Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Somebody post damnit, I don't want to do work :cry:

ReputationRep:
    does this help?

ReputationRep:
    Since we can't book formal for Wednesday (they aren't even offering tickets that day for some reason), how about we just have a picnic in CPFs room where we bring things like bread, cheese, hummous, crisps etc? OR we could get takeaway.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand my supervision topic, if it helps, and I've been set 5 essays on it

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea! I'm quite confused now, especially since I think I'm in the bottom class (which I was a little surprised about since I thought my grammar etc was pretty good and I thought the test went well, but anyway). I've just been trying to write about the points mentioned in the question and including subjunctives and things. I really don't know how to make it different form A level though
    Oh, did you actually get told which class you were in? We didn't! I think the problem is that my grammar isn't particularly good and I keep mixing registers and getting marked down because of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The West Wing)
    Since we can't book formal for Wednesday (they aren't even offering tickets that day for some reason), how about we just have a picnic in Daniel's room where we bring things like bread, cheese, hummous, crisps etc? OR we could get takeaway.
    I'm in I love room 'parties'

I'd prefer picnicy things to takeaway though, but it doesn't really matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    does this help?
    Yes :p:

Actually I should get back to work. I won't have much time tomorrow and still have an inordinate amount of work to polish off.

Since we can't book formal for Wednesday (they aren't even offering tickets that day for some reason), how about we just have a picnic in Daniel's room where we bring things like bread, cheese, hummous, crisps etc? OR we could get takeaway.
    I like that idea. By the time it gets to wednesday I will need something like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauuuura)
    Woah...mml is nothing like that , well my options arent - doing linguistics for both has meant only one essay so far, and one more due in on tuesday. Although, I'm a little worried since people are saying they were told by the colleges and DoS not to do two linguistics papers, and were even advised against doing one
    So are you doing Li1 or Li2? If so, I may have been in lectures with you. (doing Li1, went to a few Li2 lectures)

With regards to structuralism - all I really know is de Saussure, which is mostly quite linguisticy (unsurprisingly), but led to the development of semiotics and structuralism.

ReputationRep:
    Zomg, yes :teeth: Wagamama does take out!

@ Ukebert: me too... so, what's new?

ReputationRep:
    Oh god oh god oh god.

I was doing the structures work that I should have done 2 weeks ago and my structures supervisor walks behind me. Cue me unobtrosively yet extremelly quickly shifting my electronics stuff on top :p: He didn't seem to see me thank goodness.

I am sitting next to EYS atm.

And my sister has an interview at Jesus

ReputationRep:
    *shakes head* I'm not actually behind on any work, but I do have the habit of leaving my fortnightly essays 'til the weekend they're due... Plus, I feel like I don't do enough 'personal study', & am thus coasting (well, that implies I'm doing well, but yeah). Yesterday, for example, one of my friends left a birthday pizza party early to go do more reading :eek: Please don't tell me I'm supposed to be that keen...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    *shakes head* I'm not actually behind on any work, but I do have the habit of leaving my fortnightly essays 'til the weekend they're due... Plus, I feel like I don't do enough 'personal study', & am thus coasting (well, that implies I'm doing well, but yeah). Yesterday, for example, one of my friends left a birthday pizza party early to go do more reading :eek: Please don't tell me I'm supposed to be that keen...
    Don't worry - term time is mad but you have long vacations when you'll hopefully get plenty of 'personal study' done. . If you get some work done during the vacations it makes a big difference.

There are always some people working when you're not - it's the nature of Cambridge. You just have to be clear with yourself about when you're having time off and ignore them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    Zomg, yes :teeth: Wagamama does take out!

im totally up for takeout if it's wagamammas! I just don't want like a greasy curry or something :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fumblewomble)
    Don't worry - term time is mad but you have long vacations when you'll hopefully get plenty of 'personal study' done. . If you get some work done during the vacations it makes a big difference.

There are always some people working when you're not - it's the nature of Cambridge. You just have to be clear with yourself about when you're having time off and ignore them!
    Yep, vacs are personal study time for me. I make sure that all my notes and reading list photocopying etc is done before I leave for the hols and just work steadily through xmas and easter. it's far easier to work like that without the prospect of supervision deadlines looming. Plus, home for me is distraction free and very quiet and I'm by myself most of the day so it's a good environment in which to get things done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fumblewomble)

Thanks for the reassurance Holiday cramming it is then!

(Original post by minimo)
    im totally up for takeout if it's wagamammas! I just don't want like a greasy curry or something :p:
    :five: I want noodles :coma:

We do know for sure that CPF is cool with this new arrangement, right? I could try and get something sorted for Newnham Formal Hall (also Wednesday) if not... but I'd have to know, like today or tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)

Nothing Same old, regrettably.

ReputationRep:
    I am installing Mathematica on my laptop, just to waste some more time NOT doing the example sheet. Good times :yep: .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Nothing Same old, regrettably.
    Sad times How's the morris dancing thing going? (that was you right?)

My news: I proposed to my college wife today :yep: With chocolate cake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    Sad times How's the morris dancing thing going? (that was you right?)

My news: I proposed to my college wife today :yep: With chocolate cake.
    that was me :p: Well it hasn't been a week since I started, so the same as when I first posted :p: I have a practice on Tuesday :yes:

And congratualations on your engagement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    I am installing Mathematica on my laptop, just to waste some more time NOT doing the example sheet. Good times :yep: .
    You can make up for that lost time by using Mathematica to do (parts of) your examples sheet.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.