Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Argh! I just incurred major bank charges by not paying attention
    I did that too. I want my loooooan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    Speaking of banks: I forgot my PIN! Arrrrrgh! And I didn't keep it on paper because 1) you're not supposed to and 2) I never forget numbers that I use every now and then. I obviously didn't take the five week holidays into account.

Does anyone know whether HSBC will send me a new one and whether it will cost anything?
    It will be free. You can go into a branch and ask them to send a new one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lidka)
    I did that too.
    Its so annoying when I'm literally changing banks this week. A parting gift it seems :hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    Does anyone know whether HSBC will send me a new one and whether it will cost anything?
    You can do it online / by phone ( http://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/personal/c...s/chip-and-pin) and it will be free

ReputationRep:
    Back again... and this time I'm trying to keep it up... how is every one?

Please... feel free to stalk me down at John's, forcing me to go at least once a day on TSR :p:

PS : had a most horrible experience a couple of days ago... my next door neighbour applied to cambridge, and i saw on her wall "congratulations.. well you got further than me... i'll be going to UCL", so i thought she got in... and knocked on her door... and it turned out she got pooled and had litteraly got her rejection letter the morning i came to knock on her door...:sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Ouch :>.<: I hope you your ski boots were unfastened when that happened, otherwise it was a very needless accident What happened to the other skiier?
    Unfortunately it was right at the top of a blue run, so my ski boots were very much fastened. I then had to go through an hour and a half of much pain while my instructors tried to get me to ski down it. Ended up sobbing and being skied down the last bit Turned out they didn't want to call mountain rescue because it would've cost me loads, so it was easier for them to just get me down. Painful though The other skier was fine - it was another guy on the trip, and I apologised to him again the other day and he said he didn't even remember me crashing into him because he'd been crashed into so many times by random people!

Eeep, and I RSVPed to your birthday without explaining why I can't come - I have an ECSU handover formal that night. Sorry, hope you have a lovely time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)
    Unfortunately it was right at the top of a blue run, so my ski boots were very much fastened. I then had to go through an hour and a half of much pain while my instructors tried to get me to ski down it. Ended up sobbing and being skied down the last bit Turned out they didn't want to call mountain rescue because it would've cost me loads, so it was easier for them to just get me down. Painful though The other skier was fine - it was another guy on the trip, and I apologised to him again the other day and he said he didn't even remember me crashing into him because he'd been crashed into so many times by random people!

Eeep, and I RSVPed to your birthday without explaining why I can't come - I have an ECSU handover formal that night. Sorry, hope you have a lovely time
    Oh dear what happened ( i can't find the post)... are you ok? ... still got both your legs/arms?:eyeball: (hehe... i like that new smiley :p: :p: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegluups)
    PS : had a most horrible experience a couple of days ago... my next door neighbour applied to cambridge, and i saw on her wall "congratulations.. well you got further than me... i'll be going to UCL", so i thought she got in... and knocked on her door... and it turned out she got pooled and had litteraly got her rejection letter the morning i came to knock on her door...:sigh:
    Oh my gosh, how embarrassing! :>.<: How did she react?
    Eeek Poor you. I've seen them collecting injured people and taking them down like that (I worked for some friends at a ski resort for 2months) To be honest, after my experience I felt so thankful that I had that much time to experiment and take it at my own pace. I would have despised it if I had tried to get into it in just a week, with the feeling that I ought to try things out so as not to waste my money and the limited opportunity! I think you can have accidents more easily if you're under pressure. So yeh - I left with strongly anti-week long ski trips views! Regrettably very few people are lucky enough to go for 2months the first time.
    No problem Mind you if you have time after the formal, we'll be at the Maypole.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my gosh, how embarrassing! :>.<: How did she react?
    well i think she was touched that i went to the trouble of coming to ask her... and she'd just come out of the shower ... so we didn't talk much... but i didn't really know what to say... felt so awful for her (especially since i was wearing my law soc hoody... jsut to make things worse...)

poor her... she really deserved it as well!!! i felt so bad for her...

3 people i know were applying to cam... 2 got rejected... one down ...:sigh:

how are you craghy btw, and a good xmas, new year, michaelmas term?

ReputationRep:
    how are you craghy btw, and a good xmas, new year, michaelmas term?
    Yep, you? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yep, you? :p:
    yeah, it was ok... taking the tube on new year's night around three o'clock in the morning going home in paris was just about the most terrifying experience of my life...but otherwise it was good

michaelmas was ok as well... had a bit of a rough time at the start... but its good now

only thing that can make me happier now (other than divorce and mariage being abolished in france before tuesday) would be if it snowed in cambridge :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Eeek Poor you. I've seen them collecting injured people and taking them down like that (I worked for some friends at a ski resort for 2months) To be honest, after my experience I felt so thankful that I had that much time to experiment and take it at my own pace. I would have despised it if I had tried to get into it in just a week, with the feeling that I ought to try things out so as not to waste my money and the limited opportunity! I think you can have accidents more easily if you're under pressure. So yeh - I left with strongly anti-week long ski trips views! Regrettably very few people are lucky enough to go for 2months the first time.
    No problem Mind you if you have time after the formal, we'll be at the Maypole.
    I would have liked to have taken it at my own pace. My boyfriend and another friend were very keen and reckless, and consequently ended up doing black runs by the end of the week. Whereas I felt that the lessons were going too quickly for me! I'm a very methodical person, particularly when it comes to something that I'm not confident doing, and I'd much rather have spent the week learning how to turn and snowplough slowly, rather than being shoved on to a blue on the second day and being told to go. I felt really rubbish about the amount of money that was wasted though - I paid for lessons and equipment that I barely used!

I'll be at the formal with a couple of linguists and some friends and tend to bear the brunt of pennying in such company, but if I'm still vaguely coherent and able to walk afterwards I'll definitely try to make it there

ReputationRep:
    yeah, it was ok... taking the tube on new year's night around three o'clock in the morning going home in paris was just about the most terrifying experience of my life...but otherwise it was good

michaelmas was ok as well... had a bit of a rough time at the start... but its good now

only thing that can make me happier now (other than divorce and mariage being abolished in france before tuesday) would be if it snowed in cambridge :cool:
    It snowed. You missed it.
    Why was it terrifying, and don't you call it the Metro?
    I think everyone has a rough time initially.
    And thanks for the general rep :p:

Argh this always happens. The library closed. I came home...
    ... and the books are still packed in the bag :hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    It snowed. You missed it.
    Why was it terrifying, and don't you call it the Metro?
    I think everyone has a rough time initially.
    yep metro it is... just using the english word :p:

It was terrifying because full of drunk people ... getting into fights... and being sick everywhere... Some people were very nice and friendly (friendly drunk), but some other people were just down right agressive... and one guy tried to touch any girl's hair ... he would just touch their hair and then find another girl... weird... but their bf usually didn't care for that very much... :sigh:

IT SNOWED.... and i missed it? * goes and jumps off the Bridge of Sighs * :yikes: :banghead: :bawling: :hmpf:

PS : why do you mention on your profile you're a girl? (just out of interest):eyeball: ?

ReputationRep:
    But Tube is in London and nowhere else :p:
    IT SNOWED.... and i missed it? * goes and jumps off the Bridge of Sighs * :yikes: :banghead: :bawling: :hmpf:
    ...a good way to make sure you won't be around when it snows here again :rolleyes:
    PS : why do you mention on your profile you're a girl? (just out of interest):eyeball: ?
    Because on TSR I get referred to or addressed as 'he' or 'him' or 'bro' on an average of once every ten days... :hmpf:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Back from NYEver 2009; Cindies > Soul Tree. :yep:

And I'm not sure if I should come to your birthday thing Craggy; there seems to be too many people coming already so I should probably just wait for an exclusive TSR meet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    Back from NYEver 2009; Cindies > Soul Tree. :yep:

(Original post by alex_hk90)
    And I'm not sure if I should come to your birthday thing Craggy; there seems to be too many people coming already so I should probably just wait for an exclusive TSR meet.
    :bawling:

*takes gluups instead* :huff:

ReputationRep:
    But Tube is in London and nowhere else :p:
    ...a good way to make sure you won't be around when it snows here again :rolleyes:
    Because on TSR I get referred to or addressed as 'he' or 'him' or 'bro' on an average of once every ten days... :hmpf:
    :sigh: weird...

ReputationRep:
    :sigh: weird...
    Precisely

ReputationRep:
    ... well good night (RANT : i have to get up at 8 tomorrow because of a 5 minute appointment with my tutor... :mad: why... oh why... )

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.