The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5520
anyone going into town to listen/see it? Or will I be able to hear the bells well from the comfort of my room?
Depends on where your room is :p:

In other news, Craggy, I've got round to filling your pidge now :o:
Llamaaa
they always have to muscle in on our celebrations, don't they? :rolleyes: :p:

they're just copycats that are jealous of the original thing :ninja:
I think I'm going to go and watch the light show - does anyone know how long it is? I'm not sure if I want to stand in the cold for more than an hour...
Reply 5524
Thicky
Ah! :frown:

Can you not pretend? :p: :rolleyes:

Some miserable person has stupidly decided that the above is objectionable and negged me for it - so Thegluups I hope you didn't take it in a negative light, even though the smilies and tone should have prevented that :o: :rolleyes:

And to the anonymous repper - you're dumb :p:
ukebert
Is anyone going to the bells and light show at the senate house this evening? I'm thinking of popping down to see what the fuss is about.

It seems like half of Pembroke is planning to go, so maybe. :yep:

And I've had a good couple of days work-wise, finishing a Politics essay earlier today. :smile:
Yeah, I'd be doing work otherwise and in the state I'm in (tired and miserable) I can't face it. So it's off to the Senate House in a little bit :smile:
Reply 5527
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00gs45v/Snow_Cake/

I really reccommend this, I'm watching it atm and it's the best film I've seen in ages.
Reply 5528
I think I'll just listen to the bells from home, cba to go out in the cold and I bet it will be crowded
It was crowded :p:

The light show was quite fun though, especially the rather charming Quentin Blake pictures of Darwin, Newton et al. From the Peterhouse Engineers perspective the appropriate people were highlighted, i.e. Babbage and Whittle. The light show itself only lasts 10 minutes or so and is repeated over the next few nights, so do try to do along. I watched it 3 times each from different locations and got good views of both sides of the Senate House. On the second run through I was stood next to some female who said to her friend "Oh, there's some college crests. Look, there's Johns, it has the lilies and the lions". Which, of course, was incorrect in every detail. :p:

All the colleges had their flags up today :smile: Except Kings for some reason. Pembroke was flying the Union for some bizarre reason and Trinity the pre 1603 Royal Standard, presumably because it was founded by Royalty. The Peterhouse flag was looking particularly fine, I think they flew a brand new one for the occasion.
Reply 5530
It was ridiculously crowded. Fun though.
Thicky
Some miserable person has stupidly decided that the above is objectionable and negged me for it - so Thegluups I hope you didn't take it in a negative light, even though the smilies and tone should have prevented that :o: :rolleyes:

And to the anonymous repper - you're dumb :p:

haha now i remember you post :p: in fairness .. it was very late at night :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 5532
OMG i'm sitting here watching 24 when I have essays to write

asjkasjfdafdjkf hajdfghwefuiw bew fyshdfasdbnasjnc aklndvdvkld vnsdk vnsdknfas fadlkvncasdf ndef
ukebert
It was crowded :p:

The light show was quite fun though, especially the rather charming Quentin Blake pictures of Darwin, Newton et al. From the Peterhouse Engineers perspective the appropriate people were highlighted, i.e. Babbage and Whittle. The light show itself only lasts 10 minutes or so and is repeated over the next few nights, so do try to do along. I watched it 3 times each from different locations and got good views of both sides of the Senate House. On the second run through I was stood next to some female who said to her friend "Oh, there's some college crests. Look, there's Johns, it has the lilies and the lions". Which, of course, was incorrect in every detail. :p:

All the colleges had their flags up today :smile: Except Kings for some reason. Pembroke was flying the Union for some bizarre reason and Trinity the pre 1603 Royal Standard, presumably because it was founded by Royalty. The Peterhouse flag was looking particularly fine, I think they flew a brand new one for the occasion.

ok so now i understand why my college had a flag up today!!!
i was so confused
Reply 5534
minimo
OMG i'm sitting here watching 24 when I have essays to write

Essays, plural? Eeek.

I'm half-way through the only one I've still not done, & after drinking ~0.5l of Irn-Bru, I shall not be sleeping any time soon... :teeth:

(although I am slightly regretting ordering 15 bottles of the stuff now, even if it will last me all term...)
lavalse
ok so now i understand why my college had a flag up today!!!
i was so confused

Where have you been :hmmm:

Yeah, I like flags :o:

It is week one and I am already seriously behind. Tomorrow: 9-midnight :frown:
Reply 5536
K.T.
Essays, plural? Eeek.

I'm half-way through the only one I've still not done, & after drinking ~0.5l of Irn-Bru, I shall not be sleeping any time soon... :teeth:

(although I am slightly regretting ordering 15 bottles of the stuff now, even if it will last me all term...)

It's only REALLY bad when I do a 24 marathon, ie 24 episodes, 1 day :p:
Reply 5537
D: Wouldn't you start thinking that you ARE Jack Bowers or something if you did that?

Madness. Utter dedication, but madness :p:
Reply 5538
I'll shut up before I satart sounding like one of those mad fans!

This season has started off super good. Y'all need to get hooked.

That and I have like the world's biggest crush of kiefer sutherland.
minimo
It's only REALLY bad when I do a 24 marathon, ie 24 episodes, 1 day :p:

Haha... Hmv isdoing an offer on 26...all the 6 seasons for 100 pounds.. not bad... and all The West Wing for 50 quid...

Latest