Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Lazy people :P

ReputationRep:
    Why? :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone !

Haven't been here for ages... so just thought I'd come back...

How's it all going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegluups)
    Hey everyone !

Haven't been here for ages... so just thought I'd come back...

How's it all going?
    :poke:

It speaks :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    :poke:

It speaks :eyeball:
    Hmmph.... I sense some sarcasm here

ReputationRep:
    Hmmph.... I sense some sarcasm here
    How was Michaelmas?

ReputationRep:
    How was Michaelmas?
    In a state about the work, and the grades I've been getting, but amazingly good for sports, and getting to know really nice people now (different from the ones i met during freshers week which is nice), that are on good tracks to becoming real friends, so thats really good.
    Love Cambridge as well!!

:yep: :yep:

And you?

PS : i still haven't managed to find Peterhouse yet ... where is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    I've been studying for the past couple of days, which has only made me feel ill-informed and stupid. 'result'.
    Don't worry, however stupid you feel, remember I feel stupider :p: I don't remember what the time was when I started posting about my translation, but it's taken me since then to finish it, and it was only the little one at the end of chapter 19 I'm far too distractible...

Edit: Omgosh, four hours To be fair, in that time I did relearn my cases and memorised all the verbs that came up in the translation, as well as spending a fair amount of time faffing about and trying to work out how to say everything, but even so... I am ashamed :o:

Edit2: The translation being about three times as long as the snippet I posted before, I'm not that bad thankfully.

ReputationRep:
    In a state about the work, and the grades I've been getting, but amazingly good for sports, and getting to know really nice people now (different from the ones i met during freshers week which is nice), that are on good tracks to becoming real friends, so thats really good.
    Love Cambridge as well!!

:yep: :yep:

And you?

PS : i still haven't managed to find Peterhouse yet ... where is it?
    Pretty good thanks. Better than last year in every respect, which isn't a bad deal really. Peterhouse is opposite to Pembroke. Both are on Trumpington street. Basically if you walk past Kings college (on your right) keep walking.. pass the Corpus clock and Corpus Christi..keep walking.. St Catherine's on your right.. keep walking. Pass Ede and Ravenscroft on your right.. keep walking.. cross Silver street. Pass Fitzbillies on your left.. keep walking.. cross over Pembroke/Downing street on your left.. keep walking.. pass Pembroke on your left.. then you get to Peterhouse on your right BEFORE you reach the Fitzwilliam Museum. Its opposite to Loch Fyne (fish restaurant) and before you get to the Old Addenbrookes site and the Engineering and Architecture departments.
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)
    Edit: Omgosh, four hours To be fair, in that time I did relearn my cases and memorised all the verbs that came up in the translation, as well as spending a fair amount of time faffing about and trying to work out how to say everything, but even so... I am ashamed :o:
    None of that! Work always takes longer in the holidays.. just how it is.

ReputationRep:
    Wait, you freshers are working, during the Christmas break? Dear me. Dear, dear me. Stop this madness!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apagg)
    Wait, you freshers are working, during the Christmas break? Dear me. Dear, dear me. Stop this madness!
    Lol! That's exactly the reaction that people in the two years above me had to my year at Peterhouse last year.

And then we bumped Peterhouse 7places up the Tompkins Table

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeezebox)
    Yep, I started my examples sheet at around 7:30 and here I am, no further than question 3, up to date with current affairs, with a spotless room except for a couple of dvd cases on the floor...*sigh*
    Its harder to concentrate and stay focused without the pressure of a deadline.

ReputationRep:
    Lol! That's exactly the reaction that people in the two years above me had to my year at Peterhouse last year.

And then we bumped Peterhouse 7places up the Tompkins Table
    Not pointing any fingers, but wasn't yours also the year that saw the May Ball cancelled and experienced big rent increases?

ReputationRep:
    None of that! Work always takes longer in the holidays.. just how it is.
    So I'm beginning to see. Thanks for the reassurance It's so hard though, I have about a term's worth of work to do over Christmas and am rapidly running out of time to do it in!

(Original post by Apagg)
    Sorryyyy :p: I'm actually trying to catch up to the level of other people in my classes, haven't done much of the set work if that makes it any more excusable!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apagg)
    Not pointing any fingers, but wasn't yours also the year that saw the May Ball cancelled and experienced big rent increases?
    The rent increase - as Wanderer explained - is because a several year long rent freeze expired this year.. but yeh Peterhouse became harsher in their general approach.

This aside, surely working in holidays makes the workload lighter during term? That's how I see it anyway :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Really not looking forward to doing an experiment write-up for physics...

Same with an evil looking program for compsci, which will no doubt involve much adjustment of my own computer before I have the software to write it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)
    Don't worry, however stupid you feel, remember I feel stupider :p: I don't remember what the time was when I started posting about my translation, but it's taken me since then to finish it, and it was only the little one at the end of chapter 19 I'm far too distractible...

Edit2: The translation being about three times as long as the snippet I posted before, I'm not that bad thankfully.
    I doubt it, but thanks for the reassurance anyway I've mostly been doing the grammar, vocab. & reading for essays - my theory is, if I know all the rules & all the words, then I can't go too far wrong...

I really do need to start writing those essays though, instead of reading books, making cryptic notes & feeling vaguely virtuous because of it. I'm hoping seeing my 2nd year physicist friend from Oxford tomorrow will provoke me into action :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I miss Varsity and TCS :hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    Genius!!! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    ^^ Fabulous! An excuse to throw various items of footwear at my family, what more could I want?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.