Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Sorry, the internet went down just after I posted that maybe it was the cold or something. (Its been on and off for awhile now across the college ) My college was mercilessly free of any painstaking Oxbridge advice because they practically never sent anyone there, and knew nothing about it themselves. Their advice on how to write a PS was torturous enough :>.<:
    Please say it isn't so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Please say it isn't so
    It will doubtless be fixed by the time you're back.

ReputationRep:
    It will doubtless be fixed by the time you're back.
    Then again, if it wasn't then it might encourage me to do some work. Speaking of which...

ReputationRep:
    The opticians told me the glasses I've been wearing for the last 6 (+? can't remember when I got them really) years are doing nothing useful at all and I need new ones that will Plus, it seems you can't actually buy glasses with round frames anymore. They're all square...all of them, in every shop. Unless you want enormous old-peoples ones. Meh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom)
    The opticians told me the glasses I've been wearing for the last 6 (+? can't remember when I got them really) years are doing nothing useful at all and I need new ones that will Plus, it seems you can't actually buy glasses with round frames anymore. They're all square...all of them, in every shop. Unless you want enormous old-peoples ones. Meh.
    There are plenty oval. Especially in the cheapo £20 section of SpecSavers. Also any optician will replace the lenses in your current frames if you like them and they're still in good nick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom)
    glasses
    try glassesdirect.com. They've got a good selection and they're cheap.
    tvs
    we have always had one its just been in a box. Now its on a shelf, but we've not been watching it much so it might go back away soon.

And i finished work at 4.30 yesterday, so that's why you didn't see me! Let us know if you have any free time before term starts- james hasn't even seen your room yet!

ReputationRep:
    Argh, trying to organise a formal swap is bloody difficult. Who could've thought an LBGT rep would have so many responsibilities... there's only about 15 gay people in Selwyn! :p:

Ooh, could anyone tell me what colleges hold formals on Fridays and Saturdays please?

ReputationRep:
    There are plenty oval. Especially in the cheapo £20 section of SpecSavers. Also any optician will replace the lenses in your current frames if you like them and they're still in good nick.
    Nope and nope, unfortunately. Nowhere would agree to put new lenses in my existing frames, and if specsavers has a section which starts that cheap I didn't see it...

(Original post by scarlet ibis)
    try glassesdirect.com. They've got a good selection and they're cheap.
    Too late now, unfortunately.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by brimstone)
    Ooh, could anyone tell me what colleges hold formals on Fridays and Saturdays please?
    Pembroke does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom)
    Nope and nope, unfortunately. Nowhere would agree to put new lenses in my existing frames, and if specsavers has a section which starts that cheap I didn't see it..
    You have to ask for it. I only know because once I had to replace my glasses when I was earning pittance, and I told them I couldn't afford anything.
    Ours, obviously :p: And we're the "gay"college, so who else would you choose? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Argh, trying to organise a formal swap is bloody difficult. Who could've thought an LBGT rep would have so many responsibilities... there's only about 15 gay people in Selwyn! :p:

Queens' has them on friday :yep:

And are you the Selwyn LGBT rep?!:eek:

ReputationRep:
    Ours, obviously :p: And we're the "gay"college, so who else would you choose? :rolleyes:
    Are you -still- the gay college? :p: My maths teacher, who went to Cambridge about 25-30 years ago said Peterhouse was known as the gay college. You must be very good at what you do :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Are you -still- the gay college? :p: My maths teacher, who went to Cambridge about 25-30 years ago said Peterhouse was known as the gay college. You must be very good at what you do :yep:
    I'm sorry- college pride causes me to point out Peterhouse is the gay tory college and we (kings) are the gay liberal college (or so i'm told) :p:

p.s. TSR birthday today- 1 year old!!

ReputationRep:
    Stereotypes have a habit of outlasting their relevance :hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    :p:

And tory. Ugh. The thought of cameron sliming all over our country makes me shudder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    The thought of cameron sliming all over our country makes me shudder.
    :ditto: - its bad enough with Boris :puke:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    'Fraid so. At least if the Fellows are anything to go by.

ReputationRep:
    Shush, you gay :p:

(Original post by Gesar)
    And are you the Selwyn LGBT rep?!:eek:
    Yup, I am indeed Who is your LBGT rep? Selwyn should do a formal swap with Queens'!

And we're the "gay"college, so who else would you choose? :rolleyes:
    This wasn't actually for me, a friend asked me and I said I'd try and find out :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom)
    Nope and nope, unfortunately. Nowhere would agree to put new lenses in my existing frames, and if specsavers has a section which starts that cheap I didn't see it...

Too late now, unfortunately.
    Glassesdirect.co.uk do it - and I've always had great service from them.

ReputationRep:
    Shush, you gay :p:
    :hmpf:

*tries to find Selwyn's stereotype*

ReputationRep:
    I don't get it :hmpf: I only have 6 hours of lectures each week this term. There are huge, vast gaping holes in my week. Yet somehow the Department can't find any better time to teach The Political Economy of Globalisation other than 9am!!! :>.<:

Ah well. I guess I'll get alot of work done on Tuesdays, being levered out of bed at such a time :rolleyes:
    *waits for outrage from ukebert and visesh*

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.