Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Most excellent. Me neither. The Peterhousean in question was outside watching people vomit at the time.
    Excellent, more TSR mathmos !

*knows a mathmo at Queens', but it's not you*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    Excellent, more TSR mathmos !

*knows a mathmo at Queens', but it's not you*
    You're from Germany, and it seems you do maths, and you know someone at Queens' doing maths... I assume the person you know is also German, as you do seem to congregate together in lectures. Is the person you know Helge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    You're from Germany, and it seems you do maths, and you know someone at Queens' doing maths... I assume the person you know is also German, as you do seem to congregate together in lectures. Is the person you know Helge?
    Indeed .
    (The reason for this 'congregation' is, I guess, that everyone likes to sit next to people they know, and most other people I know are at the Cockroft a lot earlier than I am and therefore stuck somewhere in the middle of the front rows when I arrive, totally exhausted, after cycling there from Fitzwilliam :p: )

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge lost the Varsity Rugby match It was a very good game though and the first time I've ever (a) watched a rugby match and (b) been to a stadium. I actually enjoyed it And I got to see loads of Selwynites

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    Indeed .
    (The reason for this 'congregation' is, I guess, that everyone likes to sit next to people they know, and most other people I know are at the Cockroft a lot earlier than I am and therefore stuck somewhere in the middle of the front rows when I arrive, totally exhausted, after cycling there from Fitzwilliam :p: )
    Excellent. Not a bad guess for a 1 in sixteen chance. So which German are you then?:p: The blonde one who wears christmas-y looking jumpers most of the time?

And Queens' is only a 3 minute walk from cockcroft

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    Cambridge lost the Varsity Rugby match

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Excellent. Not a bad guess for a 1 in sixteen chance. So which German are you then?:p: The blonde one who wears christmas-y looking jumpers most of the time?

And Queens' is only a 3 minute walk from cockcroft
    Nope, I'm not blonde :P . I usually wear a white/blue raincoat and then some kind of jumper or jacket, but I wouldn't describe any of them as particularly christmas-y. And I have rather short, non-curly hair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    Nope, I'm not blonde :P . I usually wear a white/blue raincoat and then some kind of jumper or jacket, but I wouldn't describe any of them as particularly christmas-y. And I have rather short, non-curly hair.
    The only other german I know for certain is german has curly hair. So, I have no idea who you are :P

It is, however, very nice to make your acquaintance

ReputationRep:
    I remember you Gesar - only from seeing your name about though - not reading any posts.
    (Original post by fumblewomble)
    Nov 2nd 2007 here http://www.varsity.co.uk/archive/664.pdf. See pages 22 and 23, 'A Very Subjective Perspective'.
    Beat me to it :cool:
    (Original post by Nina)
    just popping in to say hello. still ill, so going back to bed.
    :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    The only other german I know for certain is german has curly hair. So, I have no idea who you are :P

It is, however, very nice to make your acquaintance
    The pleasure's all mine :top2: .

(I hope that this sentence actually says what I am trying to say, but I guess I will have to trust my dictionary on that one... it's not that hard getting used to the English language, but (a) picking up colloquialisms, (b) figuring out what certain food is (I still have no idea what the "haddock" I had for matric dinner was) and (c) getting used to proverbs and formal/old expressions is a bit of a problem sometimes...)

ReputationRep:
    I've just realised how bizarre being back in East London feels after spending two months in Cambridge, a bloody quiet and boring 'city'. I was walking back home today from the tube station, and I saw a quite violent crime incident, and it really shook me. Incidents like this happen all the time, and I've seen quite a few of them, but living in Cambridge has kind of changed me, I think. I'm seeing London life from a different perspective now.

ReputationRep:
    Haddock is a white fish:yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)

(I hope that this sentence actually says what I am trying to say, but I guess I will have to trust my dictionary on that one... it's not that hard getting used to the English language, but (a) picking up colloquialisms, (b) figuring out what certain food is (I still have no idea what the "haddock" I had for matric dinner was) and (c) getting used to proverbs and formal/old expressions is a bit of a problem sometimes...)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haddock#Cuisine :p: It's a type of fish!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    I remember you Gesar - only from seeing your name about though - not reading any posts.
    I'm honoured, kind sir.
    Beat me to it :cool:
    Maths was depressingly low on this list. -English- beat it! :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    I've just realised how bizarre being back in East London feels after spending two months in Cambridge, a bloody quiet and boring 'city'. I was walking back home today from the tube station, and I saw a quite violent crime incident, and it really shook me. Incidents like this happen all the time, and I've seen quite a few of them, but living in Cambridge has kind of changed me, I think. I'm seeing London life from a different perspective now.
    In Cambridge, the tramps let drunken people sing with them. In my home town, the tramps throw broken bottles at you until they fall over from exhaustion/inebriation. I love Cambridge :P

ReputationRep:
    Pssssst, craghyrax is a girl.

ReputationRep:
    You watched a crime, and...? :eek: Did the police show up?

This morning I arrived at the plodge for shepherding on time to see them peeling a smushed cyclist from Trumpington street. The guy had tried to overtake a car that was overtaking another car, and had gone straight into an oncoming vehicle's windshield :dry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)

'Haddock' is a most difficult thing to come to terms with. I didn't personally believe in Haddock until I was at least 16. But yes, your statement made sense:P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Maths was depressingly low on this list. -English- beat it! :sigh:
    Try SPS :p: It might be depressing if it wasn't bullcrap :dontknow:
    The point where I cracked up was seeing History several places above Philosophy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]You watched a crime, and...? :eek: Did the police show up?
    I didn't feel like hanging around in case I got dragged in or involved, but as I went round the corner I heard sirens, so I guess the police did arrive. I didn't watch it as such! It just started happening as I was going past, and I picked up my pace so as to leave the scene before it escalated any further!

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.