Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I hate packing :hmpf: There was an intricate order that I packed things in, such that I could make best use of the available space, and I now can't remember what it was

ReputationRep:
    I used to love packing. I enjoy figuring out new intricate, space-saving orders each time. However, after having had to move a stupendously high number of times since 2004, its severely lost its charm.

ReputationRep:
    I like packing if I've only been staying somewhere for a few weeks. Cause I've been here a few months I have no idea what I have or where it is. So I've got to find the pieces of the jigsaw before trying to remember what the picture on the lid looked like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    I used to love packing. I enjoy figuring out new intricate, space-saving orders each time.

Neek!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom)
    Neek!
    Totally :cool:

How are you? How's the crazy work volume?

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't feel quite so crazy right now.

(though don't quote me on that as I attempt to tackle an essay on arsenic contamination this week...the chemistry is scary )

And orders for the magazine I've been working on are also starting to come in - looks like it's going to sell all-right ish. It's curiously satisfying to work my way through all the order forms for people who actually want to pay for the hard work I've put into it.

Congrats on your class prediction btw - though it shouldn't come as any surprise!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom)
    Doesn't feel quite so crazy right now.

(though don't quote me on that as I attempt to tackle an essay on arsenic contamination this week...the chemistry is scary )
    Excellent. What happens between now and Christmas?
    (Original post by Tom)
    And orders for the magazine I've been working on are also starting to come in - looks like it's going to sell all-right ish. It's curiously satisfying to work my way through all the order forms for people who actually want to pay for the hard work I've put into it.
    Well done, although it sounded like such a pain!
    (Original post by Tom)
    Congrats on your class prediction btw - though it shouldn't come as any surprise!
    Thanks Its quite motivating, which is pretty good given the stuff I need to do this holiday.

ReputationRep:
    Home ♥

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently tidying up my room, so I can pack my stuff tomorrow. Going to take the 5.30 train to Stansted on Sunday, I think.

I liked my first term, but I'm really looking forward to going home :yep: .

Oh, and I have my supervision reports now, my supervisors were pretty enthusiastic about me with their predictions... let's hope I'm going to meet their expectations.

ReputationRep:
    :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    Well, packing degenerated into watching stuff on iplayer. My room is now worse than when I started and I leave tomorrow afternoon :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Well, packing degenerated into watching stuff on iplayer. My room is now worse than when I started and I leave tomorrow afternoon :teeth:
    I hate that stage of packing.. where all the spare space gets up and you feel overwhelmed and unsure where to start with the rest.

(Well I do anyway, but my stuff entirely filled up a minibus taxi when I moved rooms over the summer)

ReputationRep:
    I have succeeded in chucking out all the rubbish and finding all the stuff that I need to pack. I have also got half way through packing one suitcase.

ReputationRep:
    When are you leaving?

ReputationRep:
    Not looking forward to packing tomorrow...

ReputationRep:
    I'm climbing into bed. I'm so cold

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeezebox)
    I feel that way too and trying to meet their predictions is gonna stress me out. :woo: Especially since I have mocks in Jan
    Oh ****, didn't even think about mocks.

I'd prefer being predicted lower, so that I could actually exceed their expectations. As it stands, it's either "well done, but we knew that already" or "oh, you should really have done better" after the mocks...

ReputationRep:
    This mock rubbish sounds awful. Although to be fair, I had a 'real' deadline this term, and minimo is working towards one in Lent.

I'm currently amused at myself for looking forward to my holiday work. I think its only the time pressure I hate about it during term.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    Oh ****, didn't even think about mocks.

I'd prefer being predicted lower, so that I could actually exceed their expectations. As it stands, it's either "well done, but we knew that already" or "oh, you should really have done better" after the mocks...
    My philosophy :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    My philosophy :yes:
    Unfortunately you have four years. The balance will be tricky.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.