Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Pssssst, craghyrax is a girl.
    Females may also be knights of my realm. I'm very open minded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    'Haddock' is a most difficult thing to come to terms with. I didn't personally believe in Haddock until I was at least 16. But yes, your statement made sense:P
    This brings back memories of a favourite comic character:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    I didn't feel like hanging around in case I got dragged in or involved, but as I went round the corner I heard sirens, so I guess the police did arrive. I didn't watch it as such! It just started happening as I was going past, and I picked up my pace so as to leave the scene before it escalated any further!
    That's nasty. Poor you

ReputationRep:
    I don't know who he is... He's not the guy from pop-eye is he?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    I don't know who he is... He's not the guy from pop-eye is he?
    :no: Tintin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    :no: Tintin
    ah, I thought the drawing style reminded me of Tintin! But I thought that wasn't enough to base a guess on, so I went for the sailor theme instead.

ReputationRep:
    I'm fed up :dry: The number of randomers PMing me has approximately tripled since November. Its irritating enough having people posting threads asking the world to make decisions for them about the most basic things, but when they PM me a long and detailed list including their nursery school reports and what they had for breakfast, I draw the line.

Make decisions! Think! Utilise common sense! [/RANT]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    I'm fed up :dry: The number of randomers PMing me has approximately tripled since November. Its irritating enough having people posting threads asking the world to make decisions for them about the most basic things, but when they PM me a long and detailed list including their nursery school reports and what they had for breakfast, I draw the line.

Make decisions! Think! Utilise common sense! [/RANT]
    I hardly get any at all. Maybe your coloured posts attract applicants?

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: That was incredible squeezebox! :vroam:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    I hardly get any at all. Maybe your coloured posts attract applicants?
    The colour probably helps define the target, but the volume of posts creates a greater surface area, increasing the odds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    Cambridge lost the Varsity Rugby match It was a very good game though and the first time I've ever (a) watched a rugby match and (b) been to a stadium. I actually enjoyed it And I got to see loads of Selwynites
    I wish I'd had gone, we were crap in the 1st half way too many missed tackles, better in the 2nd although the ball was too slow. We did better than I was expecting though, I thought they'd put 50 points on us :rolleyes:

But I did see some of my CUWRFC team mates in the crowd, and I could tell they were singing "If you wanna go to heaven when you die"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilepea)
    CUWRFC
    That's a pretty long abbreviation :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeezebox)
    No, in Cambridge the tramps throw hot chocolate at you. :mad:
    We obviously have a higher class of drunk in Queens' than you do :P Unless you're also from Queens'. In which case the tramp was obviously an assassin doing a very bad job.

ReputationRep:
    I think Christ's is well-positioned for the Big Issue sellers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    We obviously have a higher class of drunk in Queens' than you do :P Unless you're also from Queens'. In which case the tramp was obviously an assassin doing a very bad job.
    It happened outside Sainsburys if I recall. Which means that either Sidney has low standards, or the guy was sent from Oxford.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    If it makes you feel better Craggy the number of PMs i received about absolute nonsense is obscene. Most of the time my answer is 'go look at the cambridge website -N'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    I think Christ's is well-positioned for the Big Issue sellers.
    Where is Christ's? Bearing in mind the landmarks I know are King's Chapel, The Clock, Sainsbury's and the joke shop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nina)
    If it makes you feel better Craggy the number of PMs i received about absolute nonsense is obscene. Most of the time my answer is 'go look at the cambridge website -N'
    Yeh I think I might actually reply to the latest with 'Do whatever you want to do' :rolleyes:
    Do you know what the coughing blood thing was?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Where is Christ's? Bearing in mind the landmarks I know are King's Chapel, The Clock, Sainsbury's and the joke shop.
    Do you know Lloyds bank? If you turn right on leaving Sainsburys and walk past the pedestrianised shopping/markety bit till it turns into an actual road. Before you get to the road with buses on it, you get Christs on your left. Its at the bit where that road forks. Sainsburys is along way down of those forks.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Nope. I'm still ill though. Going to try and venture out tomorrow to see sunlight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nina)
    Nope. I'm still ill though. Going to try and venture out tomorrow to see sunlight.
    They don't have a name for the illness? Do you know if its serious or not? I assume it is on the basis of the aforementioned symptom.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.