Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    happy birthday :suith:

:party:
    Thanks
    ok this is really embarassing but I HAVE to admit it. I only got the 'proper tea is theft' thing this afternoon. I really am that slow. What am I doing in cambridge?
    The more pertinent question is what are you doing in SPS :p:

ReputationRep:
    ok this is really embarassing but I HAVE to admit it. I only got the 'proper tea is theft' thing this afternoon. I really am that slow. What am I doing in cambridge?
    Don't worry, I only got it the next morning :p: I only get puns if I read them out loud.

Lectures today
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Up in time for my 9am despite a midnight fire alarm. Proof. :proud:

Although now I have to go and edit all my old posts so this thing can work.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations FJ

Happy Birthday Craggy also :p: Nearly forgot :o:

Is it wrong that I wish I actually had more lectures that I could attend? At the moment (due to some lovely clashes in timetabling/impossible timing and travelling, and the cancellation of two sets of lectures), I only have c.4hours every first week, and then c.6 every second. Sad thing is, I'd have actually liked some 9ams, to give me a reason to get up and actually get on with something in the mornings... But tant pis, library it is! Hope everyone else has a good day of lectures

Happy birthday Craggy x

ReputationRep:
    I've already gymmed. Look what a good girl I am!

And Cragggy, shhhhhhhh. We shouldn't mention that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadow of a Dream)
    Is it wrong that I wish I actually had more lectures that I could attend? At the moment (due to some lovely clashes in timetabling/impossible timing and travelling, and the cancellation of two sets of lectures), I only have c.4hours every first week, and then c.6 every second. Sad thing is, I'd have actually liked some 9ams, to give me a reason to get up and actually get on with something in the mornings... But tant pis, library it is! Hope everyone else has a good day of lectures

Happy birthday Craggy x
    You sound like my MML DoS, he drops random bits of French into everything. As does one of my friends actually, we all think he's going to grow up to be my MML DoS Ah, we do love him...

Firstly, and most importantly - Happy Birthday Craggy

Secondly - it's the first day of term and I have no scheduled stuff to do I do have an essay to write, but my Spanish supervisor hasn't been in touch with either me or my supervision partner so we have no idea if we actually have a supervision or not... However, I think today will be a day of endless Pushkin, punctuated with a shopping trip

ReputationRep:
    This is a bit of a shot in the dark, but does anyone know if there's any way I can quickly get the book Fearless Symmetry: Exposing the Hidden Patterns of Numbers by Avner Ash and Robert Gross? It'd be helpful for an essay I'm doing this weekend, and the only copy I can find is in the UL, which is request only and so on, and not possible to borrow (not that I can borrow anything from the UL, but yeah).

Edit: No need to worry, I found it for £10 in Heffers when I had another look.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone for being so nice I'm seeing my tutor again today ... and probably my DoS, hopefully everything will get sorted out by next week

and HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRAGGY!! :party:

ReputationRep:
    happy birthday craghyrax!!! :party:

woop! first lecture of the term down!

ReputationRep:
    I LOVE Thermofluids

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)
    Secondly - it's the first day of term and I have no scheduled stuff to do I do have an essay to write, but my Spanish supervisor hasn't been in touch with either me or my supervision partner so we have no idea if we actually have a supervision or not... However, I think today will be a day of endless Pushkin, punctuated with a shopping trip
    And you are worried about this? :p: I got set 3 more examples papers today, on top of the three I was too lazy to do over the holidays. I still have this essay to do as well. I haven't yet unpacked, I've been that busy Of course, TSR takes priority over unpacking, but meh :p:

ReputationRep:
    happy birthday craggy!!

ReputationRep:
    Happy birthday Craggy! If you see this, check your pigeon hole sometime today

(Original post by Shadow of a Dream)

Happy birthday Craggy x
    Ha, the people who do history at my college attended ~3 lectures for the whole of last term - apparently most of them aren't relevant to the paper they're doing so they might as well not go. They keep rubbing it into my face (I have 28 hours per week!). :p:

ReputationRep:
    I definitely posted here this morning, but can't find it now...

ReputationRep:
    So far lecture attendence this term 0 out of 1

ReputationRep:
    My lecturer used the f word today. he's totally increased his street cred in my eyes.

ReputationRep:
    Ouch. Just got results of physics mock: Seems I'm vaguely competent at physics, but my remembering-to-answer-all-the-questions skills are sorely lacking...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    Ouch. Just got results of physics mock: Seems I'm vaguely competent at physics, but my remembering-to-answer-all-the-questions skills are sorely lacking...
    tbh I'd be delighted with that :p: Congratulations

ReputationRep:
    My lecturer used the f word today. he's totally increased his street cred in my eyes.
    It was awesome when we had a lecture discussing intensification of adjectives with the affix "-ass," and someone asked if you could say "tight-ass" and the lecturer was like "yes, as in tight-ass ************." (hmm, that'll probably be ruined by the swear filter, but it was great - suffice to say it's an Oedipal insult, but here used somewhat postively)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.