Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    that they wouldn't slip out :/
    I think I came across as a bit of an electronics n00b so I guess they thought they'd try to go for the big sell :p:

luckily I'm not that stupid.

Ahem.
    Yep. Don't try to pull the wool over the eyes of a Cambridge student

Ehm.. well do you run in the gym? I only cycle and do weights so I've never had a problem with earphones falling out. You do get those earphones that hug your outer ear, but they shouldn't be any more expensive than any other set. Go to Argos at the Grafton - or use Argos online and get them to deliver.

ReputationRep:
    I need some better headphones. I sat on my last ones and they now don't fit pproperly :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nina)
    I know mine works because I have grads living upstairs that get bills etc either way
    OOh, thanks! Would anyone mind if letters addressed to me arrived do you think? Could you PM me the address? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    that they wouldn't slip out :/
    I think I came across as a bit of an electronics n00b so I guess they thought they'd try to go for the big sell :p:

luckily I'm not that stupid.

Ahem.
    I just use the ones, as Nina, that came with my MP3 player. They've never slipped out during an erg so they're satisfactory

ReputationRep:
    The kids I babysit broke my apple earphones, so now I have to use a crappy pair with rubbish sound quality :dry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    Hmm, I think I know of her. But thanks for the thought.

By the way, do you know if the university has an FT.com subscription that we can use? Or at least a cheaper subscription than £200 a year?
    There may be, but I'm not aware of it. I know the Marshall stocks the FT though. Best thing to do is probably to ask at the Marshall if we have an online subscription.

ReputationRep:
    For future reference, Sainsbury's > Co-op, although the co-op does do good chocolate at a reasonable price and is open to 2300 every day

EDIT: Back to work :hmpf: If I'm on TSR before midnight someone have a go at me please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nina)
    Well at my gym you could buy earphones from there to plug into their system which cost £4. Cheapo ones are fine!
    ohhh I will ask at mine, thank you!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Lies. Coop >>>>>>>>>>Sains.

Off to DoS meeting! oh and PM'd, Amy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nina)
    Lies. Coop >>>>>>>>>>Sains.

Off to DoS meeting! oh and PM'd, Amy.
    Co-op is marginally more expensive and their Bitter Lemon is even worse than Schweppes :dry:

Also their cheese is quite nice but seems to deflate as soon as you open the packet. Chocolate is good though.

ReputationRep:
    ukebert, which is closer?

• CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Probably about the same.

ReputationRep:
    nopee, I just need bog standard earphones. I think WH Smith might do uber cheap ones actually, will check.
    doesn't HMV do some cheap ones?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Oh and with the co-op, you need to know what to get where. For some things you buy them at the coop, for others you go across the road to one stop because its cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    Mock exam earlier: physics good, compsci ok, geology a nightmare.

Now have to convince myself that my bop costume a) looks like what it's supposed to, and b) what it's supposed to be actually fits the theme.

Then work. Probably not more than an hour of solid work in what I want to get done today, I'm just so unmotivated. And I have too many cereal bars.

ReputationRep:
    I love Max Weber's Profession and Vocation of politics sooooo much!!!! I want to do a dissertation on it.

Easily the best text of all the ones we do this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    Mock exam earlier: physics good, compsci ok, geology a nightmare.

Now have to convince myself that my bop costume a) looks like what it's supposed to, and b) what it's supposed to be actually fits the theme.

Then work. Probably not more than an hour of solid work in what I want to get done today, I'm just so unmotivated. And I have too many cereal bars.
    Ooh what are you going as? Can you tell me if anyone ends up going as a chimpanzee outfit? I am trying to find one but nowhere sells them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The West Wing)
    Ooh what are you going as? Can you tell me if anyone ends up going as a chimpanzee outfit? I am trying to find one but nowhere sells them...
    Will ask if I see anyone in one. I doubt anyone will be going to that much effort, though.

ReputationRep:
    I :love: this game, or at least the concept. Considering buying it.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, Co-op? Where?!

And is there an Asda near the Grafton, as someone told me there was once, but I haven't found it?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.