Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    I am so sick today :>.<: I woke up with severe stomach pain. I went to my lecture and ended up lying on the floor at the back. Eventually I left half way through and staggered home and threw up (the last time I threw up was on the top of Kilimanjaro Jan '06 - I can count the number of times its happened in my life on my fingers, its so rare!) The annoying thing is the lecture was a one-off presentation by every member of the department highlighting their areas of interest so that we can choose a project to join for our research work this year. I had my own idea I kind of still want to do, but you have to have a really good idea and convince the department that it would work..so I'm not sure. Anyway I missed the half that had all the Sociology projects, and sat their about to pass out through all the boring Psychology ones I don't want to do And I really have to do alot of work today still

Have food at one and go to the after party/drinks at the other. CPF has already offered to have a TSR party in his room after formal.
    Sorry to hear that Craggy :console:

You need anything? PM if you do

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone, I'm mending gradually
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    Interesting idea. Is Cindies any good as that's the plan for after the birthday formal? (Yes, I haven't been yet.)

And for some reason I always thought CPF was female. (Sorry! :o:)
    I've never been either, as it sounds like the pit of hell. If I were in your shoes I'd go to the formal bit of the party (which will be them getting horribly drunk I assume) and come to the TSR post-formal gathering which will probably involve laughing and chatting away squashed into someone's room (with a range of refreshments/beverages). But that's just the sort of environment I find more enjoyable :dontknow:

And excellent :teeth: I'm no longer the only person with ambiguous gender

ReputationRep:
    so, lloyd grossman eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chewwy)
    so, lloyd grossman eh?
    What do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    has begun a masters at cambridge. i read it in The London Paper. yay for travel.

ReputationRep:
    has begun a masters at cambridge.
    In what? and why? I'm confused :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    has begun a masters at cambridge. i read it in The London Paper. yay for travel.
    Good for him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilepea)
    In what? and why? I'm confused :rolleyes:
    History of Art

Presumably because he is having a mid-life crisis:
    Grossman's return to student days is being accompanied by a revival of his music career. He has reformed his band

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lidka)
    Yeah, sorry I couldn't make it today - breakfast tomorrow, say 8:45ish?

We can book guests in on our college cards, though it's gone up quite a lot this year for non-college members. The sooner we can get tickets, the better, really.
    Fantastic, see you there

ReputationRep:
    At Magdalene I believe.

Anyway, I'll say that I'm tentatively free for next Wednesday, but I'm not sure.

On an unrelated note, is there anything vaguely supermarket-like open currently? I'm aware the answer is probably no, but I've heard tell that the co-op on Chesterton Lane opens very late.

ReputationRep:
    i'd like to come to the formal, wednesday 19th sounds great!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supergrunch)
    On an unrelated note, is there anything vaguely supermarket-like open currently? I'm aware the answer is probably no, but I've heard tell that the co-op on Chesterton Lane opens very late.
    Did a quick search: there appears to be Tesco at Milton (which the website says is open 24 hours Mon-Sat), but it's apparently just over 3 miles from where I stay so you might find that a bit far away? Tesco at Fulbourn/Cherry Hinton also appears to be 24 hours Mon-Sat as well. The Sainsbury's and Asda that are fairly close by aren't 24 hours...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supergrunch)
    At Magdalene I believe.

Anyway, I'll say that I'm tentatively free for next Wednesday, but I'm not sure.

The co-op just over the river beyond Jesus lock does, yeah, if that's what you mean.

ReputationRep:
    Have started looking at applying for graduate courses. So much effort

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apagg)
    How are you breaking it down/starting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apagg)
    me too

ReputationRep:
    Session was Meh today So you didn't miss much CPF. And oh god I have so little work to do but so little understanding with which to do it :p:

ReputationRep:
    I applied for the NHS today. It was scary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanderer)
    I applied for the NHS today. It was scary.
    What do you mean? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if there is a Chinese buffet restaurant in Cambridge anywhere?

And grr, got kicked out of vodka revs tonight.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.