Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Well in fairness,
    Looks = Queens
    People = Emmanuel

btw do you know Kitty Walsh?
    Well I still don't agree, but then I love the way Emma looks and chose it because of its beautiful openness in comparison to somewhere like Queens'. But you're definitely right on the people front

Erp, not as far as I know. I don't really know anyone beyond linguists and ECSU in second and third year. Who is she?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)
    Erp, not as far as I know. I don't really know anyone beyond linguists and ECSU in second and third year. Who is she?
    Second year History of Art at Emma Just wondered...

ReputationRep:
    A cha-whassat? :eyeball: Book tokens sound awesome

Speaking of books...

:goodnight:
    You are going to very quickly lose interest

Spoiler:
    Show
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charango

ReputationRep:
    :lies: :flute:

Second year History of Art at Emma Just wondered...
    I think my view of Queens' has been tarnished by the fact that the one time we decided to visit we stumbled on a place that looked like a sleazy concrete holiday resort and decided that whoever had designed it ought to have been shot, and then stumbled off in a haze somewhere else :p:

Hmmm, the name Kitty does ring bells, probably one of the second years I know how has mentioned her.

ReputationRep:
    Do you know someone called Jonathan Agg?

*joins in*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    You are going to very quickly lose interest

Spoiler:
    Show
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charango
    Ooh, that reminds me - have you checked your Hermes in the last few days? When I saw that e-mail from the ceilidh band about the baglama, I thought to myself: "ukebert would like this!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Do you know someone called Jonathan Agg?

*joins in*
    Yes, yes I do. He's also friends with my friend Ellen who I went on a linguistics course with. How exciting How do you know him?

ReputationRep:
    I think my view of Queens' has been tarnished by the fact that the one time we decided to visit we stumbled on a place that looked like a sleazy concrete holiday resort and decided that whoever had designed it ought to have been shot, and then stumbled off in a haze somewhere else :p:
    My view of Emma has been tarnished by the fact that their open mic was poorly organised and people just talked over the musicians rather than listen to us. :mad: Don't worry, it isn't personal... the people I actually know from Emma have been quite lovely, including one of my oldest school friends, so that kind of neutralises it :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chess Piece Face)
    My view of Emma has been tarnished by the fact that their open mic was poorly organised and people just talked over the musicians rather than listen to us. :mad: Don't worry, it isn't personal... one of my best friends is at Emma, so that kind of neutralises it :p:
    Yeah, that was rude It was the first open mic ever put on by Emma and they were new bar managers, which explains the poor organisation, but the fact that people were talking over you... However, I seem to remember that a lot of people in the bar had just come from a society formal or somesuch and it was therefore rowdier than usual. I came to listen but had to leave halfway through because it was too noisy to hear and I had work to do. Sorry about that :p: (And who is the one of your best friends?)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that was rude It was the first open mic ever put on by Emma and they were new bar managers, which explains the poor organisation, but the fact that people were talking over you... However, I seem to remember that a lot of people in the bar had just come from a society formal or somesuch and it was therefore rowdier than usual. I came to listen but had to leave halfway through because it was too noisy to hear and I had work to do. Sorry about that :p: (And who is the one of your best friends?)
    Hehe, don't worry; that gives it a bit of perspective. Plus lots of the performers who were also playing were really talented and a pleasure to watch so I don't regret the experience. Although I must admit I'm not too fond of your bar... it's just so big, I find it kind of cold and distant; I prefer our Cellars which is capable of hosting some really groovy parties while at the same time being a really intimate and warm place. Don't kill me! :p:

As for the friend... remember the London meet? CompSci? Sleepy? I can PM you but I think you probably guessed it from the hints :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, don't worry; that gives it a bit of perspective. Plus lots of the performers who were also playing were really talented and a pleasure to watch so I don't regret the experience. Although I must admit I'm not too fond of your bar... it's just so big, I find it kind of cold and distant; I prefer our Cellars which is capable of hosting some really groovy parties while at the same time being a really intimate and warm place. Don't kill me! :p:

As for the friend... remember the London meet? CompSci? Sleepy? I can PM you but I think you probably guessed it from the hints :p:
    Hehe, each to their own - I find the Cellars quite claustrophobic! I don't really spend too much time in the bar as I'm not greatly fond of it either, but my room is right upstairs so I can buy drinks and head back up there to chat. And you have to admit that the cheapness is appealing :p:

Ah yes, I remember. Some of the details are a little fuzzy due to the copious amounts of wine consumed, and a slight infatuation with my now boyfriend: I'd forgotten you were friends with that particular person! I rarely see him actually, different circles and all that. Shame really, he was nice

ReputationRep:
    Yes, yes I do. He's also friends with my friend Ellen who I went on a linguistics course with. How exciting How do you know him?
    He's also one of the 10 mathmos. The one you forgot, maybe?

Sleepy? :hmmm: Surely the adjective of choice is late. </injoke>

ReputationRep:
    Eek! Another 25people invited :eek:

Its going to be manic.
    Yay, I love waggas, deffo coming! Thanks for the invite

ReputationRep:
    I just bought 13kg of books. My luggage allowance on my flight back is 18kg. Oops.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhen Lin)
    He's also one of the 10 mathmos. The one you forgot, maybe?
    Oh yeahhhh, I just never connect the name with being a mathmo. He's Maiuran's supervision partner right?

ReputationRep:
    Why, if'n I had a kinghthood (night hoode) it would keep my ears warm in bedde.

Or something like that. Can't be bothered to get up to check it.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeahhhh, I just never connect the name with being a mathmo. He's Maiuran's supervision partner right?
    Yes, he is.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, that reminds me - have you checked your Hermes in the last few days? When I saw that e-mail from the ceilidh band about the baglama, I thought to myself: "ukebert would like this!"
    I have already had a long conversation with him about it :p: Sadly I can't buy one this time round, but it's an interesting instrument. Perhaps next time, after I've bought my charango I still haven't practised my cuatro much

(Original post by Scipio90)

Very good :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Assistant Master of the Guild :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)

Are you drunk, already?! :eek: :p:

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.