Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    You don't mean mine do you? If so I'm screwed. Damn facebook! :hmmm: *major panic*

EDIT: Panic averted. Pretty sure fb hasn't backstabbed me :hmmmm:

:goodnight:
    Haha no, sorry for the panic! It was a joint one for two of my Emma friends and it's just formal followed by clubbing so they've invited the whole world :p:

It's before midday and not only am I out of bed, I'm working

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)
    :santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2:, I've just had a horrible realisation. I have a Russian novel and a Russian poem to read before I go back. I also have an essay to write. And six Spanish articles to read, summarise and blast through the vocab/grammar. As well as two chapters from my Spanish textbook. And a bunch of Spanish worksheets. And worst of all - about 6 sheets of Russian verbs of motion.

Tomorrow I'm shopping with my family. The day after I'm going bowling and for a meal. The day after I'm going to visit my boyfriend. The day after I'm going skiing. I get back on the 10th, and am going to Cambridge on the 11th.

:santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2:.

EDIT: Those santas so don't sum up the sentiment
    I am in a very similar position Best of luck :hugs:

When I get back to Cambridge I am going to be spending every waking hour in the library before this test of mine.

If I'm on TSR this afternoon then someone kick me

ReputationRep:
    Haha no, sorry for the panic! It was a joint one for two of my Emma friends and it's just formal followed by clubbing so they've invited the whole world :p:
    Fortunately my home feed enlightened me!

ReputationRep:
    Cragyy, I can come to your event :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Woo, compsci completed last night.

Now only a physics lab report to do, with plenty of time

Although my lack of Word means the easiest thing will be to LaTeX it, which will no doubt involve lots of fun troubleshooting...

ReputationRep:
    out of interest, who knows what 'kaylied' means?

(Original post by Scipio)
    Now only a physics lab report to do, with plenty of time

Although my lack of Word means the easiest thing will be to LaTeX it, which will no doubt involve lots of fun troubleshooting...
    Apparently I forgot to include my graphs and things with my report in first year (not intentionally, and I'm still not convinced I did forget). So there you go, some free advice, remember to check everything is there...

(and whoo tex)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MC REN)
    out of interest, who knows what 'kaylied' means?

Apparently I forgot to include my graphs and things with my report in first year (not intentionally, and I'm still not convinced I did forget). So there you go, some free advice, remember to check everything is there...

(and whoo tex)
    Do you mean Ceilidh ?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceilidh
    That's the first thing that came to my mind, although I don't think you pronounce it 'kaylied'... not an expert on these things, sorry .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    Do you mean Ceilidh ?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceilidh
    That's the first thing that came to my mind, although I don't think you pronounce it 'kaylied'... not an expert on these things, sorry .
    Oh no sorry, I mean kaylied as in phonetically erm 'kay-lied'

Spoiler:
    Show
    it means like drunk/wasted, I'm not sure where else (if anywhere) the term is actually used and figured people on this forum come from roughly all over the country...

ReputationRep:
    I really need to buy some folders, and to start organinsing my notes in them at some point. I realise now that this point would ideally have been 3 months ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    I really need to buy some folders, and to start organinsing my notes in them at some point. I realise now that this point would ideally have been 3 months ago.
    :eek: Filing is the most effective form of procrastination! Get on it!

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Filing is the most effective form of procrastination! Get on it!
    Hmm, good point

ReputationRep:
    I bought all my files in Freshers Week Scipio :p: - but as Zoe says: don't waste this golden opportunity!
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Cragyy, I can come to your event :eek:
    Shhhh!!! Don't jinx it! :p:

:bumps:

ReputationRep:
    Eek! Another 25people invited :eek:

Its going to be manic.

ReputationRep:
    Is it a bad thing that I think I actually hate maths?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilepea)
    :eek:

Nah. I'm disliking it at the moment. (If you want to give me the method to do DE sheet 4 Q12, go ahead :P I can't do it )

ReputationRep:
    Its bad if it means that your remaining degree will make you significantly miserable. Then you should change course :p:

If its just a temporary angst connected to a certain paper or area, then no - that's probably normal - and it will probably be better after first year where you can focus on your interests and scrap the stuff you hate.

ReputationRep:
    I think I dislike biology :no: People tell me though that being unsure about your subject from time to time is not uncommon, particularly when you're stressed with revision/overwork, but it'll just be a phase that you'll get over. I hope, anyway. Sometimes I do wonder whether I'd have liked another course better....

Thanks for the invite Craggy Not sure if I'll be able to come yet (those dreaded exams.......) but I'll try, seeing as Wagamama is only around the corner anyway! It'll be interesting to see 60+ people trying to fit into the restaurant at once...

ReputationRep:
    Is it Craggy's birthday soon then?! Happy birthday in case I've missed it! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Excalibur)
    I think I dislike biology :no: People tell me though that being unsure about your subject from time to time is not uncommon, particularly when you're stressed with revision/overwork, but it'll just be a phase that you'll get over. I hope, anyway. Sometimes I do wonder whether I'd have liked another course better....
    I don't know if it's a phase, I've felt like this pretty much all term (well on and off but on significantly more than on :o: ) but I'm sure it'll get better for you :yep:

(Original post by Gesar)
    :eek:

Nah. I'm disliking it at the moment. (If you want to give me the method to do DE sheet 4 Q12, go ahead :P I can't do it )
    Erm nope, I only did up to q11 on DE4, although it did only take me 4hrs, that was literally the only time I felt good about maths all term

(Original post by Craghyrax)
    Its bad if it means that your remaining degree will make you significantly miserable. Then you should change course :p:

If its just a temporary angst connected to a certain paper or area, then no - that's probably normal - and it will probably be better after first year where you can focus on your interests and scrap the stuff you hate.
    Changing course has some appeal (read as a lot of appeal) right now, but I think I might see how the next term goes ... I'm going to see if working stupidly hard next term will help, I just have never had to work hard so never have ... It's not made it any easier that I don't think I've actually enjoyed more than about 15% of the material :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Is it Craggy's birthday soon then?! Happy birthday in case I've missed it! :p:
    If you PM me your name, I'll add you on facebook and send an invitation I can't find my cousin on facebook :hmpf:

And don't worry - its on the 15th next month. But you can forget it now that you've said Happy Birthday in advance
    (Original post by Athena)
    Any guesses on when tutors will be back in Cam and looking at applications? All the admin staff at Oxford seem to go back on the 3rd, but I'm wondering when tutors will...
    :dontknow:
    Changing course has some appeal (read as a lot of appeal) right now, but I think I might see how the next term goes ... I'm going to see if working stupidly hard next term will help, I just have never had to work hard so never have ... It's not made it any easier that I don't think I've actually enjoyed more than about 15% of the material
    Do you know what you'd change to if you did? A friend of mine is degrading from Maths to do Architecture

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.