? Churchill is a lot uglier than Fitz, as are Queens' Cripps and John's Cripps.

ReputationRep:
    Queens' crppse seems huge

ReputationRep:
    If we adopt an arbitrary number in which to place the most ugliest college buildings, Fitz would come in there at some point. Meaning - yes there are uglier things, but that doesn't mean it isn't ugly.

Conversely I've met loads of really cool people from Fitz who seem to love it, and a few posts back you can see my rant about somebody else placing way too much importance on aesthetic details like these.

ReputationRep:
    Poor Zoe You're still working?
    Aye. My supervisor was in Mexico last week so he's rescheduled our supervision for this Monday, meaning I have an essay due Sunday morning as usual. I have 134 pages of One Hundred Years of Solitude to read, as well as my critical theory books on it before I can even think about starting my essay, but this evening I went to Christmas formal and then over to a party in the second and third year college accomodation and am not feeling like I'm going to be especially awake tomorrow, so figured I might as well sober up and do it now. Plus, the boyfriend's still over there, so I have no current distractions. Just hoping I don't fall asleep at my desk - I'm currently downing Sprite (caffeine is a no no) and munching crisps, so I might be okay.

It's really annoying that everyone else has finished and I haven't

ReputationRep:
    <3 Robert Plant. Plus I have somehow acquired some tinsel, which may come in handy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)
    It's really annoying that everyone else has finished and I haven't
    That's horrid! I feel your pain. Last year my exams ended weeks after most other people ended, which was torturous. And I have a supervision next week because my supervisor had to rearrange, which means I'm thinking of hurrying up a supervision essay that was for the holiday, so that I don't have it lurking around.

ReputationRep:
    That's horrid! I feel your pain. Last year my exams ended weeks after most other people ended, which was torturous. And I have a supervision next week because my supervisor had to rearrange, which means I'm thinking of hurrying up a supervision essay that was for the holiday, so that I don't have it lurking around.

We were given the option of doing this essay over the vac, and not having this extra supervision, but seeing as both of us were going to be here it seemed like a better idea to get it out of the way, especially because I have just ludicrous amounts of Russian to do over the holiday (consolidation of an entire GCSE course plus set grammar sheets... ouchie). It doesn't feel like such a good idea anymore though Still, at least I'm going to have a week or so when none of my friends are home, so I'll be able to get loads done then hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    If we adopt an arbitrary number in which to place the most ugliest college buildings, Fitz would come in there at some point. Meaning - yes there are uglier things, but that doesn't mean it isn't ugly.

Conversely I've met loads of really cool people from Fitz who seem to love it, and a few posts back you can see my rant about somebody else placing way too much importance on aesthetic details like these.

No, I agree, it's not pretty, but at least they had the decency to build it out of dark bricks, unlike Churchill, whose bricks are quite a lot lighter and therefore look very ugly and worn-out now.

ReputationRep:
    Huh, apparently the Part III students have been giving seminars at the CMS since official lectures finished. How did I not know about this? Ah well, at least there are still a few more left today...

ReputationRep:
    I've only seen the front, so I'm sure I've missed all the pretty bits.
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)
    We were given the option of doing this essay over the vac, and not having this extra supervision, but seeing as both of us were going to be here it seemed like a better idea to get it out of the way, especially because I have just ludicrous amounts of Russian to do over the holiday (consolidation of an entire GCSE course plus set grammar sheets... ouchie). It doesn't feel like such a good idea anymore though Still, at least I'm going to have a week or so when none of my friends are home, so I'll be able to get loads done then hopefully.
    Same situation here, really. Two supervision essays, all the reading for next term's assessed essay (which will be massive) and starting my research project by reading all the work done in the field to date.
    Apart from the supervision essays its fun though. And actually one of the supervision essays looks fun.

ReputationRep:
    Fitz > a lot of modern buildings in old colleges tbf. I still think that as modern buildings go, Peterhouse's are the best. Fen Court is quite unobtrusive and WSB is some way away from the main college complex.

ReputationRep:
    Fen Court is alright, but Cosin Court and WSB are hideous. I try to disown Cosin Court as postgrad territory, but have to walk past it daily to get to my own prettier house :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhen Lin)
    Huh, apparently the Part III students have been giving seminars at the CMS since official lectures finished. How did I not know about this? Ah well, at least there are still a few more left today...
    The only part III-er I know seems completely ungeeky. I find this both surprisingly pleasing and disappointing.

ReputationRep:
    Cosin Court is even more out of the way than WSB :p: WSB is ugly from the windows side, but from the back it is just so much worse. Fen Court you just don't notice.

I'll be very interested to see what this new building looks like when it's up, the model looks nice enough. With any luck it'll be finished before I graduate, but it won't be by much :dry:

ReputationRep:
    Well they've not started it so I doubt you'll see anything.
    And the windowed part of WSB is by far the worst of it. And the way you can see it from Bella Italia and feel ashamed at its blighting of the skyline.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.