Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i propose tsr bowling. Went last night, and it was great fun! See you all at crag's do first though! I've missed tsrness!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    can someone tell me something? if you send a message to someone on FB who isn't a fb friend, can they then see your profile or bits of your profile?
    They can see very basic info for one week only.
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Yeah, cometo think of it it could be one of many.
    Such as... Charing, perhaps? :p:

The context of that pic is that we'd walked all day, gotten to the site where a campsite was marked on OS and discovered it had been turned into a holiday centre :hmpf: Walked from there to the nearest village, Harrietsham. Caught the train from Harrietsham to Charing. Tried to find another campsite two miles away from Charing station in the dark. Failed. Went back to Charing station and took the train to the nearest family/friends in Canterbury. I was so hungry I cooked dinner on the platform :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    Nah, Tu Th S lectures are from 11-1, M W F from 10-12 this term. I'd rather have them start at 10 though - I'm going to miss lunch!

Source: http://www.maths.cam.ac.uk/undergrad...list-08-IA.pdf
    That's good enough! Extra lie in on saturdays :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    They can see very basic info for one week only.Such as... Charing, perhaps? :p:

The context of that pic is that we'd walked all day, gotten to the site where a campsite was marked on OS and discovered it had been turned into a holiday centre :hmpf: Walked from there to the nearest village, Harrietsham. Caught the train from Harrietsham to Charing. Tried to find another campsite two miles away from Charing station in the dark. Failed. Went back to Charing station and took the train to the nearest family/friends in Canterbury. I was so hungry I cooked dinner on the platform :p:
    I very nearly bought a load of camping cooking stuff for my trip, because I wanted to play around with them. Glad I didn't, cheese sandwiches take up much less room :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    That's good enough! Extra lie in on saturdays :woo:
    I'm planning to do Part II Logic and Set Theory, which is Tu Th S 9 ... well, I guess it might help me to keep a healthier day/night rhythm... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    I'm planning to do Part II Logic and Set Theory, which is Tu Th S 9 ... well, I guess it might help me to keep a healthier day/night rhythm... :rolleyes:
    Johnstone and my supervisor ruined set theory for me. I won't be doing that voluntarily again :p:

I have finished though! :yep: All work is completed! Besides the random question I nominated to ignore to save time.

ReputationRep:
    N&S 4... still haven't gotten around to doing that. Hmmm. Probably should sometime soon...

(Original post by Y__)
    I'm planning to do Part IB Groups, Rings and Modules, which is 9AM on M W F. Maybe some others as well, time permitting. Luckily it's only just down the road at Mill Lane... I know some people were doing Part II Graph Theory in Michaelmas and they had to make a mad dash (on bicycle) from the CMS to get to N&S on time...

ReputationRep:
    I hate packing :hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    I hate packing :hmpf:
    I actually like packing but I've yet to bother to do any. And I go up tomorrow.

:hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    I actually like packing but I've yet to bother to do any. And I go up tomorrow.

:hmmm:
    I also hate packing. But this time it's literally consisted of chucking whatever I think will be useful into a box

And, I've got it down to just two boxes and a suitcase this time :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Warm clothes. Lots of warm clothes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    I also hate packing. But this time it's literally consisted of chucking whatever I think will be useful into a box

And, I've got it down to just two boxes and a suitcase this time :ninja:
    :eek: I already have two suitcases and three boxes, and I've barely packed anything. I've also got three carrier bags of food my mum bought me, so that'll save a tenner that I would've spent on food shopping

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    :eek: I already have two suitcases and three boxes, and I've barely packed anything. I've also got three carrier bags of food my mum bought me, so that'll save a tenner that I would've spent on food shopping
    What on earth are you packing? Fair enough if you have a lot of clothes... But I need a few books, a few folders, some papers and some laptop stuff. Plus some junk like my uber-cool IBM stressballs. I really don't understand how you can fill so many boxes :p:

And my mum begrudgingly bought me toothpaste, shampoo and washing powder. Food shopping is my own domain apparently

EDIT: I've probably asked you before though :p:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Grrr Richard's being a pain and hasn't got time to pick up euromillions tickets, and its not letting me do it online. I have no way of getting to the shops before it closes the Lotto bit either. I want my chance at winning £50m damnit!

ReputationRep:
    God, I have over 150 books to pack now...

ReputationRep:
    I have a suitcase full of books, a suitcase full of clothes, sheets, pillowcases and duvet go in a duffle bag along with crockery and walking boots, dinghy spray suit etc. Little things that don't fit anywhere else go in my rucksack, then there's just the instruments, of which I am taking 10 this time :indiff:

I normally like packing, but going away for 8 weeks means that there is such a lot of stuff that I could pack. Normally when I go away I try to survive on one sock, which is not an option when going to Cambridge

ReputationRep:
    8am outing tomorrow morning... it is going to be -5 tonight and its not going to have warmed up much by then :hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    8am outing tomorrow morning... it is going to be -5 tonight and its not going to have warmed up much by then :hmpf:
    Luvly jubbly. Below freezing temperatures, as long as there's no sun, are brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how I can send a letter via UMS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The West Wing)
    Does anyone know how I can send a letter via UMS?
    dunno:dontknow: ...write who its too, where they work (or get their mail) and UMS in big letters on the envelope then hand it in at your porters lodge maybe?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.