Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    It snowed here in Canterbury too, but it'll probably be melted by the time I'm back in Cam this afternoon
    According to the BBC, we should be getting a bit more snow later, so you might see some.

ReputationRep:
    asouadjsdjsd snow. I saw the sun and I dressed for slightly warmer weather (didn't look at the ground outside my window :rolleyes: ) and I have so many errands to run.

Well might as well go dig out the longjohns

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lidka)
    It snowed. Old Court is white.
    grr jealousy of snowy cambridge. it has snowed here in durham too but i'm willing to bet cambridge will be so much more beautiful!
    oh i soooooo want to be back- less than a week to go i suppose!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lidka)
    According to the BBC, we should be getting a bit more snow later, so you might see some.
    :party:
    (Original post by munro90)
    grr jealousy of snowy cambridge. it has snowed here in durham too but i'm willing to bet cambridge will be so much more beautiful!
    oh i soooooo want to be back- less than a week to go i suppose!
    I dunno. Durham is lovely, and you probably get deeper, better snow than we do.

ReputationRep:
    So, after about 22 hours of traveling, I got stuck in the lift in my block for an hour this morning.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    It snowed here as well! Though I have to say, Milton Keynes in the snow isn't the same as Cambridge in the snow. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, snow.

ReputationRep:
    It's the end of an era...I'm going to change my username.

My mum was walking past and saw 'Thank you for logging in, (my username)' and burst out laughing and was like 'Who's that?'

So I've requested a new username to try to prevent my family from seeing all the geeky posts I've made (it's only a matter of time before my sister looks at TSR, as she's applying to uni) and disowning me. If it gets approved, I'm going to be 'thegetupkid'

ReputationRep:
    Lol. Another victim :teeth:

Btw when did you get your fourth?
    Gem? Aaaages ago :p: A little after you got your 5th.

(Original post by swird)
    So, like, if I want to neglect my legal studies in a somewhat productive manner by learning an instrument, is there a society or something that would further this mode of procrastination?

This is fueled by the fact that it is 3:48 AM and I am desperately revising, having realized that collections are in less than two weeks.
    Well there are plenty of bands and orchestras, but they all require a certain level of skill to begin with. What are you thinking of learning?

It snowed here as well, but it's almost all melted now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jigglypuff)
    'Thank you for logging in, (my username)'
    lol, covering your tracks already? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    It snowed here as well! Though I have to say, Milton Keynes in the snow isn't the same as Cambridge in the snow. :p:
    Milton Keynes?! Ew. :p:

It -might- have snowed here in Basingrad. But tbh I woke up at 9 and just vegetated in bed 'till 11:30 so I would have completely missed it :o:

ReputationRep:
    Returning to Cam tomorrow :ahhhhh: K.T. I will be sharing your week! :console:
    We can do it.... with caffine!

Bizarrely, I am currently stuck in a house with no-one for company but an old russian lady. My tutors would be most proud.

ReputationRep:
    Are most people going back in the next few days then?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going back on Sunday.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going back tonight. As far as college know, I'm coming back on friday, so I'm hoping for the generosity of people with floors :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    I'm going back tonight. As far as college know, I'm coming back on friday, so I'm hoping for the generosity of people with floors :p:
    You have to tell them when you're coming back? :\

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    lol, covering your tracks already? :p:
    Haha I'm paranoid. I remember someone on here (not mentioning their new name as they changed it because of the following) being outed by their DoS. Being outed by your family might even be worse. They're all calling me by my username now. Luckily they don't know it's on this site, I just brushed it off. Not sure how helpful changing my name is going to be, as a brief search showed it's everywhere on the forum's older posts e.g. when people say 'I agree with...'

Edit: searching on Google for my username + 'Cambridge' came up with my profile, so it probably is for the best.

ReputationRep:
    I'm arriving in Heathrow on Thursday morning. Hopefully it won't be that cold when I arrive... though I guess I wouldn't mind seeing real snow for once.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    If they will let you change it. I asked to change mine over a month a ago because people were following me and coming up to me in the street. Hasn't happened.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno. Durham is lovely, and you probably get deeper, better snow than we do.
    sadly its just a light dusting today so its a bit rubbish and it doesn't look set to snow again for the rest of the week(according to the met office)
    (Original post by Jigglypuff)
    It's the end of an era...I'm going to change my username.

My mum was walking past and saw 'Thank you for logging in, (my username)' and burst out laughing and was like 'Who's that?'

So I've requested a new username to try to prevent my family from seeing all the geeky posts I've made (it's only a matter of time before my sister looks at TSR, as she's applying to uni) and disowning me. If it gets approved, I'm going to be 'thegetupkid'
    :eek: noooooo i can see why you've done it but i always think of you as {your old username} (as odd as that sounds) cos thats how i first knew you. meh i wouldn't worry about your sis anyway as she'll be making geeky posts before too long anyway if she discovers TSR-we've all done it!:p:
    (Original post by visesh)
    So, after about 22 hours of traveling, I got stuck in the lift in my block for an hour this morning.
    unlucky mate...did you make it to addies on time?

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.