Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH123)
    I have just noticed, although I was supposed to go to bed, that Fitzwilliam is severely underepresented in this thread. What's wrong with it? :hmmm:
    :hmmmm: I'm pretty sure that Cantab/3232 is a Fitzer.

And its ugly, and far away. Why did you pick it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Maths is reasonably mainstream as a discipline, at least. I was very surprised at Kings having about 12 SPSers simply because its a relatively small subject for many colleges. In first year there were about 150 of us.
    There are 250-odd mathmos in our year - Trinity owns 48 of them :p:

And 12 is rather a lot... There's just the one SPSer fresher at Queens'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH123)
    I have just noticed, although I was supposed to go to bed, that Fitzwilliam is severely underepresented in this thread. What's wrong with it? :hmmm:
    We had a BioNatSci Fitzer in the Freshers thread, but she left TSR when we actually got to Cam to stop distracting herself from work. We also had a Medic, but she's disappeared too.

ReputationRep:
    48 :eek3:

I love walking into Great Court, but I don't think I'd enjoy being part of a year group so big.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)

There are also 250 in the first year at Trinity - so a fifth of their year are mathmos! My Trinity Russianist friend says it's scary how much maths is flying around...

ReputationRep:
    I don't think Fitz is that ugly. Or at least, I thought it was the not-so-ugly one. The one person that I have met from Fitz thinks it is wonderful though :p:

ReputationRep:
    :hmmmm: I'm pretty sure that Cantab/3232 is a Fitzer.

And its ugly, and far away. Why did you pick it?
    I decided that it's appearance really wouldn't put me off living there. I did think it looked horrendously ugly on the pictures, but when I actually visited I sort of half liked it. I prefer modern surroundings. :p:

Distance isn't an issue, either, as I'm used to walking 2 miles to and from school every day.

And I actually picked it because it seemed to have a nice 'set-up' for geography students, which I thought was important.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    In other news I played bridge today My bidding was erratic, as usual, with some catastrophic errors. My partner kept leaving me in 1 of something to leave me going down, it was a bit of a nightmare. A hilariously fun nightmare mind you :p: The last hand was annoying though, I made the finesse, tried it again, the king didn't drop, but I played my ace anyway :indiff: It meant that I couldn't make a small. If I had tried then I might even have made Grand assuming I did get his King, but I was playing it quick and dirty. Most frustrating :hmpf:
    :shifty:

The individual words, I can understand, but when you put them together in that order...

this year saw a massive influx of excessively cool new TSRers :cool:
    :yep:

(Original post by The West Wing)
    Can someone PM me the username of this moron? :p:
    :ditto:

(Original post by Zoedotdot)
    If I were to change college I'd go for... well, I wouldn't :p:
    :ditto:

I feel so lucky my simple "Hmm, EE offers, eh?" motivated choice led me to a college I'm so happy at.

Our mathmos seem mixed. Some are definitely cool, but there are a few I haven't really spoken too/seem a little odd.

The only compsci in our year is definitely social/cool.

ReputationRep:
    48 :eek3:

I love walking into Great Court, but I don't think I'd enjoy being part of a year group so big.
    If I'm honest, Great Court terrifies me, but mostly because I'm always petrified before my Russian supervisions. I also find the layout of paths and cobbles really inconvenient, because I feel like I have to walk miles out of my way just so I don't hurt my feet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)

Really? There's the girl with really ginger hair right? I though there was another :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    :shifty:

The individual words, I can understand, but when you put them together in that order...
    :proud:

Christs is one of the only town colleges that I didn't get round to visiting last term. The others being Magdeline, Tit Hall and Queens.

ReputationRep:
    The only compsci in our year is definitely social/cool.
    You referring to yourself by any chance? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    :proud:

Christs is one of the only town colleges that I didn't get round to visiting last term. The others being Magdeline, Tit Hall and Queens.
    Lol, those are pretty much the only ones I have visited.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH123)
    I decided that it's appearance really wouldn't put me off living there. I did think it looked horrendously ugly on the pictures, but when I actually visited I sort of half liked it. I prefer modern surroundings. :p:

Distance isn't an issue, either, as I'm used to walking 2 miles to and from school every day.

And I actually picked it because it seemed to have a nice 'set-up' for geography students, which I thought was important.
    :cool:
    There are loads of unrepresented colleges and subjects on here, sadly. Although I think the forum does alright for having knowlegeable students to hand.

I can't think of any NewHallers....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    You referring to yourself by any chance? :p:
    Haha, no. (though I am, of course :rolleyes:) I'm a natsci.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The West Wing)
    Really? There's the girl with really ginger hair right? I though there was another :confused:
    Oh bugger - I just checked and there are three of 'em! Whoops.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, no. (though I am, of course :rolleyes:) I'm a natsci.
    You do compsci. That overrides any natsci loyality you may feel you have :P

And the only colleges I've visited are Queens' (obviously), Emma (but not since being here) and John's.

ReputationRep:
    I've visited Queens', Trinity and Tit Hall. I was sure there must be more than that, how shameful!

ReputationRep:
    List of colleges represented by TSRers

Downing - Excalibur
    Jesus - EmilY, Apagg
    Trinity - Simba, minimo, adhsuR, *Liana*
    Trinity Hall - Jahmez23
    St Johns - Tom, the_gluups
    Gonville and Caius - Chewwy, smilepea, Llamaaaa
    Magdalene - Supergrunch
    Churchill - MCREN, SunderX
    Girton - ebam_UK
    New Hall -
    St Edmunds -
    Lucy Cavendish -
    Wolfson -
    Sidney Sussex - *Joanna*
    Emmanuel - Zoedotdot, Zhen Lin, *stars and stripes*, parallelduck
    Christs - Scipio90
    Pembroke - FadedJade, alex90
    Hughes Hall - Ad-alta?
    Homerton - Epicurus, lavalse
    Selwyn - scarlet ibis, brimstone, generalebriety
    Robinson - Supermerp? thefish_uk
    Kings - Jigglypuff, visesh
    St Catz - Ozymandius, groovy moose
    Corpus Christi - another guy who's name I forget, possibly Alex, psyche87
    Queens - Gesar, coldfish
    Peterhouse - Craghyrax, ukebert, Eyes Wide Shut, Captain Crash etc
    Clare - The West Wing, FadetoBlackout, Chess Piece Face, Helenia, Lidka
    Newnham - K.T., Lauuura, eptiome
    Fitzwilliam - Cantab, Y___
    Crap I'm missing a few. Fitz... and? :idea: Newnham :eek3:

Yeh I think that's it. Its 29 undergrad (including mature student) and 32 postgrad, which must mean Clare Hall, Darwin and- :confused:

ReputationRep:
    You should all use that Facebook app

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.