Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    genius thread!

Also, I think I lost weight over the holidays, which I can only explain as being due to less beer, 'cos I certainly had more of everything else!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)
    I think we could probably do an Emma formal, although in terms of the numbers of Emma kids on the thread... I think there are just two of us who are regular regulars. It's three guests per person, not sure if we can do bigger bookings. I also know it's pretty expensive for guests - £9 or something stupid like that.

Anywho, if you wanted to do Emma I'm sure I could try to organise it
    Still cheaper than going out - and although some of you guys aren't that regular, you could still feasibly ask them rather than simply having no way to get enough tickets.
    (Original post by Apagg)
    Shreena's coming Provided that invitation is still extended
    Hurrah!
    (Original post by Y__)
    I'm terribly sorry , but I'll have to use any spare time between now and Wednesday 9.30 to revise for that stupid mock exam :motz: . Definitely have to meet you at some point this term though ! (By the way, I tried to look you up on Facebook, but I guess I'm spelling your name wrong - it's been a few hundred pages on this thread since I last read it.)
    No problem - I should be the one apologising for rubbing my party in your face while you're stuck slaving away!And have a look at ukebert's friend list and add me from there?
    (Original post by Y__)
    (I lost 8kg during Michaelmas and regained 4 or 5 during the Christmas holidays.)
    That's an insane change. I lost weight my first Michaelmas. Though this might have something to do with the fact that I turned nocturnal, and lived on dinner and 3am chocolate all term :rolleyes:
    (Original post by minimo)
    I've put on a magical kilo too. God knows how, apparently exercise can make you bigger with muscle mass :wtf?:
    The stolen Hotel Chocolat present is more likely You've only just started the exercise, so give it a while to kick in. Mind you it would help if you simultaneously cut down on some stuff. Like I have a bargain with myself that I am allowed to carry on eating chocolate as long as I give up hall puddings and a few other things...
    Seems to work. (I mean in the sense that its not hard to stick to)

ReputationRep:
    You guys, is my icon looking okay to you? 'cos on my screen it's doing some sort of glitchy flickering thing :/

(I am aware this is probably the internet equivalent of asking "How's my hair?")

EDIT: It seems to have stopped now, nm...

ReputationRep:
    Your avatar? Its fine from here...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The West Wing)
    The hot chocolate they sell is basically melted dary milk!!! I don't recommend it because it's probably 600 calories.
    You can buy the stuff to make that in Sainsbury's (Cadbury's luxury hot chocolate) - it's literally just 75% dairy milk, 25% dark chocolate and nothing else. You dissolve a lot of it in hot milk, and it's somewhat wonderful. I think I'll have some now, actually...

Anyway, I've done 1348 words on my essay, I think I'll save the fun (but hard) part for when I'm a bit more coherent tomorrow. Unfortunately I have another one to do after that, so I may be unable to come to Craggy's party - I'll try and make the maypole or something though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supergrunch)
    Unfortunately I have another one to do after that, so I may be unable to come to Craggy's party - I'll try and make the maypole or something though.
    Did you see my answer to your question earlier? :poke:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Did you see my answer to your question earlier? :poke:
    Yes, many thanks, Minimo beat you to it and got the rep I'm afraid. But I finally found the stuff!

ReputationRep:
    How can Stanford not have Bourdieu!!!? :motz:
    (Original post by Supergrunch)
    Yes, many thanks, Minimo beat you to it and got the rep I'm afraid. But I finally found the stuff!
    Oh my bad then. I didn't see. And don't worry - wasn't after rep.

ReputationRep:
    My resolution of this year is to cut off on diet coke... I swear I drink a liter of that everyday at the very least...

Craghy, before I forget (since i probably will), happy birthday ... at least it wont be as impolite as not saying it at all....

I meant to ask, does anyone want a ticket to John's epiphany service on Saturday? I've got a spare, if anyone wants?

ReputationRep:
    How can Stanford not have Bourdieu!!!? :motz:

Oh my bad then. I didn't see. And don't worry - wasn't after rep.
    Stanford doesn't even have Durkheim :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The West Wing)
    Stanford doesn't even have Durkheim :rolleyes:
    What's wrong with these Philosophers!? :getmecoat:

*tries Routlege*
    (Original post by thegluups)
    Craghy, before I forget (since i probably will), happy birthday ... at least it wont be as impolite as not saying it at all....
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Still cheaper than going out - and although some of you guys aren't that regular, you could still feasibly ask them rather than simply having no way to get enough tickets.
    I could indeed I know Danielle would probably be up for it. Don't know any of the Emma TSRers in higher years though. So that makes three of us I think, so a potential of nine guests. Hmmm, depends what people want to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)
    I could indeed I know Danielle would probably be up for it. Don't know any of the Emma TSRers in higher years though. So that makes three of us I think, so a potential of nine guests. Hmmm, depends what people want to do
    You, Danielle and... Zhen Lin? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Oui. I was assuming that Zhen Lin would actually want to formal it - if not then it's back to the two of us I'm afraid! I do know another couple of people who are on TSR, but neither of them have posted more than about 10 times and I know for definite that one of them wouldn't be keen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chewwy)
    aww, i just had a boy who i taught on a summer school in july (and hadn't been in contact with since) ring me up for advice on his a-level exam tomorrow. made me feel loved.
    I'm guessing this isn't the Caius summer school? Also something I've been meaning to ask you but haven't had chance to, when is the Venn Dinner? I think there's a chance it might clash with our Varsity Dinner

And formal sounds good I've only been to Caius and Trinity, but then again I think I'm going to have major dinner ticket problems this term :>.<:

ReputationRep:
    isn't Joachim also at Emma?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilepea)
    And formal sounds good I've only been to Caius and Trinity, but then again I think I'm going to have major dinner ticket problems this term :>.<:
    huh... not john's yet? but how... :eek: :eek: everyone should go to johns...

sorry... just thought i had to live up to the reputation that we are arrogants bas** :p: :p:

I've been to Jesus and Trinity, and they felt alot less formal than John's which was weird...

Do a lot of colleges have their buttery in their hall?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know a Joachim. If he is, he's not a fresher

ReputationRep:
    Not sure why you're asking me :p:
    huh... not john's yet? but how... :eek: :eek: everyone should go to johns...
    Because there's only one of you and we need to choose colleges with several TSRers so we can get tickets for everyone :rolleyes:

And Peterhouse has buttery in hall. Candlelit.

ReputationRep:
    No Robinson I believe (if I'm thinking of the right person that is :o:)

And I'd like to go to Johns

However I am the thickest person ever, I've just washed and tumble dried my gum shield :o:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.