Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Same situation here, really. Two supervision essays, all the reading for next term's assessed essay (which will be massive) and starting my research project by reading all the work done in the field to date.
    Apart from the supervision essays its fun though. And actually one of the supervision essays looks fun.
    I think this supervision essay could actually be quite fun - it's the first one I've actually written after being lectured on it, and in the lecture we were told that trying to find any kind of deeper meaning in the book is absurd so to not bother. Unfortunately, it was my supervisor who lectured us on it, so I hope my notes are accurate.

I appear to have been distracted by putting my pictures on Facebook - a noble pursuit for past 3am, I feel. At least I don't have my 9am Russian conversation tomorrow morning

ReputationRep:
    I very seldom see 0300 on a clock...

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking forward to a lie in :cool: If I'm not there for waffles by 2, someone please call me :eek:

Zoe: how long will you be in Cambridge for? I'm around too if you are short of people to hang out with.

ReputationRep:
    Well they've not started it so I doubt you'll see anything.
    And the windowed part of WSB is by far the worst of it. And the way you can see it from Bella Italia and feel ashamed at its blighting of the skyline.
    It might be finished by the time I graduate (remember that I am on a 4 year degree), although that's assuming that they start fairly soon, which they show no signs of wanting to do :dry:

And I hate the obverse of WSB more than the windowed side. That might be because I see it every time I look out of my window however

And since when is it 3am :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, I know :dry: Bed for me. I have no idea why I always have such a perverse desire to stay awake, whether or not I need to :rolleyes:

And I know, ukebert, but wouldn't three years be quite fast? I'll defer to the engineer on this one...:creep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking forward to a lie in :cool: If I'm not there for waffles by 2, someone please call me :eek:

Zoe: how long will you be in Cambridge for? I'm around too if you are short of people to hang out with.
    I'm here until Wednesday morning, as I've been delaying going home for as long as possible (lots of rubbishy things waiting for me to sort out there that I reallllly don't want to have to deal with). My boyfriend's around until then too as he lives in Cambridge anyway and is therefore just keeping his stuff here until the last of us leaves, but it would be lovely to see you if you're feeling lonely Give me a shout if you're around

ReputationRep:
    Cool
    Well good luck with tonight's work! :goodnight:

ReputationRep:
    Cool
    Well good luck with tonight's work! :goodnight:
    Thank yooooou I think I might even sleep at some point :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, I know :dry: Bed for me. I have no idea why I always have such a perverse desire to stay awake, whether or not I need to :rolleyes:

And I know, ukebert, but wouldn't three years be quite fast? I'll defer to the engineer on this one...:creep:
    :ditto: I should really get some sleep or I shall sleep through waffles. In fact I will tell someone to phone me or something if I fail to turn up.

Depends on the construction method. If it's a conventional construction then I would have thought that it would take 2 years absolute max. I hope they do start soon, I am very keen to see how it might work.

Oh, and "Engineer" is little more than a courtesy atm

ReputationRep:
    It's got to that part of the evening when I'm not entirely awake. I'm not sure why I'm posting this, so I'll leave you all with a photo that I took earlier this year.

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Mill Road Winter Fair is on this Saturday if anybody's interested. http://www.bbc.co.uk/cambridgeshire/..._feature.shtml

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Depends on the construction method. If it's a conventional construction then I would have thought that it would take 2 years absolute max. I hope they do start soon, I am very keen to see how it might work.
    They're meant to be building something called the Hauser forum in something like a year, and (IIRC) they threw up the Physics of Medicine building in about a year and a half.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    It's got to that part of the evening when I'm not entirely awake. I'm not sure why I'm posting this, so I'll leave you all with a photo that I took earlier this year.

Spoiler:
    Show
    that's so cuteeeeeeee! I love their little squidgy-looking faces

ReputationRep:
    http://www.sel.cam.ac.uk/college/Anns%20Court.JPG

That is Selwyn's newest building and it's very tasteful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    http://www.sel.cam.ac.uk/college/Anns%20Court.JPG

That is Selwyn's newest building and it's very tasteful.
    Looks a bit soulless though IMO

ReputationRep:
    you can't beat harvey court for prettiness :p:

http://www.cambridge2000.com/cambrid...4/P4070620.jpg
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3115/...dbb54fcef3.jpg

stevie h is nice:
    http://www.cambridge2000.com/cambrid.../P92917571.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamaaa)
    you can't beat harvey court for prettiness :p:
    I do particularly enjoy living in a multi story car park lookie-likey I must say :p: although when you've got a balcony I don't think you can complain about the looks!

:mad: Why why why does trying to get everything ready to go home have to be so stressful? At the moment, I'm very seriously doubting my ability to carry all of this stuff out of my room, let alone on the train for 300 miles, including a change at London...

Sorry, needed to vent my frustration :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamaaa)
    that's so cuteeeeeeee! I love their little squidgy-looking faces
    The wonderful thing was that that waasn't taken with the aid ofthe zoom. If you go up to Shetland you can get within touching distance of them :love:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i feel so so sick and hungover. im amazied i didnt post here. my coherence in other threads is extremely questionable.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.