Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The West Wing)
    OK, I'll try transcribing it. It _may_ take a while (it's SO worth it though :woo: :party: )
    Ah, don't worry just for me. I probably won't get much of it. Last time I learnt about anything like this was History in primary school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BBC)
    In the middle of the news conference with Mr Maliki, Iraqi television journalist Muntadar al-Zaidi stood up and shouted "this is a goodbye kiss from the Iraqi people, dog," before hurling a shoe at Mr Bush which narrowly missed him.

Showing the soles of shoes to someone is a sign of contempt in Arab culture.
    Lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Lol!
    To be honest, I doubt there are many cultures where throwing a shoe at someone indicates your respect for them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    To be honest, I doubt there are many cultures where throwing a shoe at someone indicates your respect for them
    The BBC didn't want to take the risk...

ReputationRep:
    http://heesy.com/uploads/-TonyDiFiore__realhominin.mp3
    ^
    BEST SONG EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That's brilliant, I love the bits about sagittal crests and palate shapes.

ReputationRep:
    John Lewis have some great storage solutions, but they're a little pricy.
    Hmmm. I guess I'll make do with the cardboard boxes I've accumulated over the course of the term then...

Clare's standard offer is 5 APs, 4 of which have to be 5 and the other a 4. http://clarecollege.com/admissions/h...reCollege.html

I think the consensus is that APs are easier and shallower than A levels.
    It depends. On the UCAS tariff, some (e.g. Physics, Chemistry) are equivalent to a full A level, and others (e.g. Computer Science) are equivalent to slightly less than an AS level. Some students are able to do a lot because they start early - although APs are designed for students aged 16-18, in theory, once you're in high school (14-18), assuming the school permits it, you can start on an AP course immediately and take the exam the same year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhen Lin)
    Hmmm. I guess I'll make do with the cardboard boxes I've accumulated over the course of the term then...
    There was a sign in the Magdalene plodge (above the may ball poster outside) about some service that sold cardboard boxes to students and would also make ones up of particular dimensions. No idea if it's still there - I suppose you could always go and have a look, but it might be a bit futile.

ReputationRep:
    APs are one year courses, so it's doing 10 APs is like taking 5 A levels (well, not really as the courses are different...) They tend to have broader but shallower.

ReputationRep:
    That stupid yahoo player is now permanently visible on this page :hmpf:
    (Original post by Zhen Lin)
    Well, the ones I bought are collapsible, but sturdy when up. Definitely worth the money for me because I have to move so often.

ReputationRep:
    i was just playing that song in the staff room at work and everyone now thinks i'm even weirder than they already did.

And lol at your usertitle, crags! It has come to this!

ReputationRep:
    Woke up at midday. Again. *sigh*

I have, however, started the holiday work, much to my own surprise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    It has come to this!
    Oh yes :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    Waking up at 2.30 is not helping my productivity...

ReputationRep:
    Waking up at 2.30 is not helping my productivity...
    Try 8pm...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supergrunch)
    Try 8pm...

That's quite late indeed

ReputationRep:
    Since my smilie list attention span is so short:

:rofl: <- does anyone think that looks more like someone brushing their teeth?
    No. It is someone with a bandage covering the top part of their head having some sort of seizure with one arm sticking up.

And :console: at your usertitle crags :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supergrunch)
    Try 8pm...
    Wow, I feel almost virtuous in comparison - is there a good story behind that, or is an all-night internet session to blame?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    Wow, I feel almost virtuous in comparison - is there a good story behind that, or is an all-night internet session to blame?
    No real story as such... I suppose I could blame it on The Wire. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    It is someone with a bandage covering the top part of their head having some sort of seizure with one arm sticking up.
    :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    :laugh:

Seriously, that's how I've always imagined it :o:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.