The Cambridge Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
scarlet ibis
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
this sat is no good for once- my daddy will be here! Generally any evening will be ok if we have enough notice.
ukebert
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by K.T.)
:teeth: What's this comedy thing?

Sorry to hear about your workload (I'm probably not allowed to complain anymore! :p:) Today I took a nap instead of reading Freud :getmecoat:
There's a footlights show on The cheap seats have all sold out though :dry:

With any luck I'll get my new card today
Scipio90
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There's something rather luxurious about not wearing socks, I feel.

Anyway, with respect to the formal, I have no idea how to go about setting up a poll. I think the "tossing up a date in the furute" method might work well, but I think it needs to be more in the future than next week if we want people to fit it in.
FadedJade
  • CV Helper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I can't do Saturdays. Wednesdays are good for me - infinitely preferable, especially as I missed the big meet.
Zhen Lin
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Are there graduation ceremonies going on these few days? I've been seeing lots of blue gowns these mornings.

As for formal... either Saturday or Wednesday is fine, though I prefer Saturday, since there are no lectures the next day...
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've noticed them too. I think they're ARU graduands, as they are not in Cantab graduation attire...!
Scipio90
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Why the focus on saturdays and wednesdays?
ukebert
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It looks like a Wednesday then. Wednesday next week anyone?
ukebert
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Scipio90)
Why the focus on saturdays and wednesdays?
Because I am busy every other evening :o: Sundays are OK as well, but I think someone else objected to them.

I suppose I could do a Friday or a Monday, but I'd rather not.
Tom
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wahey, good day for a change.

I found out by e-mail at 9PM last night that the assessed presentation (50% of marks for a course module) which had been sheduled for Friday had been changed to this morning at 9AM.

So I sent a very rude e-mail to the idiot organising it, and went in this morning prepared to have a huge row with the people running the course at the uni...

But they were OK and apologetic about it, let me take an hour to prepare my stuff, and so all was well. Good thing I don't find public speaking scary...some people were absolutely quaking and trembling up there!

:^^:
Zhen Lin
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ukebert)
It looks like a Wednesday then. Wednesday next week anyone?
Wednesday next week should be fine.
Scipio90
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wednesday next week anyone?
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Weds 19th? Good for me
K.T.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Good for me too I take it this is at Peterhouse?
FadedJade
  • CV Helper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No, Clare! 19th is good for me.
Llamaaa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Good for me too, although it might mean that the hispanic folk hate me even more
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I probably can't make it as I'm helping out with the addies panto- maybe next time!
ukebert
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well we should have a fair few people there I think. Sorry visesh and Scipio

Forgot to mention that I now have a debit card I even went out an bought a chelsea bun to celebrate :coma:

I also sat through a lecture on the many uses of glue :indiff: and had a free lunch courtesy of the CUES just for sitting through a lecture on Fusion
alex_hk90
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
So it's going to be Wednesday 19th? That leaves me with quite a choice, TSR formal or birthday formal... :dontknow:
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well we should have a fair few people there I think. Sorry visesh and Scipio

Forgot to mention that I now have a debit card I even went out an bought a chelsea bun to celebrate :coma:

I also sat through a lecture on the many uses of glue :indiff: and had a free lunch courtesy of the CUES just for sitting through a lecture on Fusion
I'm so jealous you don't have to suffer further debit card woes as I am currently! :p: Damn natwest. :motz:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (22)
25.29%
No - I got the required grades (54)
62.07%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (11)
12.64%

Watched Threads