Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I sympathise Miam. I never feel like I need a coffee shop, and I don't think I'd use it if Peterhouse had one - but maybe that's because I'm close to hundreds of coffee shops. I tend to go to First Class Tea alot for takeaway tea and a biscuit, but this is because I have several 2hr lectures in the Arts School next door, and these usually have 5-10min breaks in between. The rest of the time I just use stuff at home. I'm far too much of an addict not to have everything very well stocked :p: I have about 15 different types of loose tea, plus filter and espresso grind coffee and ovaltine, with a kettle and loads of mugs in my room.
    (Original post by Miam!)
    :eek: Fitz have a coffee shop?!!!?!! I live five minutes away from them, how great!!
    Yeh.. I said so earlier :p:
    (Original post by Mwiko)
    Can any uni student just wander in to a college coffee shop?
    I have no experience of Pembroke, but Kings let anyone in as long as you show your Uni card to the porter at the entrance.
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    ...baseball cap...
    :ahhhhh:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I think if we do a bulk order it won't be ready until after bumps next term, but might be quicker if we order individually. Which is weird.
    How odd, one would have thought that a bulk order would be quicker if anything :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Oxford is SOOOOO MUCH better than Cambridge.

Cambridge is live a village in the stone age.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrVas)
    :blah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrVas)

Yep, that's why they make all the buildings out of stone.

See, I'm from the first brick-age college. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supergrunch)
    Yep, that's why they make all the buildings out of stone.

See, I'm from the first brick-age college. :p:
    IMO the brick colleges look nicer.

ReputationRep:
    IMO the brick colleges look nicer.
    I think both can be nice, but it depends I confess a weakness for stone though.

ReputationRep:
    I actually prefer stone, I'm just being facetious. Old brick like Magdalene is pretty cool though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrVas)

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad to see the Cambridge bunch is so humorous, something tells me that i would not have the same success in the oxford chat thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrVas)
    I'm glad to see the Cambridge bunch is so humorous, something tells me that i would not have the same success in the oxford chat thread.
    Yeh - I don't think they'd mind if you told them they were better than Cambridge - although they might be rather confused at you posting it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Yeh - I don't think they'd mind if you told them they were better than Cambridge - although they might be rather confused at you posting it.
    No i mean the other way round. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrVas)
    No i mean the other way round. lol
    I know. I was pulling your leg :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm finally getting around to packing things to put into storage, and I think I should get one or two proper, big sturdy boxes to put things in. Any idea where I might get some?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhen Lin)
    I'm finally getting around to packing things to put into storage, and I think I should get one or two proper, big sturdy boxes to put things in. Any idea where I might get some?
    John Lewis have some great storage solutions, but they're a little pricy.

ReputationRep:
    Unsurprisingly, my habit of leaving things extremely late did not vanish just because of the holidays, which means that I will have to do a presentation at my old school in 10 hours and have only just started working on it. Yay! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    :ahhhhh:
    Baseball caps are very functional, although I would never buy one as stash. I have a CUY polo top, which is enough for the moment, until the CUCB ones come in. And the CMM of course have their own uniform, which I need to piece together.

And brick is terrible until it's been up a few hundred years.

ReputationRep:
    They're no more functional than other more tasteful headgear.

ReputationRep:
    They're no more functional than other more tasteful headgear.
    I'd disagree. They keep the sun out of your eyes, they are cheap, they are adjustable, so they will not fly off when you are sailing in a force 6 / walking on the top of a fell in too much wind. OBviously there are hats that look better, but in terms of functionality I can't think of a better one.

ReputationRep:
    Plus you can wear them backwards for extra street cred.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.