Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilepea)
    Engineering. I think it would suit my way of thinking a lot better, I seem to lack the imaginative streak that it seems the pure needs. I just don't want to leave. :cry:

I don't think I rushed my decision, I just don't think I considered everything properly, I was blinkered.
    Heh. I currently don't know what pure maths needs, my supervisor is appalling. Today he handed some work back to me, and three proofs in there were taken word for word from his example class notes. He didn't understand the proofs :rolleyes: Which I can understand, because they were blatantly a load of crap which made no sense, but as he was giving them to us he seemed to think they were somehow good.

But anyway. You'll love engineering if you decide to go for it :yep:

EDIT: In other news, why oh why is there a bop on tonight! Grr, hate Friday evenings ¬.¬

ReputationRep:
    Well, that is my sleeping cycle well and truly mucked up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Well, that is my sleeping cycle well and truly mucked up
    Good morning?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    Heh. I currently don't know what pure maths needs, my supervisor is appalling. Today he handed some work back to me, and three proofs in there were taken word for word from his example class notes. He didn't understand the proofs :rolleyes: Which I can understand, because they were blatantly a load of crap which made no sense, but as he was giving them to us he seemed to think they were somehow good.

But anyway. You'll love engineering if you decide to go for it :yep:

EDIT: In other news, why oh why is there a bop on tonight! Grr, hate Friday evenings ¬.¬
    Did someone kindly tell him he is poo?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    Good morning?
    Er, I think :o:

I've had 6 hours sleep today 4 last night and 2 this afternoon. Whether I will be able to get to sleep this evening remains to be seen. I couldn't have done anything differently though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gesar)
    What's wrong with a bop?

ReputationRep:
    Bops are ****. I assume Gesar dreads it because he'll be forced to attend out of peer pressure and a feeling of duty. Alternatively, because he lives next door to the bop. I don't know which

ReputationRep:
    I never go to bops. They just don't appeal at all.

I be poorly. Sympathies please

ReputationRep:
    I cba with bops. And I really don't want to spend stupid amounts of money on a May Ball, so I'm not

EDIT: Sympathies for Helen :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    :ditto: re bop-hate! What a waste of time... I could be, like, having fun or something

Empathies Helen - I feel crap. And I have to go out now. Looks like tomorrow is the start of work :rolleyes: However now that I have a Project supervisor I'm quite excited. I can write up a description of my project plan and call it 'work' :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    :ditto: re bop-hate! What a waste of time... I could be, like, having fun or something

Empathies Helen - I feel crap. And I have to go out now. Looks like tomorrow is the start of work :rolleyes: However now that I have a Project supervisor I'm quite excited. I can write up a description of my project plan and call it 'work' :woo:
    Having a fun project is the best procrastination tool ever. I spent 6 months working on my electronics project very happily without actually doing ANYTHING :p:

ReputationRep:
    To sainsburys!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I like bops most of the time (we only have two a term so they are a big event) and I love Queens Ents. I wanted to go tonight. There's a silent disco later on in the term and I've always wanted to go to one, so will probably go then

Black tie dinner in an hour, get to wear a gorgeous Karen Millen dress :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamaaa)
    I never go to bops. They just don't appeal at all.

I be poorly. Sympathies please
    hugs

I had a ****** morning, cried and cried for no reason and even almost blubbed at the gym.

then I took myself out for some fresh air and walkies and felt happy

the I cam home and got blubbery again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadedJade)
    I like bops most of the time (we only have two a term so they are a big event) and I love Queens Ents. I wanted to go tonight. There's a silent disco later on in the term and I've always wanted to go to one, so will probably go then
    the thing I love the most about bops is when people actually realise what my costume is supposed to be, and its relevance to the theme without me telling them
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Sympathies and hugs for Llama and minimo :hugs:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    the thing I love the most about bops is when people actually realise what my costume is supposed to be, and its relevance to the theme without me telling them
    I like this too but I don't think its ever happened.

ReputationRep:
    Sympathies and hugs for Llama and minimo :hugs:
    Ohhh, KM have 20% off all their sale stock btw. I got a ruffley bustier for 15 quid.

ReputationRep:
    I've never done fancy dress in my life I think, feeling like I'm missing out :p:

ReputationRep:
    I like this too but I don't think its ever happened.
    :hugs:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.