Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilepea)
    However I am the thickest person ever, I've just washed and tumble dried my gum shield :o:
    Ah. Ruin anything else in the process?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Ah. Ruin anything else in the process?
    not as far as I'm aware .... but I will be needing a new gum shield, It now tastes funny and won't say in the right place :o: oh well it was only £2 from sports world

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilepea)
    It now tastes funny...
    Laundry soap? Is Sports World the huge place in Lion's Yard?
    Boy did I hate it...

ReputationRep:
    Not sure why you're asking me :p:

Because there's only one of you and we need to choose colleges with several TSRers so we can get tickets for everyone :rolleyes:

And Peterhouse has buttery in hall. Candlelit.
    :p: :p:

hum... nah not you in general... just a general comment ... that i seem to remember that he was at emma (from all the facebook adding days... good times good times )

I know the fact that its candlelits... one of the second years owns a peterhouse chandelier .... was boasting about itthe other way

* feels very sorry for herself due to the upcoming mock *

smilepea do you play rugby? which college are you at? we might meet at some point then...
    Sports Soccer gumshields are kind of rubbish :p: i accidently melted mine completely (it broke into two) when i was trying to mold it..:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    That's what I like about being at university: I rarely bother buying substantial amounts of food, just some fruit for breakfast, bread&cheese for dinner and buttery for lunch - therefore I live a lot more healthy over here than at home where the family fridge holds a vast supply of the best things .

(I lost 8kg during Michaelmas and regained 4 or 5 during the Christmas holidays.)
    What are the best things? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    genius thread!

For anyone who didn't click the link:

Can a tortoise live in harmony with a serpent?

The tank's quite big if that helps
    Put your trust in Jesus. According to the Bible:

"The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them."

I'd imagine if you pray enough the two will be able to coexist harmoniously
    I am not a very religious person, will this be a bad thing?

ReputationRep:
    Gah. I've just dropped my car off for it's MOT, and it'll be ready for 11:30. They can't hold on to it until tomorrow (fair enough) and close at 5. I've got consultant teaching on the wards all morning and seminars/lectures until 6pm. I'm going to have to skip my teaching...

It sucks when you have no time for yourself.

ReputationRep:
    johnson's have gone off and lost my dry cleaning. this has made me VERY annoyed. Thank goodness it was just normal trousers and not my ball dress or something, I might have hurt someone then. I'm so pissed off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom)
    For anyone who didn't click the link:
    I prefer

There's more to faith than love for your tortoise.
    K.T. you do know who Sunshine Princess is, don't you?

Yes it is, but its also going to be a Meet.

I have decreed it :judge:
    I decreed it first :hmmm:

*sigh* I was intending to read 100 pages last night and then go to bed. I ended up finishing the book (pratchett of course) and getting to sleep at 2am. I woke up an hour later than intended and now need to get to the library to continue work if I'm going to be at Wagamamas by 1930.

EDIT: Have you now phoned Wagamamas Craggy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    johnson's have gone off and lost my dry cleaning. this has made me VERY annoyed. Thank goodness it was just normal trousers and not my ball dress or something, I might have hurt someone then. I'm so pissed off.
    where is johnson's? cos i need some dry cleaning doing but i'd rather not send it somewhere thats gonna loose it. anyone know of another dry cleaners?

On other notes:-
    TSR meet/formal sounds like a great idea if you don't mind me joining in?!:p:

exams this afternoon though so i best return to my books

ReputationRep:
    by subway on drummer street

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munro90)
    where is johnson's? cos i need some dry cleaning doing but i'd rather not send it somewhere thats gonna loose it. anyone know of another dry cleaners?

exams this afternoon though so i best return to my books
    Good luck! There's a dry cleaners by the station.

I may not make it tonight- my last lecture ends at 6:/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The West Wing)
    Hmm it might be a problem because I don't know how to do it. I'll have to ask Lidia.
    Yes? :p:

ReputationRep:
    i'm hungry and tired

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Good luck! There's a dry cleaners by the station.

thanks -ok cool we'll be there anyway so it will be good to see you if you do

by subway on drummer street
    bummer- thats the one i had recommended to me anyway- might have to risk it as its so nearby

ReputationRep:
    WHy am I not working yet? :banghead:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    *sigh* I was intending to read 100 pages last night and then go to bed. I ended up finishing the book (pratchett of course) and getting to sleep at 2am. I woke up an hour later than intended and now need to get to the library to continue work if I'm going to be at Wagamamas by 1930.

I worked until midnight or something in a friend's room and then intended to come back to my own and watch a Spanish film. Instead, I watched the last 10 minutes of Desperate Housewives, completely changed all the photos on my digital photoframe, Facebooked a few people, ate lots of crisps, spent 15 minutes chopping ginger to make myself a drink and read a few pages of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. My boyfriend came in at 3 and demanded to know why I wasn't asleep when I'd looked shattered 3 hours previously :o:

Right, going to get dressed. And then lots of Pushkin translation. Woot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegluups)
    I know the fact that its candlelits... one of the second years owns a peterhouse chandelier .... was boasting about itthe other way
    Which one?
    I don't use them anymore - they're too crap.
    I went in and booked it yesterday, yes.
    It sucks when you have no time for yourself.
    It was very aggravating when I was working fulltime, yes.
    Ask your porters for permission to put your dry cleaning in with the colleges. Peterhouse do this and put the charge on the college bill.
    Feel free. We've not arranged it yet, but the date is very likely to be teh 2cnd of February.
    Come to the Maypole later on..
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)
    :ditto: Lots of reading to do before the party. And gym. And doing something to the creature that is my hair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)
    I worked until midnight or something in a friend's room and then intended to come back to my own and watch a Spanish film. Instead, I watched the last 10 minutes of Desperate Housewives, completely changed all the photos on my digital photoframe, Facebooked a few people, ate lots of crisps, spent 15 minutes chopping ginger to make myself a drink and read a few pages of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. My boyfriend came in at 3 and demanded to know why I wasn't asleep when I'd looked shattered 3 hours previously :o:

:five:

Really going to get to work now. *sigh* I'm screwed. Doing everything that I made myself promise that I wouldn't do this term and it's only the second day :o:

ReputationRep:
    :five:

Really going to get to work now. *sigh* I'm screwed. Doing everything that I made myself promise that I wouldn't do this term and it's only the second day :o:
    :ditto:

I don't have a mock thankfully, but I'm so behind on everything else. Ho hum

By the way, my neighbour's tutor told her that their Engineering mock is unnecessarily hard to scare them for the rest of the year. I don't know if you do the same one, but just thought I'd mention it

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.