Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    As I suggested before - other hats keep the sun out of your eyes and are adjustable.
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    Plus you can wear them backwards for extra street cred.
    I'll take that as a bad joke

ReputationRep:
    I think it was intended as one

Not being flippant, but which ones? I can only think of baseball caps.

Anyway, bed now, we shall continue this debate another time :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    I think it was intended as one
    He's a NatSci - I couldn't be sure :vroam:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Not being flippant, but which ones? I can only think of baseball caps.
    I'll try to find some examples. I don't know the names other than 'sun hat' which is more of a collective

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    He's a NatSci - I couldn't be sure :vroam:
    :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    :shifty:
    :flowers:

ReputationRep:
    :flowers:
    Since my smilie list attention span is so short:

:rofl: <- does anyone think that looks more like someone brushing their teeth?

ReputationRep:
    For months after I first encountered it I thought it was a hand stroking a ball of some sort

ReputationRep:
    Since my smilie list attention span is so short:

:rofl: <- does anyone think that looks more like someone brushing their teeth?
    I don't know what it is tbh. I really can't see how it relates to 'rofl' at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    I don't know what it is tbh. I really can't see how it relates to 'rofl' at all.
    Its a round person with a huge grin showing lots of teeth, and the bit sticking away from the globe are the feet as it rocks side to side on the ground laughing.

ReputationRep:
    Its a round person with a huge grin showing lots of teeth, and the bit sticking away from the globe are the feet as it rocks side to side on the ground laughing.
    I'll concede that the white stripes -may- be teeth (Really badly done teeth...) But those things sticking out... they're just not feet :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    I'll concede that the white stripes -may- be teeth (Really badly done teeth...) But those things sticking out... they're just not feet :p:
    Its definitely a poor animation, whatever it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    OMG, the thing sticking out is a foot? I thought it was a hand!

Now it makes perfect sense as a one-legged person rofl-ing.

ReputationRep:
    http://heesy.com/uploads/-TonyDiFiore__realhominin.mp3
    ^
    BEST SONG EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The West Wing)
    ^
    I think I woke some interviewees up :p:

ReputationRep:
    I think I woke some interviewees up :p:
    I'm an afarensis or maybe anamensis
    Not yet evolved to habilis or rudolfensis
    Won't the real pliocene hominid please stand up, please stand up, please stand up

:party:

(I think I'm somewhat obsessed with this song)

ReputationRep:
    I'm an afarensis or maybe anamensis
    Not yet evolved to habilis or rudolfensis
    Won't the real pliocene hominid please stand up, please stand up, please stand up

:party:

(I think I'm somewhat obsessed with this song)
    That's great, but could you post the full lyrics please? :p: I only caught snatches.

ReputationRep:
    A quick muse: As I understand it, the standard american offer from oxbridge is 3 top APs. This indicates they're roughly equivalent in depth and breadth to A-levels. However, it seems loads of american applicants posting here have 5s and 4s in closer to GCSE numbers. If people had that many As at A-level, it would be pretty exceptional (though obv not unheard of at cam) so what's up? Is the standard offer much lower than what a realistic applicant can achieve, or do only the best-qualified applicants post here? Discuss. Or ignore.

ReputationRep:
    That's great, but could you post the full lyrics please? :p: I only caught snatches.
    OK, I'll try transcribing it. It _may_ take a while (it's SO worth it though :woo: :party: )

ReputationRep:
    A quick muse: As I understand it, the standard american offer from oxbridge is 3 top APs. This indicates they're roughly equivalent in depth and breadth to A-levels. However, it seems loads of american applicants posting here have 5s and 4s in closer to GCSE numbers. If people had that many As at A-level, it would be pretty exceptional (though obv not unheard of at cam) so what's up? Is the standard offer much lower than what a realistic applicant can achieve, or do only the best-qualified applicants post here? Discuss. Or ignore.
    Clare's standard offer is 5 APs, 4 of which have to be 5 and the other a 4. http://clarecollege.com/admissions/h...reCollege.html

I think the consensus is that APs are easier and shallower than A levels.

ReputationRep:
    ^
    ROFL. Even as someone with little palaeoanthropological (?) knowledge, that's great.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.