(Original post by threeportdrift)
    I like to think I've taken lurking to new, yet informative, heights
    :eek: Are you a Selwynite?
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    Technically a Selwynite. Lived in Cripps for 3 years, submitted my PhD on 3 Sep and now waiting for a viva date. But living back at home now, and no, not up for the MCR dinner unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)
    Man, you guys are not hardcore :p:
    I was awake then :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    I was awake then :cool:
    But not cool enough to be TSRing :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Another two bloody PMs, and one of them is titled 'Hey Bro' :mad2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Aww Craggy, you should put this in your sig

*shudders*

:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilY?)
    Aww Craggy, you should put this in your sig

*shudders*

Lol. I'm thinking of putting: If you PM me I WILL NEG YOU plus something along those lines.

ReputationRep:
    How about just ignoring them? Simple enough solution, really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    How about just ignoring them? Simple enough solution, really.
    I am.
    Well.. ignoring in the sense of not responding, but you can't fail to see the PM titles.

ReputationRep:
    lol. I feel your pain. Well, the amusing nature of your pain, anyway. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Wow, this thread is going fast. Yay at the earlier mentions of Fermat's last theorem. It seems everyone too busy to TSR in termtime is posting again now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    That's a pretty long abbreviation :p:
    CUARLFC is better.

Cambridge is a lot colder without everyone cycling around to warm it up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supermerp)
    Cambridge is a lot colder without everyone cycling around to warm it up.
    Hmm, not sure whether that makes sense...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Incorrect. They may be Dames of their order of knighthood, or in the case of the Garter, Ladies of the Garter, but not knights. Indeed, the kniight bachelor, which is probably closest to the old definition of "knight of the realm" is a male-only fraternity, the equivalent women's award is a DBE. This is very unfair, because a DBE gets a robe, a collar, a star and a badge, whereas a Knight Bachelor gets one pendant. As for Baronets, no woman, to my knowledge, has ever been awarded one.
    Lol!

Also, London is horribly fast-paced and stressful. I thought a nice jaunt to the Tate Britain today would round off my term 'down south' well, but instead I spent most of the time crushed/getting shoved past in crowds :shifty:

Although, on the up side, the train to Edinburgh has Wifi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    Lol!

Also, London is horribly fast-paced and stressful. I thought a nice jaunt to the Tate Britain today would round off my term 'down south' well, but instead I spent most of the time crushed/getting shoved past in crowds :shifty:

Although, on the up side, the train to Edinburgh has Wifi
    I was surprised by how unimpressed I am with returning to London Although I'm going to a couple of my favourite places on Monday, so may be more thrilled. You should've gone to the Tate Modern, it's better in every way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)
    I was surprised by how unimpressed I am with returning to London Although I'm going to a couple of my favourite places on Monday, so may be more thrilled. You should've gone to the Tate Modern, it's better in every way
    I do love the Tate Modern, but Britain had the Francis Bacon retrospective, which I've literally been going on about for the past week Plus the Turner Prize '08 submissions, which were as wacky as ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    I do love the Tate Modern, but Britain had the Francis Bacon retrospective, which I've literally been going on about for the past week Plus the Turner Prize '08 submissions, which were as wacky as ever.
    Oh yes, of course We're off to see the Turner Prize submissions fairly soon hopefully, I do love them.

ReputationRep:
    You dirty Arts students. What's wrong with the science museum?! :P

ReputationRep:
    Just watched Handel's Messiah in Trinity Chapel :king1: It was fantastic!!! First time I've seen something choral of that scale - and it was excellent sitting so close to the front. Unfortunately they didn't bother with heating in the chapel, so we were all pretty cold. I wasn't too bad, but some people were really suffering. I'm sure the performers had it pretty bad - the girls wearing dresses with dainty wrap things, and one of the soloists was blowing into his hands between performances

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    You dirty Arts students. What's wrong with the science museum?! :P
    That it's a bit ****?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.