Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    In other news, this track is fantastic! Snow Patrol have outdone themselves. I wasn't expecting much, so am impressed :yep:
    Hmm, not a huge Snow Patrol fan, but that's pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    I had a bit of a panic. The tickets don't have the times printed on them. Fortunately I managed to manipulate the website into telling me what was going on.
    Quarter to one tomorrow.

Presents. Laptop. Books. Clothes.
    *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    Hmm, not a huge Snow Patrol fan, but that's pretty good.
    Yeh I'm not a huge fan either, but this whole album is less annoying than usual and very good in some places, so yay.

ReputationRep:
    Drat - I'm going to be taking too much again. Meh.

Btw write the 12th of Jan down in your diaries. I think I might have my birthday party then as its the night before start of term.

ReputationRep:
    I'm still up. Why am I still up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)
    I'm still up. Why am I still up?

*shrugs*

ReputationRep:
    *shrugs*
    Before I went to Cambridge I needed 8 hours sleep a night just to function. Now I just can't sleep And I have minimal caffeine intake And it's 4am, I need to be up in 4 hours and I'm awake enough to be bouncing off the walls.

Eep

ReputationRep:
    Before I went to Cambridge I needed 8 hours sleep a night just to function. Now I just can't sleep And I have minimal caffeine intake And it's 4am, I need to be up in 4 hours and I'm awake enough to be bouncing off the walls.

Eep
    I've been staying up later in the holidays than I have in Cambridge, but only because of talking on MSN. I end up waking up very late though. I think I did get by on less sleep in cambridge.

ReputationRep:

Eep
    The all nighters have ruined you :eek:

I'm still packing :hmpf:

I've renewed my insurance policy..which is productive. I'd forgotten that it expired at the start of term :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I'm still up too :hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    I've been staying up later in the holidays than I have in Cambridge, but only because of talking on MSN. I end up waking up very late though. I think I did get by on less sleep in cambridge.
    Well, I am talking on MSN/Skype now and have been since 12ish. So I should really get off and go to sleep :p:

The all nighters have ruined you :eek:
    I feel bespoilt

ReputationRep:
    I feel bespoilt
    Good word, though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The West Wing)
    I'm still up too :hmpf:
    Unsurprising. Again I blame the work habits :p:

Argh!
    I'm exhausted, but still so much to pack

ReputationRep:
    I keep waking up at odd hours. :hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    Good word, though
    Oh yes As is burgeoning. It's got such a lovely round sound... buuuurgeoning.

Hmph, I've started waxing lyrical about words. Now is time for sleep I feel :p: (Try not to spam too much over the next couple of days please, I'm going away and will therefore have to catch up when I get back )

ReputationRep:
    I hate burgeoning. Kind of like turgid. It sounds uncomfortably and grotesquely full.

ReputationRep:
    Unsurprising. Again I blame the work habits :p:

Argh!
    I'm exhausted, but still so much to pack
    I'm reading Imagined Communities by Anderson. It's SO interesting!!! To be perfectly honest I thought classical sociology was one of the worst things I ever did, I'm glad it's totally different this term.

ReputationRep:
    I'm reading Imagined Communities by Anderson. It's SO interesting!!! To be perfectly honest I thought classical sociology was one of the worst things I ever did, I'm glad it's totally different this term.
    Excellent
    Contemporary Sociology.. everything on my course basically - is absolutely wonderful :love:

I wasn't able to read through Imagined Communities properly I only had time for a few chapters - but yeh it was fantastic
    Look up Castells and the Network Society/Information Age too.

Ugh.. I always amaze myself that I'm willing to cart such a ridiculous amount of stuff on a train. I find it easier to open a bag and just shove everything I usually use into it. Somehow this always ends up being a massive backback on my back and another two smaller bags in my hands :>.<:

ReputationRep:
    Excellent
    Contemporary Sociology.. everything on my course basically - is absolutely wonderful :love:

I wasn't able to read through Imagined Communities properly I only had time for a few chapters - but yeh it was fantastic
    Look up Castells and the Network Society/Information Age too.
    How many topics did you do for sociology? I was thinking of just avoiding Marx, Durkheim, Weber completely :yep: (is this wise?)

Everything this term looks fantastic, I'm particularly looking forward to the division of labour and political scandal.

ReputationRep:
    How many topics did you do for sociology? I was thinking of just avoiding Marx, Durkheim, Weber completely :yep: (is this wise?)
    I think four topics is fine for Sociology. The paper is 12 questions and you can choose any three. Revising only three would be stupid. I told you what happened to us, right? I went in convinced I'd do Marx, Durkheim and Nationalism, and the Marx was utterly impossible - I was very lucky with the Weber question. So five is ideal, but four is probably fine. I chose the Classics because I found them easier. I didn't like Weber, but liked Marx (after Soc Anth put him into perspective) and Durkheim. So yeh if you're happier with the Lent stuff, by all means stick to it!
    Everything this term looks fantastic, I'm particularly looking forward to the division of labour and political scandal.
    Does this mean you feel better about SPS as a whole, or do you still wish you were doing Arch and Anth?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.