Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    are you going to the nativity thingy in Trinity tonight? i am currently trying to work out if i have ergs tonight. if not, we'll be there
    I'm gymning tonight, and I'm feeling quite antisocial... so no I'll probably get on with the 100s of things I need to do before leaving on Saturday. Sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    I'm gymning tonight, and I'm feeling quite antisocial... so no I'll probably get on with the 100s of things I need to do before leaving on Saturday. Sorry
    Thats ok! Good luck with the hundreds of things! I have stupid amounts of things to do too... like get all my christmas presents made.

see you in the new year then!

ReputationRep:
    Wish I was ski-ing this winter too!

Don't really have the cash for it this year though, having been travelling in the summer already

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom)
    Wish I was ski-ing this winter too!
    CamChat ski meet? :ninja: To replace Hadrian's wall?
    Hmm...

Probably not a good idea for my next birthday (next month) - but maybe at some point. I can probably get a discount doing it through my friends.

ReputationRep:
    CamChat ski meet? :ninja:
    hehe, sounds like a plan.

To replace Hadrian's wall?
    Has that idea officially died then? I kind of assumed so, but haven't been on facebook in ages to check

Thanks for rep/message btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom)
    hehe, sounds like a plan.
    :five:
    Now what to do for my birthday? ... :sly:
    (Original post by Tom)
    Has that idea officially died then? I kind of assumed so, but haven't been on facebook in ages to check
    No it hasn't. We saw epitome on Tuesday, and she said that she's going to be working for her college next year and will have lots of free time as a non-student to help organise things. So we can do it then. The problem was that I had time to help plan it for three or four weeks and then I got too busy, and it was only Owen.. while epitome was too busy the entire term.
    (Original post by Tom)
    Thanks for rep/message btw
    You're welcome

ReputationRep:
    No it hasn't. We saw epitome on Tuesday, and she said that she's going to be working for her college next year and will have lots of free time as a non-student to help organise things. So we can do it then. The problem was that I had time to help plan it for three or four weeks and then I got too busy, and it was only Owen.. while epitome was too busy the entire term.
    I was busy too :hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    I was busy too :hmpf:
    :console:
    You can't say I didn't warn you...

ReputationRep:
    :console:
    You can't say I didn't warn you...
    I can't You warned me several times :p:

The real trick is convincing oneself that one has work to do in the holidays and therefore cannot just laze around on TSR et al all day :dry:

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking forward to skiing, but I'm mostly going because my friends all are - I've never been before and know I'm going to be awful at it... I can't really afford it, especially as I'm meant to be going to Valencia at Easter and St Petersburg in September, but you only live once eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    What sport are they for? I ordered £750 of lycra and velour this morning...
    Still have some way to catch up with LMBC boaties ...

I swear boaties are crazy....
    they don't seem to own any normal clothes!!!

ReputationRep:
    Guys I'm really sad - First Class Teas is closing down I practically go in there every day I have lectures for tea and a biscuit, and I buy loads of their loose tea. I can't believe I'll never see the friendly staff again :bawling:
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)
    I've never been before and know I'm going to be awful at it...
    You'd be surprised. I always thought I'd hate it - the thought of plummeting downhill out of control was not very appealing. I only tried it out because I worked for some friends who have a company in a ski resort. (Similar thing with rock climbing actually - only tried it out because I was offered a job at a climbing centre) - and yeh turned out I loved it! I got pretty competant quite quickly too. I was happy on reds and prodding blacks by the time I left.

ReputationRep:
    Guys I'm really sad - First Class Teas is closing down I practically go in there every day I have lectures for tea and a biscuit, and I buy loads of their loose tea. I can't believe I'll never see the friendly staff again :bawling:
    WHAT?!! Where am I going to get MY TEA?!?!!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I'm so sorry Craggy You'd better start stocking up with loose leaf now I suppose :console:

You'd be surprised. I always thought I'd hate it - the thought of plummeting downhill out of control was not very appealing. I only tried it out because I worked for some friends who have a company in a ski resort. (Similar thing with rock climbing actually - only tried it out because I was offered a job at a climbing centre) - and yeh turned out I loved it! I got pretty competant quite quickly too. I was happy on reds and prodding blacks by the time I left.
    Yeah, I need to have a go at skiing at some point, I would of course fall over an awful lot, but it might be fun. Problem is not necessarily the money, but the time There are so many things that I want to do with my holidays, and work as well of course (:o:) that I wonder whether I can justify it :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ah, but I'm the kind of person who bounces off the walls, walks into doorframes and habitually trips over. I'm seriously uncoordinated, so I doubt skiing is really going to be my cup of tea :p: I'm sure it'll be fun but I will be rubbish unfortunately! Although I seriously hope you're right and I am pleasantly surprised

ReputationRep:
    Heh, I know how you feel Zoe :p:

When I was small my parents told me to stand still and count to 10. By 3 I had fallen over.

ReputationRep:
    I was on retractor duty for a few hours today, but I don't care as it was ******* awesome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Heh, I know how you feel Zoe :p:

When I was small my parents told me to stand still and count to 10. By 3 I had fallen over.
    When I'm at home I have permanent bruises on my legs because I sleep on a bunkbed and even after 15 years I still bang my legs on the ladder when I go up and down it Our school nurse in primary school called me Zoe No-Knees because I was always in and out of the medical having fallen over. Took me a long while to work out that when you fall over you should put your hands out otherwise you'd land on your face...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mwiko)
    WHAT?!! Where am I going to get MY TEA?!?!!! :eek:
    They're still selling it online, and a small selection at Benets coffee shop. But its not the same :reaper:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)
    Ah, but I'm the kind of person who bounces off the walls, walks into doorframes and habitually trips over. I'm seriously uncoordinated, so I doubt skiing is really going to be my cup of tea :p: I'm sure it'll be fun but I will be rubbish unfortunately! Although I seriously hope you're right and I am pleasantly surprised
    Well after horse riding, climbing and ice skating I think I have a good head for height and for falling - which helps. But I was very pleasantly surprised by falling whilst skiing. Basically I find it impossible to feel scared while skiing because when you do inevitably fall it doesn't hurt because you just gently slide into mounds of powder. I once went flying into a patch of ice face first which was kind of sore, and knocked the breath out of me..but it wasn't really sore. Its more humorous than unpleasant.

And yeh I know about the bruises. While I was still climbing regularly my legs were always covered in bruises.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.