Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    I wasn't 'drunk', just had a few, and I don't usually before a test, in fact that was the first time. :yes: Besides, I don't think it affected my performance - it was going to be bad either way. :p:

Now I'm confused. :confused: College families?
    Are you coming tomorrow? It's possible that Shreena will know you and hence have someone else to talk to

ReputationRep:
    OK, fellow Cambridge people, big favour: Does anyone have a plausible Cambridge address that I could use for job applications?

We do have a marina address, but it gives away the fact that we live afloat, and I've been warned by fellow boaters not to let it on to potential employers just in case it puts them off. It would basically have to be anything thats NOT Suchandsuch College, Cambridge, CB.... Ideally it'd be x, Something St, Cambridge. Very little would get posted there, just the odd letter, and i'd pick it up as soon as i could. So anyone who lives in a house that postmen would actually post to would do.

THANKS!

ReputationRep:
    I live in a house that has received letters. Could try it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Oh, I have found two things that I forgot this term. First, my tuner, which is exceptionally irritating. Secondly, a comb :indiff:
    I have one for my harp, which you can always borrow if necessary. You're on your own for the comb though :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apagg)
    I live in a house that has received letters. Could try it.
    awesome. i'll run a trial if you PM me the address and we'll see if it gets there. thanks!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Yes Amy.

Craggy - you'll get your present once my loan comes through - I'm kinda broke but fully intend to get you something :o:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I know mine works because I have grads living upstairs that get bills etc either way

ReputationRep:
    Craggy/Paggy/someone...could anyone reccommend me good earphones for the gym? I went into currys today looking for some and the guy said that only the 37 quid ones would do the trick. Needless to say i'm not spending that much on gym earphones, so do you guys have any (cheap) reccommendations?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    Craggy/Paggy/someone...could anyone reccommend me good earphones for the gym. I went into currys today looking for some and the guy said that only the 37 quid ones would do the trick. Needless to say i'm not spending that much on gym earphones, so do you guys have any (cheap) reccommendations?
    Earphones, as in for a MP3 player?

ReputationRep:
    yep
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Well at my gym you could buy earphones from there to plug into their system which cost £4. Cheapo ones are fine!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Apagg)
    Are you coming tomorrow? It's possible that Shreena will know you and hence have someone else to talk to
    I don't think I know a Shreena, and I wasn't planning to come tomorrow as not only wouldn't I know anyone there but it sounds like it's going to be packed already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    I don't think I know a Shreena, and I wasn't planning to come tomorrow as not only wouldn't I know anyone there but it sounds like it's going to be packed already.
    Ah ok. She's a third year Economist at Pembroke so I thought there might be a possibility.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    I have one for my harp, which you can always borrow if necessary. You're on your own for the comb though :p:
    Thanks, but it's OK. I'll get one of my parents to bring one down next time they're in Cam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    yep
    I don't see why you'd need anything other than the cheapest and most basic in that case. What was his argument for the £37 'phones?

ReputationRep:
    minimo I just use my iPod and ipod earphones. Do you think you need something specific?
    (Original post by Nina)
    Craggy - you'll get your present once my loan comes through - I'm kinda broke but fully intend to get you something :o:
    Aw don't worry about it - I don't expect presents! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apagg)
    I don't see why you'd need anything other than the cheapest and most basic in that case. What was his argument for the £37 'phones?
    that they wouldn't slip out :/
    I think I came across as a bit of an electronics n00b so I guess they thought they'd try to go for the big sell :p:

luckily I'm not that stupid.

Ahem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    minimo I just use my iPod and ipod earphones. Do you think you need something specific?

Aw don't worry about it - I don't expect presents! :p:
    nopee, I just need bog standard earphones. I think WH Smith might do uber cheap ones actually, will check.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know where there is free parking in Cambridge (preferably reasonably secure) My college is rubbish
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Apagg)
    Ah ok. She's a third year Economist at Pembroke so I thought there might be a possibility.
    Hmm, I think I know of her. But thanks for the thought.

By the way, do you know if the university has an FT.com subscription that we can use? Or at least a cheaper subscription than £200 a year?

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.