Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I just don't like British politics. But I'd vote Lib Dems. I'm a leftwing scientist, which is fairly typical.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get the fundamental opposition to voting for a particular party, tbh. Seems a bit myopic
    Ok, I should have added 'unless their policies fundamentally change'. To be honest, I can't really see the Tories ever putting together a manifesto that I'd agree with but I wouldn't rule out voting for them if they did.

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of tories... There's a McCain supporter at Queens' :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of tories... There's a McCain supporter at Queens'
    Lol, maybe he's the same guy that I saw at the Union on American election night who looked really upset when McCain lost.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy_emz)
    Lol, maybe he's the same guy that I saw at the Union on American election night who looked really upset when McCain lost.
    He was at the union, but he left before they announced the result and came back to our bar.

ReputationRep:
    That means there must be two of them *shock*

ReputationRep:
    That means there must be two of them *shock*
    Yeah... Just what we need, -more- people who think Palin isn't stupid :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    I don't get it :hmpf: I only have 6 hours of lectures each week this term. There are huge, vast gaping holes in my week. Yet somehow the Department can't find any better time to teach The Political Economy of Globalisation other than 9am!!! :>.<:

Ah well. I guess I'll get alot of work done on Tuesdays, being levered out of bed at such a time :rolleyes:
    *waits for outrage from ukebert and visesh*
    *is outraged*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    *is outraged*
    :bawling: :getmecoat:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    I thought Cambridge was meant to be full of Tories. Where are they? :dontknow:
    ...scared to post 'cos me and ukebert are on here? :security: :p: Llamaaaa is a Tory.
    (Original post by Apagg)
    I don't get the fundamental opposition to voting for a particular party, tbh. Seems a bit myopic
    If a person is genuinely convinced that a party is guaranteed to destroy the country a person lives in, then I think they're fulling justified in having strong views about other people not voting for them :p: If it didn't have a bearing on their own life, then fair enough - each to their own.. but that precisely isn't the case.
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Yeah... Just what we need, -more- people who think Palin isn't stupid :rolleyes:
    She's clearly a troll
    Try Caius I'm one of the few people there that definitely wouldn't vote Tory at the next election (or at all, come to that!)
    ..or Peterhouse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munro90)
    i was going to express outrage but i think you win
    NatSci 9ams>Med 9ams :p:
    I had saturday 9ams in my 3rd year. Medics used to have saturday lectures in the 2nd year, but that stopped with the 2004 intake thankfully. However, 1B MVST is pretty packed these days...

How is your prep for Tuesday going? Do you still have JF supervising you for anatomy? I saw him in the theatre area today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vivisteiner)
    I just don't like British politics. But I'd vote Lib Dems. I'm a leftwing scientist, which is fairly typical.
    I think as you 'grow up' and 'see the real world', most left wing students shift to the right, economically if not socially. That certainly seems to be the case with a lot of people I know, including me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by craghyrax)
    Yet somehow the Department can't find any better time to teach The Political Economy of Globalisation other than 9am!!
    I know a medic who had supervisions at 7:45am every wednesday last term. You dirty, moany arts student :p:

Incidentally, he was the McCain supporter.

ReputationRep:
    If a person is genuinely convinced that a party is guaranteed to destroy the country a person lives in, then I think they're fulling justified in having strong views about other people not voting for them :p: If it didn't have a bearing on their own life, then fair enough - each to their own.. but that precisely isn't the case.
    No, I mean saying "I'd never vote for Party x"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apagg)
    No, I mean saying "I'd never vote for Party x"
    Oh, sorry. Although I'm sure people who say that mean:'I'd never support x, y, z policies or solutions' if they think about it.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    ...scared to post 'cos me and ukebert are on here? :security: :p: Llamaaaa is a Tory.
    Well, at the moment I'm another. :yes: By elimination if not for any other reason.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, sorry. Although I'm sure people who say that mean:'I'd never support x, y, z policies or solutions' if they think about it.
    Most people do. Some people though mean, for example "I'd never support the Tories = I'm secretly a classist inverse snob who hates the middle and upper classes and believes they're incapable of organising anything beyond a fox hunt and brandy tasting session"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apagg)
    Most people do. Some people though mean, for example "I'd never support the Tories = I'm secretly a classist inverse snob who hates the middle and upper classes and believes they're incapable of organising anything beyond a fox hunt and brandy tasting session"
    Oh yeh. ukebert and I are very familiar with such a person...
    :hmpf:

Meanwhile, I forgot to bubble and froth:
    I have HPS lectures this term!!!! :dancing: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone want to read about the bajillion causes of jaundice for me? I've already had a 12 hour day :hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeh. ukebert and I are very familiar with such a person...
    :hmpf:

Meanwhile, I forgot to bubble and froth:
    I have HPS lectures this term!!!! :dancing: :woo:
    A Peterhousian?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Does anyone want to read about the bajillion causes of jaundice for me? I've already had a 12 hour day :hmpf:
    Liver failure
    Accident with yellow paint
    Done?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.