Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    this sat is no good for once- my daddy will be here! Generally any evening will be ok if we have enough notice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    :teeth: What's this comedy thing?

Sorry to hear about your workload (I'm probably not allowed to complain anymore! :p:) Today I took a nap instead of reading Freud :getmecoat:
    There's a footlights show on The cheap seats have all sold out though :dry:

With any luck I'll get my new card today

ReputationRep:
    There's something rather luxurious about not wearing socks, I feel.

Anyway, with respect to the formal, I have no idea how to go about setting up a poll. I think the "tossing up a date in the furute" method might work well, but I think it needs to be more in the future than next week if we want people to fit it in.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I can't do Saturdays. Wednesdays are good for me - infinitely preferable, especially as I missed the big meet.

ReputationRep:
    Are there graduation ceremonies going on these few days? I've been seeing lots of blue gowns these mornings.

As for formal... either Saturday or Wednesday is fine, though I prefer Saturday, since there are no lectures the next day...

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed them too. I think they're ARU graduands, as they are not in Cantab graduation attire...!

ReputationRep:
    Why the focus on saturdays and wednesdays?

ReputationRep:
    It looks like a Wednesday then. Wednesday next week anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    Why the focus on saturdays and wednesdays?
    Because I am busy every other evening :o: Sundays are OK as well, but I think someone else objected to them.

I suppose I could do a Friday or a Monday, but I'd rather not.

ReputationRep:
    Wahey, good day for a change.

I found out by e-mail at 9PM last night that the assessed presentation (50% of marks for a course module) which had been sheduled for Friday had been changed to this morning at 9AM.

So I sent a very rude e-mail to the idiot organising it, and went in this morning prepared to have a huge row with the people running the course at the uni...

But they were OK and apologetic about it, let me take an hour to prepare my stuff, and so all was well. Good thing I don't find public speaking scary...some people were absolutely quaking and trembling up there!

:^^:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    It looks like a Wednesday then. Wednesday next week anyone?
    Wednesday next week should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Wednesday next week anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Weds 19th? Good for me

ReputationRep:
    Good for me too I take it this is at Peterhouse?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    No, Clare! 19th is good for me.

ReputationRep:
    Good for me too, although it might mean that the hispanic folk hate me even more

ReputationRep:
    I probably can't make it as I'm helping out with the addies panto- maybe next time!

ReputationRep:
    Well we should have a fair few people there I think. Sorry visesh and Scipio

Forgot to mention that I now have a debit card I even went out an bought a chelsea bun to celebrate :coma:

I also sat through a lecture on the many uses of glue :indiff: and had a free lunch courtesy of the CUES just for sitting through a lecture on Fusion
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    So it's going to be Wednesday 19th? That leaves me with quite a choice, TSR formal or birthday formal... :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Well we should have a fair few people there I think. Sorry visesh and Scipio

Forgot to mention that I now have a debit card I even went out an bought a chelsea bun to celebrate :coma:

I also sat through a lecture on the many uses of glue :indiff: and had a free lunch courtesy of the CUES just for sitting through a lecture on Fusion
    I'm so jealous you don't have to suffer further debit card woes as I am currently! :p: Damn natwest. :motz:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.