Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I found what I saw of it fairly rubbish (we had the bad idea of going past for a look), and we also managed to lose two people in the crowds for half an hour or so.

ReputationRep:
    In other news, the number of complaints around about how 'unfair' offers are is quite annoying. It seems a bit rich for people to think they deserve or have a right to an offer they like when any offer is extremely lucky! Colleges don't enter into some sort of contractual agreement to give easy offers just to be nice... :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    In other news, the number of complaints around about how 'unfair' offers are is quite annoying. It seems a bit rich for people to think they deserve or have a right to an offer they like when any offer is extremely lucky! Colleges don't enter into some sort of contractual agreement to give easy offers just to be nice... :shifty:
    On TSR or just word of mouth?

ReputationRep:
    Mmm I tend to agree. Especially the people who are complaining that they're going to have to work hard. They should be working hard anyway! I can understand people being nervous about missing grades and not getting in though - when they've come so far it would be gutting to fall at the last hurdle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fumblewomble)
    Mmm I tend to agree. Especially the people who are complaining that they're going to have to work hard. They should be working hard anyway! I can understand people being nervous about missing grades and not getting in though - when they've come so far it would be gutting to fall at the last hurdle.
    Precisely. Feeling nervous is totally understandable and I strongly sympathise. (although I had an unconditional, so am hardly one to comment :o:) However if people are going to apply to come here they should expect to have to work hard to get in. I don't think those who got rejected feel particularly harmonius towards those complaining about 'unfair' offers!
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    TSR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    With reference to this thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=782636

ReputationRep:
    With reference to this thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=782636
    And also in the 'how do you feel' section of posts in the sticky listing peoples' application results

ReputationRep:
    I don't think those who got rejected feel particularly harmonius towards those complaining about 'unfair' offers!

TSR
    I don't blame them!

ReputationRep:
    I don't blame them!
    What are you doing up at 4? I'm still vacillating in my thoughts as to whether you're a student or something else :poke:

I ought to either finish the bit I'm working on or go to bed :shifty:

*prods document* :stupido: < new favourite smiley

ReputationRep:
    What are you doing up at 4?
    Ha ha yes, I was just asking myself the same thing. I'm not up to anything special but for some reason I'm not remotely tired.

I'm still vacillating in my thoughts as to whether you're a student or something else :poke:
    I'm afraid that I'm very touchy about talking about myself so you'll have to continue vacillating! I promise I'm nothing scary though. :badger:

PS that's quite a cool smiley and sums things up pretty well!

ReputationRep:
    Ha ha yes, I was just asking myself the same thing. I'm not up to anything special but for some reason I'm not remotely tired.
    I'm not remotely tired because I've stayed up till 4ish the last few nights in a row and screwed up my sleep cycle yet again :hmpf: How do I do this!? Its like my body's just anticipating those all nighters and bracing itself :dry:

Right now I'm just trying to remember why participant observation is so much more suitable a method than surveying or interviewing :yawn:

I'm afraid that I'm very touchy about talking about myself so you'll have to continue vacillating!
    I'll wait :teeth: [...and stop prodding you :sigh: *mutters*]
    I promise I'm nothing scary though. :badger:
    I think we'd figured that one out by now :rolleyes:
    It definitely makes you female though!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not remotely tired because I've stayed up till 4ish the last few nights in a row and screwed up my sleep cycle yet again :hmpf: How do I do this!? Its like my body's just anticipating those all nighters and bracing itself :dry:
    Your body just knows it's the beginning of term.

Right now I'm just trying to remember why participant observation is so much more suitable a method than surveying or interviewing :yawn:
    I dunno,:hmmmm: but it's got to be more fun than standing back with a clipboard.

I'll wait :teeth: [...and stop prodding you :sigh: *mutters*]
    Thank you! Maybe one day I'll come to a meet.:eek: Hm. Dunno.

It definitely makes you female though!
    If you say so...:laughing:

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! Maybe one day I'll come to a meet.:eek: Hm. Dunno.
    We're nothing scary either.
    Except minimo under the influence... :ninja:

If you say so...:laughing:
    I'm going on trends. So far the vast majority of people I've met who have been shy about their identity on TSR have been female :yep:

Of course there's Cantab...but that was only after he had a nasty shock.

I'm not sure I'd particularly mind if a supervisor or somesuch found me out... I mean what's the worst they can think? Wierdo? Ouch :rolleyes:

:goodnight:

ReputationRep:
    I think fumblewomble is at my college, or he/she just enjoys talking about Caius and so lurks inthe Caius thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    I wasn't overly impressed with the light and sound show, the 'light' was essentially a Powerpoint on Senate House and the 'sound' was a set of bells.
    "set of bells"? :wtf?:

I quite agree, ridiculous. I was a special case though :p:

*sigh* On deciding to have an early night I picked up the Pratchett and didn't stop until I finished it. This means that I am still absolutely shattered.

ReputationRep:
    the whole projection thing is being shown again tonight, we might go over and have a look. Tried to see it last night but there were too many people.

ReputationRep:
    massive oversleep fail

amd yeah, come on if you cant deal with the pressure of a hard offer from cam, how will you survive the actual uni?!

ReputationRep:
    I have just read the "Cap on Private School students at Oxbridge" thread and cannot even be bothered to reply.... :banghead:

ReputationRep:
    We're nothing scary either.
    Except minimo under the influence... :ninja:

I'm going on trends. So far the vast majority of people I've met who have been shy about their identity on TSR have been female :yep:

Of course there's Cantab...but that was only after he had a nasty shock.

I'm not sure I'd particularly mind if a supervisor or somesuch found me out... I mean what's the worst they can think? Wierdo? Ouch :rolleyes:

:goodnight:
    how dare you :p:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Bop last night was muchos fun - and the first one I wasn't working at the bar.

Did whoever was looking for one manage to get hold of a bendy tapemeasure? If so can I borrow it? I'm trying to take my measurements with a ruler and it doesn't really work.

I did have one but my fiance's sister nicked it :hmpf:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.