Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chess Piece Face)
    Does that mean you'll have no time for TSR meets and/or formals?
    Gonna have to play it by ear. I'll probably just resume last year's act, by going zombie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Also the colleges that do use such a system have significantly higher levels of theft than ours.
    But they probably have a significantly more useful library.

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: sorry to hear it all Crags, wish I could help more.

I've strated to feel very nauseous and ill. I think I might be sick :puke:

ReputationRep:
    Ah, sucky. I hope you feel better soon! And don't worry about it, I'm not upset I just felt like ranting.
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    But they probably have a significantly more useful library.

From the library's point of view, no. Apparently very few people use libraries past 12 in the libraries that do have 24hour options, so they're spending alot of money just to benefit a very small minority. The money Peterhouse don't spend on stolen books they use to buy any books I need if they don't have them already, which is very useful.

I'd be perfectly happy for them to simply make a workspace available 24/7, it doesn't have to be the library - it just needs to be a quiet alternative to my room.

ReputationRep:
    I am, thanks

Hope you're feeling cheerier too, Crags.

ReputationRep:
    I had a major freak out last night too. A lot of the things that came up in my DoS meeting got to me and then I remembered how much work I had and felt completely overwhelmed. Luckily I was forced to get some sleep by Danielle and boyfriend (who is a complete hypocrite and went to bed at 7am, but there we are :p:) and feel much better now. Although that doesn't change the fact that I have to read a book written in Golden Age Spanish and write an essay on it by midday tomorrow, and then have all the rest of my work due on Tuesday, and am still absolutely exhausted and will need an early night again tonight.

Hope you're feeling better Craggy - empathetic :hugs: (and some special Emma ones too :loveduck:)

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, I'm one of the people who let the tiniest things get to me and feel crap about it for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages and let it ruin my day. In the process I manage to forget all the 'good' stuff that might have happened in that day.

I'm such a silllllyyyyy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    Ugh, I'm one of the people who let the tiniest things get to me and feel crap about it for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages and let it ruin my day. In the process I manage to forget all the 'good' stuff that might have happened in that day.

I'm such a silllllyyyyy!
    :ditto: :hugs:

(Original post by lavalse)
    Something about missing the lecture.
    I wouldn't worry about it, I don't think everyone found it as interesting as I did - well, the other people from Emma certainly didn't. I just didn't know anything about Unamuno beforehand, and found out that he was an absolutely fascinating person. Can't wait to study 'Tres novelas' now. Plus, she showed us 100 year old origami If you like, I can photocopy my four and a half pages of notes for you, although I can't guarantee that they make much sense.

ReputationRep:
    I know it's like stating the obvious, but it's sooooo nice to have Camchat to rant in,

ReputationRep:
    Gah, 7:00am starts for the next 5 weeks :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)
    I had a major freak out last night too. A lot of the things that came up in my DoS meeting got to me and then I remembered how much work I had and felt completely overwhelmed. Luckily I was forced to get some sleep by Danielle and boyfriend (who is a complete hypocrite and went to bed at 7am, but there we are :p:) and feel much better now. Although that doesn't change the fact that I have to read a book written in Golden Age Spanish and write an essay on it by midday tomorrow, and then have all the rest of my work due on Tuesday, and am still absolutely exhausted and will need an early night again tonight.

Hope you're feeling better Craggy - empathetic :hugs: (and some special Emma ones too :loveduck:)
    :hugs: Glad you're feeling a bit better

ReputationRep:
    Calm down all! It'll be fine. It always has been in the past, and it always will be.

ReputationRep:
    :yawn: :work: I can't be bothered to go to the library right now. I feel like working in my pyjamas. Plan B - Targets. I won't come back on TSR till I've read all of Castells
    (Original post by coldfish)
    Calm down all! It'll be fine. It always has been in the past, and it always will be.
    If you say that at Easter, there will be ..pain.

ReputationRep:
    ugh.must.get.on.with.work.and.no t.panic.about.grad.apps

ReputationRep:
    Must force myself to care about what happens to spaceships travelling in opposite directions...

ReputationRep:
    Must stop crying over Lazarillo de Tormes and actually read it...

ReputationRep:
    :eek: This thread moves so fast! I can't possibly read it all From what I can gather though, there is an awful lot of work to be done, and it's no different here! I have a stupid amount to do this weekend But I always find that when I have so much work, it just seems impossible and I end up doing hardly any of it and leave it all til the last minute. I sense that I will be spending most of my time between now and the end of term in the library or at my desk. What fun!

Oh, and in other news, my sister just found out she has an interview for Robinson Completely off topic, but I'm so happy for her, and really want her to do well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauuuura)
    :eek: This thread moves so fast! I can't possibly read it all From what I can gather though, there is an awful lot of work to be done, and it's no different here! I have a stupid amount to do this weekend But I always find that when I have so much work, it just seems impossible and I end up doing hardly any of it and leave it all til the last minute. I sense that I will be spending most of my time between now and the end of term in the library or at my desk. What fun!
    I feel your pain.
    Oh, and in other news, my sister just found out she has an interview for Robinson Completely off topic, but I'm so happy for her, and really want her to do well
    Congratulations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    I feel your pain.
    Although you sound like you have a ridiculous amount of work, and I think I really shouldn't be complaining!

ReputationRep:
    Although you sound like you have a ridiculous amount of work, and I think I really shouldn't be complaining!
    Meh. I had a very light term until my Father's visit. Not even three weeks left: certainly liveable.

I really shouldn't be on TSR :vroam:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.