Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    What essays? :ninja: And it's nice to know that I wasn't the only one who left it all until the last minute, I just need to proof-read my History essay and then I would have finished all my set vac-work having started on Monday. :o:

Indeed. :party:
    Anyone else planning to go to the thing at Soul Tree Sunday night?
    Ah, something about a Pushkin poem for russian (excuse - I don't have the secondary texts yet), and some 19th C. german history (excuse - errr...). They'll get done, soon. No, really.

Also, I've been told I'm going to Fez on Sunday *shrug* Apparently there's a ladies night, which is just great; it's either going to be a lot of v. bored straight girls bemoaning the lack of guys, or a ton of lecherious old men. I can't decide which I'd prefer...

ReputationRep:
    :zomg: A forgotten chocolate!!! :teeth:

Edit: Scipio where are you?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by K.T.)
    Ah, something about a Pushkin poem for russian (excuse - I don't have the secondary texts yet), and some 19th C. german history (excuse - errr...). They'll get done, soon. No, really.
    I have no idea why but I love the way everyone says that the work will "get done" rather than that they will do it. :p:

(Original post by K.T.)
    Also, I've been told I'm going to Fez on Sunday *shrug* Apparently there's a ladies night, which is just great; it's either going to be a lot of v. bored straight girls bemoaning the lack of guys, or a ton of lecherious old men. I can't decide which I'd prefer...
    What exactly is the concept of "ladies night"? If guys are still allowed to come then all you have to do is spread the word that such a night is going on and I'm sure plenty of guys will turn up. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Gnargh. I am convinced that everything takes me twice as long as it does other people! :banghead:
    uber rant about my boring day

Today:
    1: Wake up at 11. Drink caffeine. Prepare breakfast. Very sleepily wake up. Have a long bath. Get washing together, find coins for laundry.
    2: Go to Fen court to wash clothes at 1:30 Go to library and start reading Bourdieu. Go back in 30mins to take first washing out of machine and put it in dryer. Return to book. 15mins later return to washing to take second load out of washing machine and into a dryer and put first load on second dryer cycle (ours are crap) Return to book for another 20mins. Go back to washing and take the first lot out of dryer and put second lot in for final dry. Go back to book. Return again, retrieve all the washing. Collect books (its now around 4) go home. Change into MUCH warmer clothes.
    3: Go to Kings. Meet SPS friend for coffee and chat till 6, go home.
    4: Go to the gym round 6:30. Interval training for 40mins. Get home round 7:30.
    5: Housemate returns from vacation simultaneously to my getting back. Chat a bit in hallway. Run upstairs to see how food that college husband has started cooking is going. Chat to him and other friend for a bit. Sort out washing and tidy room. Eat dinner. Clean up. All of this ends at 11pm - I kid you not :hmpf:

Which brings me to now...:banghead:

Craggy, that's the story of my life. Simple things take forever. Rargh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    Reassuring! Thanks :hugs:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by minimo)
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Reassuring! Thanks :hugs:
    I hate to say it as I'm guilty of this as way, but maybe there's a correlation between TSR usage and this condition.

Anyway, finally started packing. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    So, i was called at 9pm and asked to come in at 7am for a liver transplant. My friend who was on call last night decided she wanted to do it. I said okay, she could, but only for the first 3 hours as it was really my case but her shift ends at 9am. Then she calls me at 1am saying she has to go for a retrieval, and that i should head in early.

Then the hospital call me again at 4am and say the 7am is cancelled because the new liver was unsuitable, but there was another, complex one at 11. Sorted.

Then i get a call at 8:40am telling me to get my ass in asap as they were starting early cos it was urgent. I get in for 8:55, change and head to theatres. No activity whatsoever. Wait for 40 mins. A nurse tells me that the liver hasn't arrived and that it'll prob start at 11 or 12!

Now, my friend is on the retrieval and her shift ends at 9am. She hasn't slept in 2 nights but is one of those annoying types that wants to do everything even if it's not her turn, and if anyone else gets any sort of opportunity not offered to her, she gets really arsey. Now, she probably wants to do this case, and i stupidly offered her half of the case that then got cancelled. I can't get in touch with her to find out for sure. I'm stuck here with little sleep and not having had a shower. Gah. Might investigate a shower now actually.

ReputationRep:
    urgh dissertation woes. Every time I read masses of stuff and make a huge effort I do ****. I'm hoping npt reading as much and just blagging my way though things will do the trick this time round. heh.

ReputationRep:
    Woo it's about to start. See you in 10hours!

ReputationRep:
    *wages furious battle with sleep* :fight: *massive bloodshed* :stickyman:

*gnargh!* :coffee:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    I hate to say it as I'm guilty of this as way, but maybe there's a correlation between TSR usage and this condition.
    Yeh - minimo and I do have that in common, but its just as frustrating on days when I don't go online all day and still don't get much done! In the spoiler of my day yesterday, I came online while eating breakfast (which is slow anyway because of taking ages to wake up) and then again after eleven at night. So its being slow at lots of small things I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Woo it's about to start. See you in 10hours!
    Just tell the annoying friend to butt out.

ReputationRep:
    Ditto Craggy on the annoying friend thing.

I just had an immense workout. Now if only I could stick to my other new year's resolutions.

ReputationRep:
    outing at 8 this morning was awesome. I was going out in an eight for the first time and was well scared but it went really well. And i didn't get too cold cos i was working hard. Even did a race piece. Sorry this should be in the rowing thread. I'll shut up now!

ReputationRep:
    Back at Selwyn Can't wait to see everyone again!

*goes to hunt people down* :p:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    :sigh: Finished packing - 2 suitcases, 4 large canvas bags, 6 smaller bags, 2 boxes, a printer, various packs of bottled drinks, probably other stuff I've forgotten as well. Not sure if it's going to fit in the car.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    outing at 8 this morning was awesome. I was going out in an eight for the first time and was well scared but it went really well. And i didn't get too cold cos i was working hard. Even did a race piece. Sorry this should be in the rowing thread. I'll shut up now!
    Strange timing for becoming a boatie :p:

ReputationRep:
    Back and unpacked!! woop!! :p:
    people starting to trickle in now.

ReputationRep:
    I think hall will go back to normal service today. I hope so because I'm sick and can't go to Sainsburys.
    They've been doing breakfast and lunch all week but no dinner. Mainly because they need to feed all their staff who go home in the evenings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    We don;t have a specific CUSU-MS box, but our mail room has an ICMS box (which I think is the same as a UMS box) which I've used many times before with no problems. This is the first time I've heard of CUSU-MS and that as students, we can't use UMS.
    ICMS is now called CUSU-MS.

ReputationRep:
    you guys have racked up soooo many posts since I've been away :rolleyes:

anywho, training camp was amazing! We had a scrummaging session with Raf Ibanez

Skiing was freezing, -13 is a bit too cold for me :o:

Can't wait to get back tomorrow!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.