PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    :bawling:
    Sorry. :p:

*takes gluups instead* :huff:
    You can have her.

(Original post by thegluups)
    ... well good night (RANT : i have to get up at 8 tomorrow because of a 5 minute appointment with my tutor... :mad: why... oh why... )
    Pfft - I have a test at 11:00 tomorrow, time to revise. :work:

ReputationRep:
    I've just spent 3 hours on TSR arguing about Politics and Anthropology. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME!!!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by The West Wing)
    I've just spent 3 hours on TSR arguing about Politics and Anthropology. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME!!!
    Indeed. Then again I doubt you have any work at the moment.
    By the way, what was our old head boy's name, now a first-year Classicist? I met him outside Soul Tree but completely forgot, maybe Rob?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    Indeed. Then again I doubt you have any work at the moment.
    By the way, what was our old head boy's name, now a first-year Classicist? I met him outside Soul Tree but completely forgot, maybe Rob?
    I made a to do list of finishing my Weber essay, finishing reading the Epsing-Anderson and half the Marshall text on welfare states and to begin my psychology essay (waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overambitious), but I didn't end up doing any of those tasks today.

Yes, he's called Rob. I saw him in Coffee Republic last week.

ReputationRep:
    :ditto: - and I've also failed with my equally ambitions vacation to do list.

I managed a few hours in the library, but failed to continue once it closed.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I made a to do list of finishing my Weber essay, finishing reading the Epsing-Anderson and half the Marshall text on welfare states and to begin my psychology essay (waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overambitious), but I didn't end up doing any of those tasks today.
    There's still Tuesday and Wednesday.

Yes, he's called Rob. I saw him in Coffee Republic last week.
    You were here last week? Or was this Coffee Republic in AY/MK? And what is his surname? (for FB adding purposes)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    There's still Tuesday and Wednesday.

You were here last week? Or was this Coffee Republic in AY/MK? And what is his surname? (for FB adding purposes)
    Well my plan was (new year's resolution is to plan more) to finish sociology reading tomorrow, proof politics tomorrow and write 500 words of psychology tomorrow. On Tuesday to write 500 words of sociology, hand in politics and write another 500 words of psychology, and Wednesday to finish sociology and psychology.

I'm going to have to rehash my plans now :shifty:

His surname is Thorman. I saw him in AY.

ReputationRep:
    AY... MK? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    AY... MK? :confused:
    Aylesbury...Milton Keynes (sorry, we're living in our parallel world. I went to school with alex_hk90)

ReputationRep:
    Aylesbury...Milton Keynes (sorry, we're living in our parallel world. I went to school with alex_hk90)
    Thanks. I gathered the last bit, but wasn't quite there with the abbreviations.

Man I'm tired. My mum sent a long email and I've been up replying to it.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. I gathered the last bit, but wasn't quite there with the abbreviations.

Man I'm tired. My mum sent a long email and I've been up replying to it.
    Go to bed .

Me and Chess Piece Face will be coming on Tuesday by the way :yes:.

Is the Int project quite a lonely experience? For politics you have to do two independent essays. It seems quite a daunting prospect to be reading and researching something that possibly nobody else in your year is doing as a question.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Well my plan was (new year's resolution is to plan more) to finish sociology reading tomorrow, proof politics tomorrow and write 500 words of psychology tomorrow. On Tuesday to write 500 words of sociology, hand in politics and write another 500 words of psychology, and Wednesday to finish sociology and psychology.

I'm going to have to rehash my plans now :shifty:
    I almost always end up re-planning, it does work in the end though. But then you feel that you could have had spare time if you just did the revised plan earlier...

His surname is Thorman. I saw him in AY.
    Thank you.

Go to bed .
    You can talk. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Go to bed .

Me and Chess Piece Face will be coming on Tuesday by the way :yes:.
    :woo:
    My cousin is coming too :eek: Now I'm worried because the only person he knows is Gesar, and if Gesar doesn't come I'm not sure what I'll do :o:
    Is the Int project quite a lonely experience? For politics you have to do two independent essays. It seems quite a daunting prospect to be reading and researching something that possibly nobody else in your year is doing as a question.
    Ummm...
    Well the two essays you're not alone in. They gave us five questions to choose from for the Philosophy essay, and three of us chose my topic. It wasn't lonely but I was about as terrified about it as I was coming up to exams last year, because the guy I shared supervisions with behaved like he knew everything already, and he was having loads of discussions with Baert in the supervision about intricacies in the philosophy that I couldn't follow at all :eek:
    But in the end Baert predicted me a 2:1/1st, told me the essay was very good - so I was scared for nothing. And I really enjoyed the process. It was a step out of my comfort zone, but very rewarding.
    I don't know if I'll be alone in the question I chose for the next essay, but we had a large group supervision of 7 people just to discuss the different options available to us at the end of last term.

As for the research project - some people choose to join projects being done by the department, and they take on a small section of it themselves. These people get to work with a few other students who also chose that project. Very few of us have designed our own individual projects (like maybe three of us) - and there are still alot of overlaps so its quite easy to chat about methodological issues or other stages with other students even though the exact thing you're doing is different.

Anyway.. with regards to dissertations/long essays/research etc: yes its very daunting, but its such a massive confidence boost. I felt over the moon after I handed in my first draft and it went down well. Also I'm so grateful for a chance to show my capabilities in an assessed essay rather than an exam - I am really rubbish with exams, and I felt like last year's exams bore zero relation to my hard work during the year.

ReputationRep:
    I know I said I can't come on Facebook, but I'll try and pop into the pub for 10 minutes on Tuesday to say hello and meet the TSR-ers I don't know

ReputationRep:
    EEEK! Silly me - trying to make a time to give you notes when I can just bring them to the party! (at West Wing) I'll make some photocopies tomorrow for brim too.
    (Original post by brimstone)
    I know I said I can't come on Facebook, but I'll try and pop into the pub for 10 minutes on Tuesday to say hello and meet the TSR-ers I don't know
    Heheh cool. I've come to expect that from you now :p: You kind of chop yourself into several tiny pieces and give everyone a slither

ReputationRep:
    EEEK! Silly me - trying to make a time to give you notes when I can just bring them to the party! (at West Wing) I'll make some photocopies tomorrow for brim too.

Heheh cool. I've come to expect that from you now :p: You kind of chop yourself into several tiny pieces and give everyone a slither
    Haha, that's one (amazing and novel!) way to describe me :p:. Actually, I don't know why I'm still awake now. :p:

And photocopies?! :eek: Of what? :p:

ReputationRep:
    And photocopies?! :eek: Of what? :p:
    My exam question papers from last year that I held onto. They only put past papers on the website that are two or more years back... :ninja:
    A huge stack of SPS notes and handouts and printed JSTOR articles/photocopies from last year...

ReputationRep:
    My exam question papers from last year that I held onto. They only put past papers on the website that are two or more years back... :ninja:
    A huge stack of SPS notes and handouts and printed JSTOR articles/photocopies from last year...
    :love: You're amazing, Craggy

ReputationRep:
    :love: You're amazing, Craggy
    I try :girl:

Anyway bed for me! :yawn:
    Laters :vroam:

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, I might have to see about a booking. Wagamamas as a chain doesn't do them, but apparently the Cambridge branch does if you ask nicely. I chose a Tuesday night on the hopes that it would be less busy than other nights of the week :dontknow: It was originally Monday, but some people weren't back yet.
    Btw are you bringing your girlfriend? :teeth:
    Ooh, could do. I shall see if she's free on the night in question

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.