The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3260
Supergrunch

And yes, I still use the old Hermes theme because it's retro and awesome.

I had over 8000 last year:frown: Bloody JCR related schpam.
I'm organising a meal tomorrow in London for Selwynites to catch up and hang out, and maybe go out afterwards. I thought that having given people only three days notice, it wouldn't be that popular, but somehow I've got over 20 people saying they'll come, some from as far as Southampton :eek: :biggrin:
Reply 3262
Southampton must therefore be pretty ******* boring.
visesh
Southampton must therefore be pretty ******* boring.

Tbh, anywhere that isn't London must be pretty ******* boring. I feel sorry for people raised in villages and small towns :s-smilie:
brimstone
Tbh, anywhere that isn't London must be pretty ******* boring. I feel sorry for people raised in villages and small towns :s-smilie:

I love London, but one of my best uni friends is from Devon and adores it - Cambridge is like a big city to him! So each to their own I suppose. I must say, I prefer Cambridge to London in general.
Cambridge >>> London, although St Albans is fairly dull over an extended period of time. Give me somewhere by the sea or in the hills any time.

Feeling low tonight. Might retire early with a book, again.
Eurgh, Russian translation is so inane. I don't care about when the trans-Siberian railway was built... On the plus side, only one more chapter of this book and I can say I've completed what would be a year long course at other universities. Of course, I then have to learn it :rolleyes:
Zoedotdot
Eurgh, Russian translation is so inane. I don't care about when the trans-Siberian railway was built... On the plus side, only one more chapter of this book and I can say I've completed what would be a year long course at other universities. Of course, I then have to learn it :rolleyes:

:eek:
ukebert
:eek:

Sorry, this is why I'm a linguist and not an engineer! If you're interested - "The Trans-Siberian railway was built in the last century, more precisely it was begun in 1883 and finished in 1916. Much has been written about this railway built in Siberia in the most difficult conditions". And I now have to translate that into Russian. I'm stuck on 'more precisely'. Boo :frown:
Zoedotdot
Sorry, this is why I'm a linguist and not an engineer! If you're interested - "The Trans-Siberian railway was built in the last century, more precisely it was begun in 1883 and finished in 1916. Much has been written about this railway built in Siberia in the most difficult conditions". And I now have to translate that into Russian. I'm stuck on 'more precisely'. Boo :frown:

One of Witte's finest achievements :biggrin: However, it was only single-tracked to being with, thererefore preventing it for being used to its full potential.

A2 Russian history :cool:
brimstone
One of Witte's finest achievements :biggrin: However, it was only single-tracked to being with, thererefore preventing it for being used to its full potential.

A2 Russian history :cool:

I wish I'd done Russian history at A2 instead of my USA module :frown: It was GCSE Russian History that started the seed of 'I know, I'll be a crazy cat and do Russian at university' in my mind anyway.

However, I thankfully know very little of the origins of the Trans-Siberian railway. I may discover that it's intensely interesting at some point in my life, but I feel that this translation isn't doing it justice :p:
tbf, Great Western Railway > Trans-Siberian :sadnod:
It just took me 10 minutes to work out how to say "in 1883".

*cries*

Edit: And now I have to do "in 1916". Oh noes :frown:
Reply 3273
Zoedotdot
It just took me 10 minutes to work out how to say "in 1883".

*cries*

I was stuck for a while earlier because I had 1+16=561 + \frac{1}{6} = \frac{5}{6} in my working somewhere. :s-smilie:
Scipio90
I was stuck for a while earlier because I had 1+16=561 + \frac{1}{6} = \frac{5}{6} in my working somewhere. :s-smilie:

Ouchie :hugs: I didn't even make a mistake, I'm just too slow and stupid to work it out quickly :frown: Thankfully, I've done 1916 so numbers are over with for today, hurrah :smile:
Reply 3275
:sigh:

Last day of shepherding today, which is good. College tried to make me do more, but I said no. I haven't done any work or Christmas shopping yet, thanks to them :shifty:
Reply 3276
^ Gosh, I'd forgotten about that still going on - you deserve a medal or something!

I've been studying for the past couple of days, which has only made me feel ill-informed and stupid. 'result'.
Reply 3277
K.T.
^ Gosh, I'd forgotten about that still going on - you deserve a medal or something!

I've been studying for the past couple of days, which has only made me feel ill-informed and stupid. 'result'.

We're all relatively ill informed - I'm sure it will be enough for your first year exams if you keep at it.

Yeh I'm glad to be done. I didn't dislike it, but its amazing how tiring it was and how much of the day it used up. I now have three days left to sort out what's happening with all my stuff, to shop for presents, to go to gym before everything seriously goes downhill and to do *some* work.
I'm going to bed :hmpf: I'm getting very tired very early for some reason.
Reply 3279
Yeh me too. Just staying up to sort out an email or two :yawn:

Latest

Trending

Trending