Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=300285338496

:coma:

ReputationRep:
    I finally feel settled again. All my stuff is unpacked. My room is reordered and now slightly altered with some new pictures up here and there. I'm nearly done putting holiday pictures on facebook, and now I'm putting all my lectures into google calendar (le sigh) - no excuse for not hitting the library tomorrow. I need to do two essays before the start of term; Lent will be 9weeks this year :p:

ReputationRep:
    I aim to have my room ordered by week 3

I want to be back I want to be baaack

*is very grumpy*

*goes to bed*

ReputationRep:
    Lies! You're in the box! :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    I want to go to bed :sad:

ReputationRep:
    ^ Clearly not.

The box is evil

ReputationRep:
    Really going to bed now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonkatie)
    That function does exist - the 'date' tab is located next to the 'relevance' tab on the search results
    I meant it should sort it automatically :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    What's the disturbing thing in your avatar?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    What's the disturbing thing in your avatar?
    Not a sperm, the logo for the mighty Bolton Wanderers :yep:

What's the disturbing thing in your avatar? A "hyrax"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    What's the disturbing thing in your avatar? A "hyrax"?
    Yep But I wouldn't unsult Y__'s artwork on here - he also frequents the thread

ReputationRep:
    Yep But I wouldn't unsult Y__'s artwork on here - he also frequents the thread
    I mean, what a fantastically beautiful avatar you have Craggy :p:

In any case, I was reading through your profile, and I noticed that your grades are quite unconventional for a Cantabrigian - not that it's my place to judge intelligence through grades, but Cambridge evidently place high emphasis on grades during the application process. Just wondering if your interview went really well or something else, just curious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    I mean, what a fantastically beautiful avatar you have Craggy :p:

In any case, I was reading through your profile, and I noticed that your grades are quite unconventional for a Cantabrigian - not that it's my place to judge intelligence through grades, but Cambridge evidently place high emphasis on grades during the application process. Just wondering if your interview went really well or something else, just curious
    I have no idea. I tried, and I got in. I mean the interview feedback was something along the lines of 'Astoundingly good in every respect - if you get any other students like her PLEASE SEND THEM TO US!!!!!1!' (I went to a cruddy state college) but that doesn't explain why they gave me an interview to start with, so reference and PS and submitted work were probably all good too. Which is why its important to tell applicants off for fetishizing different bits of the process, obviously, seeing as they really do consider each application individually. Oh and I am diagnosed with a disability.

What sport are the Bolton Wanderers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    I agree entirely, but that's not what you asked <pedant>

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea. I tried, and I got in. I mean the interview feedback was something along the lines of 'Astoundingly good in every respect - if you get any other students like her PLEASE SEND THEM TO US!!!!!1!' (I went to a cruddy state college) but that doesn't explain why they gave me an interview to start with, so reference and PS and submitted work were probably all good too. Which is why its important to tell applicants off for fetishizing different bits of the process, obviously, seeing as they really do consider each application individually. Oh and I am diagnosed with a disability.

What sport is the Bolton Wanderers?
    Woah, nice one! But I do see why constantly hearing people placing undue emphasis on certain aspects of the application process can be annoying; I remember being indoctrinated by a teacher regarding the "untouchable importance" of the BMAT when applying. [I could go on with examples, but I'm sure you've heard more myths than me!]

And Bolton Wanderers is football! However, I'm in that tough position where people who don't follow football disregard the club entirely, and those who do follow it, mock Bolton with disdain . Are you into any sports?

ReputationRep:
    Before you posted I was about to say that I wouldn't want to wander around there at night!
    It's fiiiiine late at night, even for girls. It's well lit and not all too dodgy.

ReputationRep:
    wow I must be so unfit

i currently ache in places I did not know existed. Off to the gym soon BLURGH
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    And Bolton Wanderers is football! However, I'm in that tough position where people who don't follow football disregard the club entirely, and those who do follow it, mock Bolton with disdain .
    At least you no longer have Sam Allardyce as manager.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Woah, nice one! But I do see why constantly hearing people placing undue emphasis on certain aspects of the application process can be annoying; I remember being indoctrinated by a teacher regarding the "untouchable importance" of the BMAT when applying. [I could go on with examples, but I'm sure you've heard more myths than me!]
    Weeeell... I was talking to the Vet Med DoS (He's our Dean of Chapel and very nice etc, and he 'hangs out' with the students as much as possible), and the BMAT is just as important as several A-levels, I think he said. Because medicine is unique in that they literally rank the applicants by 'score', which consists of BMAT, AS-levels (literally the marks you acheived in BMAT and AS), A2 Predicted and an interview score. And what's more, if they want to offer a place to someone ranked outside the top <insert number here> they need to go to someone high up and plead their case

Though he has been at Queens' for 46 years. He may be losing his mind :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Sorry, the internet went down just after I posted that maybe it was the cold or something. (Its been on and off for awhile now across the college ) My college was mercilessly free of any painstaking Oxbridge advice because they practically never sent anyone there, and knew nothing about it themselves. Their advice on how to write a PS was torturous enough :>.<:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    And Bolton Wanderers is football! However, I'm in that tough position where people who don't follow football disregard the club entirely, and those who do follow it, mock Bolton with disdain . Are you into any sports?
    No, sorry. I climbed for many years, but have had to stop recently.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.