The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3640
smilepea
and by the time I get them back, it will have been 2 weeks since he took them, and he didn't ask to take them away as he claimed his phone was dead :mad:

I hate giving people my work, you should probably cut him when you get back, so he doesn't do it again.
Reply 3641
MC REN
I hate giving people my work, you should probably cut him when you get back, so he doesn't do it again.

If he's back after the vacation ...
Reply 3642
smilepea
If he's back after the vacation ...

I have scans of all my notes available online, so, if you don't make them public, I can send you a link and they're yours for revision :yep: . Just tell me which subjects you need.
Reply 3643
Y__
I have scans of all my notes available online, so, if you don't make them public, I can send you a link and they're yours for revision :yep: . Just tell me which subjects you need.

Hehe, you seem frighteningly efficient :wink:
Reply 3644
Scipio90
Hehe, you seem frighteningly efficient :wink:

In scanning them, yeah. In reading and revising them, uhh... let's not talk about that, shall we :smile: ?
Reply 3645
Y__
In scanning them, yeah. In reading and revising them, uhh... let's not talk about that, shall we :smile: ?

Well, scanning them still counts as work IMO. My quota of work for yesterday was fulfilled my moving a sheet of paper from the bottom to the top of a pile :s-smilie:
Scipio90
Well, scanning them still counts as work IMO. My quota of work for yesterday was fulfilled my moving a sheet of paper from the bottom to the top of a pile :s-smilie:

:rofl: I have my lecture notes open on my desk in front of my computer, in the hope that I'll subconsciously absorb them while going on TSR.
Tom
Love 'em :smile: Though sadly I couldn't convince Craggy of their merits

Neither can I :hmpf:

I've just finished Desolation Island :smile: One of my favourites as it happens. I also like the ones when he's a privateer but not the ones where he's in Australia. It's been a year and a half since I read them (I read all 20 in a month's "Study Leave") so I'm a bit hazy about which is which :o:

I have presents for people :biggrin: I haven't got anything for my father though, everything that I can think of is waay outside my price bracket.
Reply 3648
You've reminded me about work now :frown: I -will- do some at some point I suppose...

Is there any python-savvy person in here btw? (The computer language, not the animal :p:) I'd rather not risk the computing forum :biggrin:
Gesar
Is there any python-savvy person in here btw? (The computer language, not the animal :p:) I'd rather not risk the computing forum :biggrin:

I think I did a bit of Python a few years ago... sorry, not very helpful I know. :o:
I know enough to understand the documentation when I have to deal with it...
All I know of python I learned from xkcd :h:

So yeah, not a lot :o:
Reply 3652
Good evening everyone :biggrin: I have returned from the North o'Scotland (we're talking up past Inverness here) surprisingly intact and without major frostbite. Excellent.

What's everyone getting for Xmas (if that isn't a childish, inane or previously-discussed topic)?
K.T.
Good evening everyone :biggrin: I have returned from the North o'Scotland (we're talking up past Inverness here) surprisingly intact and without major frostbite. Excellent.

What's everyone getting for Xmas (if that isn't a childish, inane or previously-discussed topic)?

I have a friend who lives in Inverness :yes:

I might be going up to, er, scrabble? Scrabby? Something like that, if the ferries work out fforr my grand tour. This is looking unlikely. Damn economic climate :angry:
Good to see you back online :smile:
Reply 3654
ukebert
I have a friend who lives in Inverness :yes:

I might be going up to, er, scrabble? Scrabby? Something like that, if the ferries work out fforr my grand tour. This is looking unlikely. Damn economic climate :angry:
Good to see you back online :smile:

Why thank you :smile:

Inverness is grim, I'm not going to lie... :p: Not heard of Scrabby, but that's probably my fault for being rubbish at geography :o:

Yeah, the economic climate would get me down, but due to the nature of my course, the uni's pretty much throwing money at us MMLers to get us to go away (only Germany & Russia in my case, but still! :rolleyes:). I should be working in Germany this Summer, if I get my act together, & doing a language course in St. Petersburg come September :biggrin:
Reply 3655
K.T.

Inverness is grim, I'm not going to lie... :p: Not heard of Scrabby, but that's probably my fault for being rubbish at geography :o:

Yeah, the economic climate would get me down, but due to the nature of my course, the uni's pretty much throwing money at us MMLers to get us to go away (only Germany & Russia in my case, but still! :rolleyes:). I should be working in Germany this Summer, if I get my act together, & doing a language course in St. Petersburg come September :biggrin:

Do you already have any specific plans on what you're going to do?
Reply 3656
Y__
Do you already have any specific plans on what you're going to do?

Um, not exactly, but given my previous work experience, I was thinking a (childrens) holiday camp of some sort? (I did that a couple of Summers ago, & I plan on doing Camp America next year :biggrin:) I'm slightly limited in the sense that I'd ideally like accomodation with the placement, but I'm still keeping an open-mind at the moment.

Saying that, I'd pretty much take any job that would enable me to spend the Summer on the Friesian Islands :love:
K.T.

Scrabster, that's the one :yep:

Heh, it's not that the climate is getting me down, it's that it's getting the ferry company down :hmpf: They do not seem to want to run the ferries that I wanted to go on in 2009 :sad:

I'm not sure what my travelling this summer will be atm. I have 4 or 5 ideas, some practical, some really not.
K.T.
Um, not exactly, but given my previous work experience, I was thinking a (childrens) holiday camp of some sort? (I did that a couple of Summers ago, & I plan on doing Camp America next year :biggrin:) I'm slightly limited in the sense that I'd ideally like accomodation with the placement, but I'm still keeping an open-mind at the moment.

Saying that, I'd pretty much take any job that would enable me to spend the Summer on the Friesian Islands :love:

I have never been there :sad: Wanted to go though ever since I read Riddle of the Sands. :coma:
Reply 3659
^ ditto! Not because of that book (which, frankly, I need to wiki), but I meant to visit while I was living in Germany, & just never got 'round to it... I blew all my spare cash on tattoos :rolleyes:

Also, I heard about the ferries (in a discussion about Ireland), & yeah, I'm gutted; yet another negative of low-cost flights!

Latest

Trending

Trending