Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    :eyeball:

Yeh that pair thing is really annoying.
    :ditto:

i wonder why they do it...

EDIT : may i ask why... and this was also the case before i abandoned tsr , the majority of our conversations seem to take place after 1:00 ? :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    Its a good time :cool:

ReputationRep:
    All the cool kids go on TSR at 2.20am.

ReputationRep:
    Stupid maths lectures. Why not give out a booklet of notes at the start of the lecture course, giving us the choice whether to turn up or not, instead of giving the lecture's notes out at the lecture itself, forcing us to come to collect them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    Stupid maths lectures. Why not give out a booklet of notes at the start of the lecture course, giving us the choice whether to turn up or not, instead of giving the lecture's notes out at the lecture itself, forcing us to come to collect them?
    haha... maybe because lecturers don't want to turn up and only see 4 people at the lecture? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegluups)
    haha... maybe because lecturers don't want to turn up and only see 4 people at the lecture? :ninja:
    Well, when there aren't actually enough seats if everyone turns up, it would probably help. Plus there'll always be enough geeks around to keep him company whatever happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    Well, when there aren't actually enough seats if everyone turns up, it would probably help. Plus there'll always be enough geeks around to keep him company whatever happens.
    there's nothing quite like spending a lecture sitting on the floor trying to write something ;.. ive had to do it a couple of time... fun times.. fun times

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadedJade)
    It's only KM, I'm an 8 everywhere else but a 10 in KM. That's two dresses I'vewanted from there but not been able to get hold of :mad:
    me too on the sizes, it always depresses me.

They have the dress I want on the mannequin in the shop window (grey strapless and floral), I was too embarassed to ask about it though :p:

ReputationRep:
    ... Are May Ball tickets on sale already then? Hmm. I wonder if I should try to get one... especially at those prices. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to the Downing May Ball (and the Churchill spring ball), but I'm not sure if I'd want to (or afford to!) go to anywhere else. I might try and get a Jesus ticket if enough people that I know will be going. I have a feeling all May Balls will be similar though - music, food, entertainment etc - and going to more than one wouldn't really be the best use of money. I might go to an event instead.

Thanks for the rep btw Craggy - 'twas the biggest I've ever received in one go and for the nice message

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Trinity and Tit Hall June Event this year, afaik. Huge waste of money tbh buttttt I'm a finalist and all so might as well :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The West Wing)
    I'm being kicked out of the library :hmpf:
    Good. :p:

We are still working on getting a 24hr study room somewhere that isn't a computer room. It may even appear by the time you graduate! :eek:

I believe you can ask to use the Lipstein room. Just speak to the porters about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhen Lin)
    ... Are May Ball tickets on sale already then? Hmm. I wonder if I should try to get one... especially at those prices. :eek:
    It seems that Emma's behind everyone else in terms of May Balling. I know we have a committee, but I'm sure we would've heard if tickets were on sale already.

Oh god, that formal last night was not a good idea. More specifically, that bottle of wine at formal last night was not a good idea. Even more specifically, that bottle of wine at a formal where I didn't like and therefore didn't eat any of the food was not a good idea No more alcohol for me for a while, I've caused myself enough embarrassment to last a whole term I feel...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegluups)
    Does anybody want a John's ticket (we have to buy them in pairs...)

do you know when we actually have to pay for the tickets?
    I want a John's ticket :p: :flutter: :love:

So are May Ball tickets only being sold to members of the college that is holding it, atm? Or are they on public sale too?

ReputationRep:
    I wanna go to a ball
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Oi, you're a first year - 3rd years should get priority :hmmm:

I always really struggle to get Ball tickets for some reason, even though I always apply really early. Last year I only got in to Pembroke's on the waiting list!

Minimo, I'll come in with you if you want, the dress i want is the gold one they have in the window atm but in black.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chess Piece Face)
    I might pop in as there are so many people I haven't talked to since I came back. If I do it'll only be for a bit though. Costume-wise, I'll probably just find something vaguely bright. I know one person who's just wearing an orange T-shirt.

12 noon at Mem plodge... is this for that place where we have vouchers for? :p:
    I hope that they will wear more than just that

I slept between 1530 and 1730 yesterday, felt shattered for the rest of the day, went to bed at 2230, didn't get to sleep till 0100 :dry: It's been years since that happened. At one point it was every night, until I learned to go on the internet / read until I could no longer :cool:

How I managed to sleep till 11 though I have no idea.

Right, this weekend I need to do the work for my supervision on Monday, go to Millers to get stuff for this ceilidh, go to sainsburys to get some more chocolate and things, find my book tokens, spend book tokens on travel books, read travel books, decide on interrailing route this summer (see my sig), start writing thing for Gladstone whatsit, buy thick socks for sailing, unpack, wash up, sort out timetable for the next week.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I went interrailing and learned lots about where is connectable by train (and how the timetable lies in places for certain countries) so if you want any help let me know!

ReputationRep:
    Heh, I've been before but only to Scandinavia, my plan this time is to do either eastern europe following the line of the Orient Express or to go up the east side of the Baltic Sea ending up in Stockholm again. Haven't quite decided yet. Where did you go?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Sweden, Poland, Czech republic Austria, Hungary (by accident) Serbia, Bulgaria, Slovenia, Italy and Germany.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.