Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Craggy said February 2nd?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    you had a whole lecture on -ass?

James is in London today, lucky bugger! Some teaching exposition at Olympia. Meanwhile i have a whole day of work followed by ergs.:mad: actually i'm quite looking forward to it although i suspect this says more about the sheer boringness of my job.,
    SOme of my friends had a 5 week attachment dedicated to -ass, but in an entirely different context.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    You still have to tell us what you did that got you banned from the anchor :p:

EDIT: That wasn't your fault.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    someone say hot guys?

my god, I am getting soooooooooo predictable. *facepalm*
    You are slowly becoming the Crisps of camchat

ReputationRep:
    Craggy, where is the SPS tea room?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    You are slowly becoming the Crisps of camchat
    I don't think this merits a proper reply

:haughty:

ReputationRep:
    Okay guys, my follow-up student cooking tip of genius: sweet chilli sauce in curry.
    It sounds so wrong, but tastes so good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    Okay guys, my follow-up student cooking tip of genius: sweet chilli sauce in curry.
    It sounds so wrong, but tastes so good
    ...that actually sounds awesome, but then I love sweet chilli sauce.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Next anticipated date is 2nd Feb when Athena is coming for her postgrad interview.

ReputationRep:
    Well bugger me. I got 52% in that test. This is a "low 2:2" and as such I need to have a meeting with my DoS tomorrow. To let you all know I am seriously considering banning myself from TSR until (probably) September, given that I'll be away for much of the summer anyway. I simply can't afford to let my work slip.

Apart from anything this is it for me, I know that people do drop out and reapply somewhere else, but I just couldn't face that all over again, another gap year and so on. If I muck this up I have no idea what I will do, seriously. I am very very low at the moment. It's very very frustrating.

Thank god it happened on a Thursday. Ceilidh band has never failed to cheer me up so far.

The other thing is this essay. I've had a miserable afternoon of it trying to finish it, failed miserably. I have no realised that it although it is due in by 1pm tomorrow, I have lectures and labs from 0900 to 1300 anyway So yeah, it'll be a long night and an early morning. Very early. If I was feeling less depressed then I'd skip ceilidh band, but that I cannot face.

ReputationRep:
    I was going to post my grad application off today but the postbox outside Jesus can't fit A4 envelopes...

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: for ukebert. Keep at it. And the best way to avoid procrastination on tsr is to ban yourself or simply let your sub run out. I ONLY check this thread now. Its enough to keep me happy but only takes about 15 mins a day.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Well bugger me. I got 52% in that test. This is a "low 2:2" and as such I need to have a meeting with my DoS tomorrow. To let you all know I am seriously considering banning myself from TSR until (probably) September, given that I'll be away for much of the summer anyway. I simply can't afford to let my work slip.

Apart from anything this is it for me, I know that people do drop out and reapply somewhere else, but I just couldn't face that all over again, another gap year and so on. If I muck this up I have no idea what I will do, seriously. I am very very low at the moment. It's very very frustrating.

Thank god it happened on a Thursday. Ceilidh band has never failed to cheer me up so far.

The other thing is this essay. I've had a miserable afternoon of it trying to finish it, failed miserably. I have no realised that it although it is due in by 1pm tomorrow, I have lectures and labs from 0900 to 1300 anyway So yeah, it'll be a long night and an early morning. Very early. If I was feeling less depressed then I'd skip ceilidh band, but that I cannot face.
    :hugs: I really sympathise. I have also been feeling a bit low since coming back. I thought things were improving at the end of last term but now I wonder if I was just happy as the term was almost over. I would get a TSR ban but know I'll just find other ways to procrastinate.

ReputationRep:
    ukebert - is 52% really that bad, especially for a mock? You'll have a decent idea of how much revision you did and if you know for a fact that you could have worked harder then try not to worry too much. I was struggling like crazy during michaelmas and lent of my first year, and then things just started to "click" after easter. In Lent I literally didn't have a clue for 2 of my papers. I went into the exams feeling completely unprepared but still came out with a decent 2.1. Things often aren't as bad as you think they are. You've still got 2 terms - plus the whole of the easter vacation - to get things nailed down.

(Original post by alex_hk90)
    I would get a TSR ban but know I'll just find other ways to procrastinate.
    Me too. I can't help but find ways to avoid doing work.

ReputationRep:
    I am officially a single parent now

ReputationRep:

I'm sorry to hear that people aren't enjoying and/or struggling with their courses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Well done mate, I reckon you beat me at least, I only attempted 2/3rds of the mock myself so its a potential failure. I havent found out my results yet, but I know it is worse than yours. How did others do in your college?

I learnt the concepts but the exams seem like another thing altogether !
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Right does anyone on here know how this stupid camtools thing works? They've moved all of the philosophy stuff onto it and I can't find a damn thing. I want past papers.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Found it, but I much prefer it the old way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by All the first years)
    This is making for a depressing read at the moment. Don't worry if you're finding your course difficult at the moment. I really struggled in the early part of the year and did fine in the end, Cambridge is just a steep learning curve, that's all. To be honest I think it's a bad idea for colleges to subject students to exams when they get back after Christmas- no one wants to revise over Christmas and it prevents you working on particular areas you've been stuck on. Whatever comes of these exams, ignore it, you'll do far, far better in the summer. As with A levels, much of it lies in getting your technique right - they're a different style of exam from what you've done before, and the examiners are after different things. When the summer rolls round, just plough through every past paper on offer and you'll do fine.

In other news, I'm currently learning about neuroscience and psychology for my Economics dissertation. Didn't see that coming.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.