Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    In fact you are the only Johnian because one only becomes a 'member' of one's college after graduation :p:
    No you don't You're a member upon matriculation, I'm sure.

And gluups, you're not gonna see me in Cripps :p: I've left John's now, unfortunately

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegluups)
    I still suggest not eating or living off gardies/mc donalds... who said it was the dress that should fit you, and not the other way round...
    Only consumers everywhere :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The West Wing)
    Yup. Can I print a BOGOF voucher in your name?
    Yes, sounds good. Do the others know that Sunday is the day? I'm feeling fairly relaxed now about this essay (although I might regret saying that later!). I've done probably about 9-10 hours of reading today and it's reached that point when I can feel things coming together in my head. In which case I can sleep well. Nighty night, everyone! :sleep:

ReputationRep:
    In fact you are the only Johnian because one only becomes a 'member' of one's college after graduation :p:
    :dots:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom)
    That's not what they told me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chess Piece Face)
    Yes, sounds good. Do the others know that Sunday is the day? I'm feeling fairly relaxed now about this essay (although I might regret saying that later!). I've done probably about 9-10 hours of reading today and it's reached that point when I can feel things coming together in my head. In which case I can sleep well. Nighty night, everyone! :sleep:
    I've only told one of them, but I'm sending a text round. Goodnight!

ReputationRep:
    You're a member of the college (and university) as soon as you matriculate.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm. Must be misremembering Twas awhile back

ReputationRep:
    Probably been pushed out of your head by all that SPS nonsense you insist on reading

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom)

And gluups, you're not gonna see me in Cripps :p: I've left John's now, unfortunately
    :eek:

* goes back to the warmth and comfort of the library... after a pointless search :rolleyes: *

what subjet did you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apagg)
    Probably been pushed out of your head by all that SPS nonsense you insist on reading
    :getmecoat:

Although our lecturer sent us some Ha-Joon Chang to read for the Tuesday lecture!!! :eek: :eek: :dancing:

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me whether its worth it to spend extra money on a May Ball ticket for dining?
    What do you get at a May Ball without the dining? Is there enough food and stuff?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me whether its worth it to spend extra money on a May Ball ticket for dining?
    What do you get at a May Ball without the dining? Is there enough food and stuff?
    No, don't do it. There's usually loads of food at a May Ball. Jesus May Ball, for example had:

hog roast
    burger, hot dog tent
    steak sandwiches
    bacon butties
    chocolate fountain
    doughnut stand
    innumerable alcoholic stands
    cake stall
    sandwich stall
    cheese and wine
    sushi

and some other stuff I've probably forgotten. Meal beforehand isn't really worth it

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. I would not want to eat hot dogs and burgers all night, that's for sure. But sushi and sandwhiches are good enough

ReputationRep:
    Oh, there was probably some veggie stuff too, but I don't generally eat that so didn't pay much attention :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apagg)
    Oh, there was probably some veggie stuff too, but I don't generally eat that so didn't pay much attention :p:
    :cool:

Peterhouse tickets are £130 and £175 :>.<: An unpleasant shock

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, Queens' is £135, and £175 for dining Though apparently it's amazing. I just hope Natinowide send the money through within the 5 day window I was granted ¬.¬

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody want a John's ticket (we have to buy them in pairs...)

do you know when we actually have to pay for the tickets?

ReputationRep:
    omg, everybody who actually exists ever has a tsr account

ReputationRep:
    :eyeball:

Yeh that pair thing is really annoying.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.