Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm going back tonight, have sort of mixed feelings. I just see this term stretching ahead for aaaaages and want it all to be over now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    I'm going back tonight, have sort of mixed feelings. I just see this term stretching ahead for aaaaages and want it all to be over now!
    ditto this, the next time I go home I will be a graduate, scary thought.

ReputationRep:
    I have 19 more weeks of formal education (excluding exams) left before I'm a doctor. :argh:

ReputationRep:
    I have one more real term as an undergraduate.

And am hoping very hard that I'll have much more than 6 months left at Cambridge...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    I got 97 in D1. I was distraught. I got 100 in my five other maths A-level modules
    *negs* :p:

I really didn't do enough work for A Level. Set a rather dangerous precedent :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Which college did you apply too?

And don't worry about STEP, it's a walk in the park :p:
    ]
    Clare, and I don't believe you. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    *negs* :p:

I really didn't do enough work for A Level. Set a rather dangerous precedent :p:
    Hey, let me have my maths, it's the only thing I've got :p: That and my oh-so-lovely 'One of the top 5 marks in the country' letter :yep:

But no, I didn't do much work for A-level either. And I was made an offer of four A-levels plus STEP - all these people who're complaining of tough offers :no: Even warwick gave me an offer of 4 A's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adje)
    Clare, and I don't believe you. :p:
    'Tis true, tis true. Well, in my year STEP III was a *******, so they'll be toning it down for your year

ReputationRep:
    Heh, my 4 A offer would have been a doddle had I not been doing Electronics mostly self-taught and outside of school hours :rolleyes: I worked hard on that and only just scraped one in the end.

ReputationRep:
    Heh, my 4 A offer would have been a doddle had I not been doing Electronics mostly self-taught and outside of school hours :rolleyes: I worked hard on that and only just scraped one in the end.
    Electronics? Eugh. :p:

And you've had a thread dedicated to you :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Electronics? Eugh. :p:

And you've had a thread dedicated to you :yep:
    It was good fun for all but the last week or two before the coursework was handed in and the week before the exams

And what? Where?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...t#post16273450
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Gesar)
    But no, I didn't do much work for A-level either.
    Better than doing loads of work for A-level then very little at uni...

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, that one :o:

Well I'm not doing enough at uni anyway alex :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    Better than doing loads of work for A-level then very little at uni...
    The amount of work I've done at uni is scary. In one term it feels like more than the last four years of my education put together

Though that might be because the only effort was put into coursework, and coursework rarely occured in my wonderful subjects
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Oh yeah, that one :o:

Well I'm not doing enough at uni anyway alex :p:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    The amount of work I've done at uni is scary. In one term it feels like more than the last four years of my education put together
    I suppose if I look back at it, then I must have done quite a bit of work last term as I completed all of the supervision assignments set. But I never felt like I was doing anywhere near enough.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose if I look back at it, then I must have done quite a bit of work last term as I completed all of the supervision assignments set. But I never felt like I was doing anywhere near enough.
    Exactly the same for me.

ReputationRep:
    too unmotivated to work, I've had a really fab day and I can't stop buzzing long enough to settle down.

ReputationRep:
    :ditto: I feel like I did more work during AS than I did all Michaelmas actually (I slacked a lot in A2 though after I got my offer...). I spent a lot of time last term stressing/generally faffing around and procrastinating than doing actual productive work. I'm definitely turning over a new leaf next term. :shifty:

All these offers chat is making me slightly nostalgic for this time last year, and how surreal/brilliant it all felt. Life at Cambridge hasn't been the bed of roses and perfection that I had imagined back then, however. :p:

No-one from my school or people I know have got Oxbridge offers this year.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going back to my college on tuesday to find out how many mathmos got offers :p:

And yeah, getting the phone call in the middle of my chemistry lesson from my sister telling me I'd gotten an offer was an amazing feeling :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.