Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Sorry that your friends won't understand though
    I ought to make her read my 'week in the life of' entry :hmpf: And my college husband complained that it was majorly playing down the amount of work I do :dry:

*sulks in corner* Its mainly so annoying because they are/were practically my best friends since moving to England.
    (Original post by mwiko)
    See, I would just be tempted to be really sarky and text back something like, 'why, have days off become more common since I was full time?' or something more annoyed-sounding..
    I was tempted, and I did reply pretty fully but in the same way I do on TSR - by making a very lengthy detailed argument that gets across the full strength of my opinion while still (hopefully) being calm and not insulting. I despair of it making any difference though.

Ok I'll really shutup now!

(Original post by mwiko)
    I'm annoyed that this entire vacation has gone by and I have not done one single, solitary scrap of work. At all. So, not only am I screwed for this term but I brought/posted all my books back for nothing. Bum.
    Its rubbish, isn't it. After I get back on Monday I'll work every minute until the start of term I'm in the same boat. Today I looked at the calendar and accounted for all the time between now and the 4th of December and realised that it went End of term > Week of shepherding for interviews > relatives for one week across Christmas > friends for a week over New Years pretty much seamlessly. I've been occupied each minute and it hasn't even been that long! :banghead:
    So much for a lighter Lent...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Its rubbish, isn't it. After I get back on Monday I'll work every minute until the start of term I'm in the same boat. Today I looked at the calendar and accounted for all the time between now and the 4th of December and realised that it went End of term > Week of shepherding for interviews > relatives for one week across Christmas > friends for a week over New Years pretty much seamlessly. I've been occupied each minute and it hasn't even been that long! :banghead:
    Look on the bright side, at least you have excuses

:p:

ReputationRep:
    Mine went something like; End of term -> week of tidying my room/organising/hanging out at another college's interviews/"doing vac scheme applications" [EPIC fail, not one completed either] -> home, sleep -> christmas with family -> new year/friends etc -> now. With two days before going back to cam, and mini-pupillage apps to do as well. JOY. [and yet, my utter laziness feels somehow justified when I'm being lazy.. just incredibly ill-advised..]

Shortest. Vacation. Ever.

ReputationRep:
    Aaaaakkkk!!! I'm so happy! One of the guys I shepherded got an offer and posted in the college thread :king1: The reason I'm so happy is because he's black and was on crutches and they didn't put him up overnight even though they drove down from Manchester :mad: and his interview was at the top of two flights of stairs :eek:
    I felt so awful about his interview experience and really hoped he'd get an offer to make up for it - Peterhouse usually manage to put everyone up, and I'm sure they could have specially interviewed him downstairs...
    So yeh - hooray

(Original post by mwiko)
    Shortest. Vacation. Ever.
    It was shorter this year, though, wasn't it? Michaelmas started later than usual and Lent is starting two days earlier than last year too.

Gnargh and you've just reminded me that I've also totally failed to research intern opportunities for the summer :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    What's happening in Cambridge tonight then? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Aaaaakkkk!!! I'm so happy! One of the guys I shepherded got an offer and posted in the college thread :king1: The reason I'm so happy is because he's black and was on crutches and they didn't put him up overnight even though they drove down from Manchester :mad: and his interview was at the top of two flights of stairs :eek:
    I felt so awful about his interview experience and really hoped he'd get an offer to make up for it - Peterhouse usually manage to put everyone up, and I'm sure they could have specially interviewed him downstairs...
    So yeh - hooray

It was shorter this year, though, wasn't it? Michaelmas started later than usual and Lent is starting two days earlier than last year too.

Gnargh and you've just reminded me that I've also totally failed to research intern opportunities for the summer :sigh:
    Was he the one that I met? I can't remember whether he had crutches or not

ReputationRep:
    How on earth would I know Owen :shifty: I did interviews for several days - I can't remember who was being interviewed during the teensy one hour bit of it in which I saw you. Was the person you have in mind black and using crutches?
    (Original post by LH123)
    What's happening in Cambridge tonight then? :ninja:
    No idea :dontknow: I'm in Canterbury :p: Congrats on not being rejected and good luck with the pool! *crosses fingers*
    (Original post by Y__)
    I've been reading through the Offers/Rejections thread... lots of pooled people this year, no? I thought there weren't quite as many last year.
    Yeh I know. I'm really grumpy - all the people I was rooting for were pooled :dry:
    (Original post by groovy_moose)
    Does anyone happen to know whether Fenners is open at the moment, or whether it has random holiday opening hours?
    Yep. Reopens on Monday
    (Original post by fumblewomble)
    There are phone/email contact details on this site http://www.sport.cam.ac.uk/facilitie...teandgyms.html
    Hassel innit :p: Although all the usual commendations for your astonishing helpfulness :five: I nominated you for most Helpful Member this year, but naturally only subs won anything... :dry:

ReputationRep:
    No idea :dontknow: I'm in Canterbury :p: Congrats on not being rejected and good luck with the pool! *crosses fingers*
    Oh I forgot people aren't still at/back at university yet. :p:

And thanks, here's hoping.

ReputationRep:
    How on earth would I know Owen :shifty: I did interviews for several days - I can't remember who was being interviewed during the teensy one hour bit of it in which I saw you. Was the person you have in mind black and using crutches?
    He was black, and he might have been using crutches but I can't remember. He was sitting in the JCR and was saying how badly his interview went. And I expect you to remember everything so that I don't have to :hmmm:

Yeh I know. I'm really grumpy - all the people I was rooting for were pooled :dry:
    LH123 was pooled? Should have got a straight offer :dry:

ReputationRep:
    LH123 was pooled? Should have got a straight offer :dry:

Ahaha, I dunno, I still think my interviews went, if not badly, not well. I suppose I will find out soonish whether I can come and stalk you and Craghy yet. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH123)
    Oh I forgot people aren't still at/back at university yet. :p:

And thanks, here's hoping.
    Its a fair enough question as I tend to live in college over holidays too.
    LH123 was pooled? Should have got a straight offer
    I know! The interviewers clearly haven't been on TSR - tsk tsk :shifty:
    He was black, and he might have been using crutches but I can't remember. He was sitting in the JCR and was saying how badly his interview went.
    Ah yeh - actually you're right, that was him
    And I expect you to remember everything so that I don't have to
    Curses :dry: I'd forgotten that that actually counts as a mother's duty :doh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psyche87)
    (Out of curiousity - does anyone know if other gyms in Cambridge stay open over Christmas?)
    I'd expect that regular gyms probably follow similar patterns, and the one in Canterbury reduced its hours over the Christmas and New Years time and returned to full hours on the 2cnd :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Its a fair enough question as I tend to live in college over holidays too.I know! The interviewers clearly haven't been on TSR - tsk tsk :shifty:
    Ah yeh - actually you're right, that was him
    Curses :dry: I'd forgotten that that actually counts as a mother's duty :doh:
    :yep:

And excellent, I was hoping that he would get an offer Esp as he seemed so despondent

They certainly have been in the past One guy breached his secrecy orders and Cambridge rebuked him. Since then the mods have been much more strict. But yeah, they should check TSR. Automatic offers for those with >10000 posts and so on.

ReputationRep:
    Hey :ninja:
    Now there is a chance I will be joining you in September (if I can get it together to pull off STEP) I feel slightly less awkward posting in here.

My fingers are cold, as are my toes, and I'm watching Family Guy.
    Good evening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adje)
    Hey :ninja:
    Now there is a chance I will be joining you in September (if I can get it together to pull off STEP) I feel slightly less awkward posting in here.

My fingers are cold, as are my toes, and I'm watching Family Guy.
    Good evening.
    Congratulations on your offer
    I also started posting in here as soon as I had my offer - no way I was going to miss out on several months of procrastination potential :^^:

I'm supposed to be going up to bed, but have been delayed 3hours by an incredibly devious cheesecake :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I started posting in here after I made my offer, a whole year before I matriculated :p:

Welcome aboard and congratulations

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I recently discovered a large bag of Kettle Chips in my room. :coma: I shall attack them with gusto tomorrow as I draw Gantt charts.

ReputationRep:
    planning revision - greatest procrastination tool known to man

ReputationRep:
    Gantt charts? :confused:

Anyway, bedtime :yawn: The cheesecake won :dry: (btw I haven't eaten any yet, but creating the damn thing has taken roughly 6hours :motz:)

ReputationRep:
    Gantt charts? :confused:

Anyway, bedtime :yawn: The cheesecake won :dry: (btw I haven't eaten any yet, but creating the damn thing has taken roughly 6hours :motz:)
    They are those things with tasks along one axis and time along the other. Good fun, great way to kid yourself into thinking that you're doing something productive.

I should probably follow you actually, especially since...

Good God, when did it become 0222?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.