Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, first Friday night of term, how shall I celebrate? Go out with my friends perhaps, or even stay in and chill out with a movie? No, wait, I know what sounds like fun - going to the library and writing an essay about 19th Century Germany history all night!!1! :getmecoat:

The moral of the story is... do your holiday essays peeps, you'll regret it otherwise :/

ReputationRep:
    Friday Night - contemplate doing work, watch Laurel and Hardy instead with the excuse that if you get to bed early then you will wake up early and do lots of work at the weekend.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to formal and drinking to forget my 100 Years of Solitude essay. Woop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Friday Night - contemplate doing work, watch Laurel and Hardy instead with the excuse that if you get to bed early then you will wake up early and do lots of work at the weekend.
    Haha, I always use that. Think to myself "oh, I'll have an early night since then I'll get up bright and early and get all my work done by lunch". Yeah, it never happens.

I had a really, really, really, really, really, really bad day. I'm verging on leaving

ReputationRep:
    How has it been that bad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jcb914)
    Haha, I always use that. Think to myself "oh, I'll have an early night since then I'll get up bright and early and get all my work done by lunch". Yeah, it never happens.

I had a really, really, really, really, really, really bad day. I'm verging on leaving
    :console: One bad day does not make a whole bad university experience. Or even lots of bad days. Otherwise I would have left now too. :rolleyes: But a majority of bad days do. Is it always this bad, jcb? Feel free to PM me if you want to vent. Sometimes it's easier to talk to people you don't know.

ReputationRep:
    I've decided to work tonight. I really just haven't done enough in recent days and I feel guilty for missing 2 out of 2 lectures so far this term so this is a form of punishment.

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: for jcb, I have done nothng today
    oh well time to get cracking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jcb914)

What's happened? Sorry to hear that you're having trouble :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: for everyone it seems!

We're watching Sky Cops :o: followed by QI

ReputationRep:
    QI

It won't be on iplayer yet, will it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    QI

It won't be on iplayer yet, will it?
    Only once its actually been broadcast, I think.

ReputationRep:
    That is silly. Ah well, I shall watch it over the weekend.

ReputationRep:
    You can stream it

ReputationRep:
    Whats happening in Sports World? Are they closing???

* is fed up with law * why did i not go for compsci instead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegluups)
    Whats happening in Sports World? Are they closing???

* is fed up with law * why did i not go for compsci instead?
    You'd probably be fed up with compsci equally. I think EVERYONE is fed up with their triposes at the moment :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    ^ I'm only fed up due to my own fault of putting off my essay 'til the last minute... & the fact that it's on history, which isn't exactly my strong point :/ That's the thing with languages though - as long as it's connected to the language/culture, anything goes.

Back to Bismarck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    ^ I'm only fed up due to my own fault of putting off my essay 'til the last minute... & the fact that it's on history, which isn't exactly my strong point :/ That's the thing with languages though - as long as it's connected to the language/culture, anything goes.

Back to Bismarck.
    I'm reading about Bismark too (in a different context I'm sure, I'm doing an essay on welfare states. Apprently he was quite a fan of them)

ReputationRep:
    http://james.nerdiphythesoul.com/ben...id=hhxyE-d4ZhY

snigger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The West Wing)
    I'm reading about Bismark too (in a different context I'm sure, I'm doing an essay on welfare states. Apprently he was quite a fan of them)
    I iz doing nationalism + the unification of germany :teeth: Not just history, but political history, oh joys.
    (Original post by FadeToBlackout)
    http://james.nerdiphythesoul.com/ben...id=hhxyE-d4ZhY

snigger.
    When I first saw that you had posted, I thought 'Ooh, yay, a history graduate will have some words of wisdom for us poor floundering 1st yrs.' Alas, 'twas not to be :p:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.