Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I don't yet miss Cam (have been home for about 5 hours...) but i suspect i will by thursday... Plus, my house must be just about the only place in britain colder than cambridge :rolleyes: I'm currently sat inside with 3 layers AND my coat on... and i'm still really quite cold...
    None of my friends are back yet and my brother is in canada - i have a feeling this is going to be a very quiet christmas... hohum... Work here i come...

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe people are already doing holiday work :eek: That said, I plan to start reading for my Durkheim essay tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epitome)
    Yes. Should get James & Amy round too. How long are people here for? We'll try to set a date.
    Till the 20th The period between the 17th and the 20th is especially good as I'll be totally alone then, but obviously forget it if you aren't around by that stage :rolleyes:
    (Original post by Nina)
    I really don't understand why people miss Cambridge. There's so much good stuff about going home!
    I don't have a home!!!

ReputationRep:
    Disadvantages of being at home: Fewer friends, less linguistics, petty arguments with family members, sore throat, miles away from anything happening, not Cambridge.

Advantages of being at home: Rest, which I suppose I need, seeing people outside of Cambridge, having an oven, time to read things like Syntactic Structures.

ReputationRep:
    I would happily stay in Cambridge all holiday. Mainly because going back means telling my friends that we're moving to London in February, thus killing the holiday spirit

Saying that, when I get back to Scotland, I probably won't want to leave again in January. I hate moving around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    I don't have a home!!!
    :console:

ReputationRep:
    By the by, I was reading thief of time the other day. When the name of one of the students that Susan taught was mentioned I couldn't resist a smile Ask Craggy...

And I thought that this passage was particularly relevant.

(Original post by Thief Of Time)
    "The will can overrule the emotions, the will can overrule the instincts-" the Auditor intoned.
    "Good, good, now just work your way up to the bit where it says chocolate, OK?"
    "That's the hard one!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    This is not fair :hmpf: At Cambridge I wanted to work but didn't. Here I do not want to work, and am not.
    Clearly that's only an improvement. I have no idea what you're complaining about :p:

ReputationRep:
    By the by, I was reading thief of time the other day. When the name of one of the students that Susan taught was mentioned I couldn't resist a smile Ask Craggy...

And I thought that this passage was particularly relevant.
    :rofl:

:five: :yes: My name was mentioned on page three hundred and [something or another ], which immediately makes it my favourite Discworld novel :proud: The student was Richenda Higgs :^^: And he spelt my name correctly too :love:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

:five: :yes: My name was mentioned on page three hundred and [something or another ], which immediately makes it my favourite Discworld novel :proud: The student was Richenda Higgs :^^: And he spelt my name correctly too :love:
    Richenda was mentioned a good three times :hmmm: I just can't be bothered to read it all over again Well, I can, but I've started reading something else now.

I am a little worried that everyone else is saying "Oh, wonderful, holidays, I can read that very intellectual book that ukebert won't be able to comprehend and then do lots of work. God I love my subject" and I am thinking "Ooh, holidays, I don't have to do any Engineering for a while, I can go on TSR instead " :o:

I got as far as opening my maths notes today. Given that yesterday I got as far as finding the bag with my notes in it, this is a definite improvement :yes:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I am a little worried that everyone else is saying "Oh, wonderful, holidays, I can read that very intellectual book that ukebert won't be able to comprehend and then do lots of work. God I love my subject" and I am thinking "Ooh, holidays, I don't have to do any Engineering for a while, I can go on TSR instead " :o:
    Don't worry, that is how I feel as well. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I really don't want to think about work.

ReputationRep:
    I've decided that shepherding AND working in a day is too much. Mainly because I shepherded from 1 - 7 today and was knackered afterwards, and freezing cold. And tomorrow I'm doing 9 - 6. I'll probably try fit gym in tomorrow night, but won't want to focus on anything.

ReputationRep:
    I've decided that shepherding AND working in a day is too much. Mainly because I shepherded from 1 - 7 today and was knackered afterwards, and freezing cold. And tomorrow I'm doing 9 - 6. I'll probably try fit gym in tomorrow night, but won't want to focus on anything.
    You shepherded for 6 hours and then worked? Does the word "holiday" not mean anything to you? Or do you still have a deadline?

ReputationRep:
    No I didn't work. I ate dinner, cleaned up and then collapsed.

ReputationRep:
    No I didn't work. I ate dinner, cleaned up and then collapsed.
    Good Craggy

My Shepherdess was singularly bored I recall.

ReputationRep:
    Grr, want to do some erging over the holiday, but gym membership is extortionate, especially considering I'll be at cambridge for nearly half the year.

ReputationRep:
    Strangely enough I can't remember even having one :eek: I arrived so late that the porters had to direct me to my room, and the day after is a blur. Oddly enough I remember my Tit Hall shepherdess.

ReputationRep:
    :getmecoat: I can't help liking obscure books that other people mistake for intellectual, just because they haven't heard of them...
    or, in the case of 'Story of the Eye' [Georges Bataille], judging me terribly for reading it voluntarily. (It's apparently the most disliked book on the french course?)

Yes! I had a half-day today, & just slept all afternoon - what's so tiring about walking around college, though?! It just makes no sense...

Also, I've cunningly arranged my break for tomorrow to be 11-1, which means I can take a group to the New Museum Site for the TSA, then go to the Museum of Zoology :teeth: I can't bear to go past those whale skeletons for the third time without taking a closer look.

ReputationRep:
    Strangely enough I can't remember even having one :eek: I arrived so late that the porters had to direct me to my room, and the day after is a blur. Oddly enough I remember my Tit Hall shepherdess.
    I'm not sure that mine could understand English I don't think she did more than smile and nod, and show me where WSB was (which is sadly not very difficult).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.