Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I won't get angry, but I'll have to delete it unfortunately. Whatever network this is - I haven't heard about it!

ReputationRep:
    I loved Buttermere :love: Although the campsite owners were evil :dry:
    (Original post by minimo)
    We should plan some kind of TSR meet for this term. I think setting a random date well in advance and telling people to 'be there' is the way to.
    My party is already a TSR meet. I'm just letting a few other people come to it too :p:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    On a completely unrelated topic, where in Cambridge are the good places to buy stuff for bop costumes? I still haven't been to one due to a combination of laziness and a lack of creativity.
    There are probably places around Mill Road and the Grafton but I don't know. In central Cambridge there's a joke/party shop place on Bridge street same side of the street as Magdalene but different side of the bridge. EDIT: Beaten :getmecoat:

And I've done no work this evening Instead of reading the Bourdieu I took with my babysitting, I continued with the second Thomas Covenant Chronicles :flute:
    Although I did spend four hours in the library before that, so not a total wreckage. Just need to square that tomorrow...

ReputationRep:
    It's not actually necessary to have a costume for Queens' Bops. Arrive at 11 after liberally dousing yourself in vodka and you'll fit right in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    I loved Buttermere :love: Although the campsite owners were evil :dry:
    Need to go back there. By the way, what is the station in your profile picture? It looks awfully familiar.

ReputationRep:
    Birthday party *** TSR meet sounds like the swesomeness

ReputationRep:
    I will probably have to leave early in order to go to sleep.

ReputationRep:
    Holy crap I'm leaving tomorrow - Why haven't I packed?!

Bugger.

EDIT: I'll be back at Cambridge tomorrow - why is my work not done?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)

Bugger.

I have similar thoughts running through my mind to you, I've got stuff on tomorrow and going into London for the boat show on saturday and then on Sunday I'm going up to Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swird)
    *entering this thread with yet another lame question*

So I have heard about this mystical and awesome filesharing network on Jesus' intranet. Any other Jesuans want to enlighten me?
    We just share files over the college network, as all computers are linked via an ethernet cable. I don't think it can be accessed by people from other colleges

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Need to go back there. By the way, what is the station in your profile picture? It looks awfully familiar.
    Um, Charing. And most do
    Birthday party *** TSR meet sounds like the swesomeness
    Such an awesome idea, in fact, that its surprising noone's done it before :hmmmm: :p:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Hahah yes. The inherent question eternally asked by Cambridge students a week before term :p:
    (Original post by Apagg)
    We just share files over the college network, as all computers are linked via an ethernet cable. I don't think it can be accessed by people from other colleges
    I assume Peterhouse is the same. I can listen to any number of other iTunes libraries, at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom)
    I don't think it's limited to Jesus, and I don't think we can post about it here (Nina will get angry). PM visesh, if he doesn't mind.
    Hm, what I'm talking about is apparently like a within-college thingy of file sharing for Jesus students. It's one of those things I heard from a friend, who heard it from a friend, who heard it from their college dad, haha.

(Original post by Apagg)
    Should probably have clarified--I am at Jesus :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swird)
    Hm, what I'm talking about is apparently like a within-college thingy of file sharing for Jesus students. It's one of those things I heard from a friend, who heard it from a friend, who heard it from their college dad, haha.

Should probably have clarified--I am at Jesus :p:
    Ah man, I don't think I've come across anything like that yet.

I will take this opportunity though to say just how much I HATE Resnet: LOTS!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Um, Charing. And most do
    Yeah, cometo think of it it could be one of many.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone ever heard about DC++? :ninja:

Well, it's stopping :p:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Yes, haven't used it in years though.

(Original post by Gesar)
    I'm surprised that it still existed.

(Original post by Gesar)

Bugger.

:ditto: on both counts.

ReputationRep:
    can someone tell me something? if you send a message to someone on FB who isn't a fb friend, can they then see your profile or bits of your profile?

ReputationRep:
    can someone tell me something? if you send a message to someone on FB who isn't a fb friend, can they then see your profile or bits of your profile?
    I think they can see your basic information, but not the full profile, and its for some time limited period (a month maybe?) - when I replied to a message from someone who wasn't a friend it came with a warning saying what information would be viewable if I sent the message - I guess this might happen for the original sender too.

Having just checked, I can see the basic information, education information, friends list and profile picture, but not wall and photos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Matt-)
    Having just checked, I can see the basic information, education information, friends list and profile picture, but not wall and photos.
    Oooo, gotta be careful in future then.

And my DoS just sent an email round - 'Note that most of you will have lectures until 1pm on Thursday'. Is it too much to hope that mathmo lectures now start at 11am rather than 10?! (Because god knows what I'll do if they give me an hour's break :shifty:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Oooo, gotta be careful in future then.

And my DoS just sent an email round - 'Note that most of you will have lectures until 1pm on Thursday'. Is it too much to hope that mathmo lectures now start at 11am rather than 10?! (Because god knows what I'll do if they give me an hour's break :shifty:)
    Nah, Tu Th S lectures are from 11-1, M W F from 10-12 this term. I'd rather have them start at 10 though - I'm going to miss lunch!

Source: http://www.maths.cam.ac.uk/undergrad...list-08-IA.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)

Yeah, they'ev found an alternative as far as I'm aware.

:ninja:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.