Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    Sorry to all that I was only at the Maypole for literally five minutes, I got there later than I had hoped to be there I hope you all had a good time. And thanks Llamaaa for the flag
    We only arrived very shortly before you did, so if you came much earlier you would have been twiddling your thumbs and waiting
    (Original post by Supergrunch)
    Happy (belated) birthday, anyway.
    Nah, you're a day early And thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]We only arrived very shortly before you did, so if you came much earlier you would have been twiddling your thumbs and waiting
    :p: That's good then! I also hoped that the people I was meeting would arrive later Never mind, I'll spend two hours with you next time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supergrunch)
    Hmm, is that given by James or Liam?
    James being the LBGT President and Liam the Magdalene rep?
    If so, both were there but it was run by a counsellor from some organisation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    :p: That's good then! I also hoped that the people I was meeting would arrive later Never mind, I'll spend two hours with you next time
    Heheh.. no problem. It was good of you to drop by, and I'm glad I didn't have to take the notes back with me :p: Plenty more TSR meets to come. Just put 2cnd of Feb down in your diary, as we'll probably arrange a meet around Athena's visit that day.

ReputationRep:
    Can the Wagamama crew tell me which people don't want to be tagged on facebook?

ReputationRep:
    I seem to have gotten even worse at sleeping since I got back to Cambridge I'm too tired to work and too cold to sleep, I wish they'd fix my heating/draughty windows dammit!

ReputationRep:
    I'm rubbish at it. Its astonishing how I can have extremely strong motivation and discipline in some areas. Its just a shame that these seem to draw from other areas and leave nothing :p:

ReputationRep:
    At the moment I don't seem to be able to do anything It's taken me the best part of the whole time I've been back at Cambridge to translate five pages worth of Pushkin. I still have 17 left to do before next week And not being able to sleep means that everything takes a billion times longer.

Gah, can't be hitting a low point already, it's not even week 1 yet! Just wish other people were up to give me a hug, I'm feeling lonely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)
    Gah, can't be hitting a low point already, it's not even week 1 yet! Just wish other people were up to give me a hug, I'm feeling lonely
    :hugs: You're tired - things always feel worse in that state. And everybody has the same inertia coming out of holidays back into term time. You'll pick it up soon again.

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: You're tired - things always feel worse in that state. And everybody has the same inertia coming out of holidays back into term time. You'll pick it up soon again.
    Thanks, yet again, for saying the right thing at a ridiculous hour of the morning Appreciated, as always :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    Somehow, my very succesful (during high school) revision method of frantically ingesting information at the last minute proves to be less succesful at university. I suspect it's because the amount of maths we have learned last term is probably a bit more than the whole of the last two years at school...

Not looking forward to the mock exam tomorrow .
    :ditto: to all of that :p: Hope it goes well

The party was best towards the end when everyone had loosened up a bit at the Maypole, so I think those that had to leave early missed out
    :sad:

Oh, and I forgot to mention that thanks to certain guests I now have pages and pages of cartoon genitals :dry:
    :rofl: My pitiful attempt at valve gear was obviously the best :p:

(Original post by Zoedotdot)
    At the moment I don't seem to be able to do anything It's taken me the best part of the whole time I've been back at Cambridge to translate five pages worth of Pushkin. I still have 17 left to do before next week And not being able to sleep means that everything takes a billion times longer.

:hugs: Things will get better, you just need to get into the swing of things

ReputationRep:
    love your avatar,craggy- its come out quite well! And thanks to everyone for a lovely evening!

ReputationRep:
    AArrgh

Not sure whether this should be a happy or not :o: I made an idle bid on a Charango on eBay yesterday and won it unexpectedly :eek: It is a very nice one, but it does mean that I need to pay out around £120 when my loan hasn't come through yet :o: I'm not altogether sure how much I have in my account...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    AArrgh

Not sure whether this should be a happy or not :o: I made an idle bid on a Charango on eBay yesterday and won it unexpectedly :eek: It is a very nice one, but it does mean that I need to pay out around £120 when my loan hasn't come through yet :o: I'm not altogether sure how much I have in my account...
    shouldn't your loan have come through by now? Doesn't it come through on the same day for every one?

huim... what is a Charango exactly :ninja:?

and Zoë, bighug :comfort: don't worry, you'll be fine,once you get back into the swing of it, with lectures and all . I'm sure that alst term went very well, no reason why this term shouldn't ...

if you're feeling lonely, feel free to pop by John's... ( i probably don't have as much chocolate as Craghy, but i certainly still have a fair amount of biscuits left over from xmas/new year )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegluups)
    lol... yep.. i started playing uni rugby, (apparently you need forwards, lol ...) but.. i've never really played rugby before, i just love watching it... and i just missed being in goal too much might give it a go next year though

see you tonight
    Yes we need forwards!! mainly front row mind (we currently have 5 :sigh: ) and you may/may not have noticed I wasn't there, I erm spent 15mins crying to my tutor and then 20mins trying not to cry to my DoS followed by an hrs more crying which finished at about twenty past five hence my no show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegluups)
    shouldn't your loan have come through by now? Doesn't it come through on the same day for every one?
    :ditto: I thought everyone got their loan on the 13th?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I'm trying to test this theory. Is the HSBC website refusing to load for anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks ukey and Natacha I'm feeling a little more positive this morning although still absolutely shattered. Didn't get to sleep until 6 in the end. This insomnia thing was kind of funny and weird last term, but now it just means I'm getting more and more tired Hopefully I'll hit some kind of rhythm soon...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nina)
    I'm trying to test this theory. Is the HSBC website refusing to load for anyone else?
    It's loading for me. It was REALLY slow last week though.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I switched onto IE and got it to work that way. I have my loan

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.