Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Also facebook seems to think 2=6 :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I bought my files half way through michaelmas. I have even colour coded them: blue for notes, red for examples sheets

I had a moderately successful day today, going over the mech notes and understanding more of it than I did the first time round. I also went to the pub quiz and won £40 That'll be going on a Charango when I get back to cam :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilepea)
    Also facebook seems to think 2=6 :rolleyes:
    Maybe you've blocked some people...? That happens to me. They pop up in random lists, and the list length is then 13, when there are only 10 people visible.

(Original post by Craghyrax)
    If you PM me your name, I'll add you on facebook and send an invitation I can't find my cousin on facebook
    :O What will I be signing up to? :\ And is it Anthony? I have him on facebook

ReputationRep:
    Craggy, I managed to find your cousin on Facebook just by doing a search of your surname! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Maybe you've blocked some people...? That happens to me. They pop up in random lists, and the list length is then 13, when there are only 10 people visible.
    I don't know what it's doing ... it claims that 6 of my friends wrote on my friend's wall so I click to find out who the six were and it shows 2 people :confused:

maybe I should be less stalkerish and I wouldn't have found this out :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    Craggy, I managed to find your cousin on Facebook just by doing a search of your surname! :p:
    Lol.
    Yeh I just found him. He created his account this term - the thing gave me the whole 'new to facebook - introduce your friends to him' malarkey :dry:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Yep, tis him Its taken him ages to make an account :rolleyes:

You'd be eating something at Wagamamas and modging at the Maypole afterwards. Or doing only one of these :p: And you'd be surrounded by loads of people you don't know, and lots of TSR people who you know but have not met
    (Original post by smilepea)
    maybe I should be less stalkerish and I wouldn't have found this out :rolleyes:
    Nonsense! Stalking is the sole point of facebook :judge:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    You will probably get to see me again What more could you want?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    You will probably get to see me again What more could you want?
    Modesty is over-rated :p:

I would like to know what 'modging' is though. And if it is an actual maypole. Because if it is, I'm so there :P

ReputationRep:
    Sadly not, it's a pub

I will probably be there, unless I go bonkers from lack of work. :p:

Ah, I love evenings where optimism overflows :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    I would like to know what 'modging' is though. And if it is an actual maypole. Because if it is, I'm so there :P
    :rofl:

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but it isn't, and modging is basically just flopping/chilling/mooching, etc.
    I don't think we'll object if you wish to offer some creative reinterpretation...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    :rofl:

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but it isn't, and modging is basically just flopping/chilling/mooching, etc.
    I don't think we'll object if you wish to offer some creative reinterpretation...
    The lack of a maypole is disturbing, though I think I would be able to bear it :yep:

Name o' James Phillips - invite away!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    :eek:

Nah. I'm disliking it at the moment. (If you want to give me the method to do DE sheet 4 Q12, go ahead :P I can't do it )
    Just follow the method outlined by the lecturer - it's quite a simple question... unless I've done it wrong. Meanwhile I've just realised that I've skipped Q11, oops. More work on the to-do list...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhen Lin)
    Just follow the method outlined by the lecturer - it's quite a simple question... unless I've done it wrong. Meanwhile I've just realised that I've skipped Q11, oops. More work on the to-do list...
    This is the diffusion equation question? If it isn't, then this is the one that I'm thinking of :P And the method given by the lecturer gives erf as an answer, which obviously isn't part of the question... Unless we need to invent our own substitution, in which case I have to have another look

And you're an Emmanuelite mathmo :hmmm: Your college rejected me :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    This is the diffusion equation question? If it isn't, then this is the one that I'm thinking of :P And the method given by the lecturer gives erf as an answer, which obviously isn't part of the question... Unless we need to invent our own substitution, in which case I have to have another look

But Emma's still lovely

*jumps in with irrational defence of Emma*

ReputationRep:
    Emma is indeed lovely, and the people do it credit :yep:

Is that better? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    The diffusion equation question is Q13. I don't think we're meant to solve it from scratch - applying the lecturer's method didn't lead anywhere - just substitute the given solution into the PDE and solve the resulting ODE for f(t).

Ah, but nonetheless you're here now. At Queens', if I recall correctly. One of my seniors from school is doing Mathematics IB now - I wonder if perchance you've met him?

ReputationRep:
    If/as you've not been to the Maypole you definitely have to come along - its many people's favourite pub in Cambridge :yes:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Yeh, but I'd pick Queens over Emma any day :p:

:vroam:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    the method given by the lecturer gives erf as an answer
    The humorous potential of that is undermined by the fact that it makes sense

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't visited Queens

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    I still haven't visited Queens
    :eek3:

:whip:

:hmmm:

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.