The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5580
Y__
I have just read the "Cap on Private School students at Oxbridge" thread and cannot even be bothered to reply.... :banghead:

Oh dear. I'm not going to bother wasting my time replying either. That's simply the most ridiculous thread for a long time.
Reply 5581
deffo a girl, i mean how many guys would call themselves 'fumblewomble'? :p:
Reply 5582
god i need a bendy tapemeasure too, not that i wanna know my measurements heh.
Reply 5583
FadedJade
Bop last night was muchos fun - and the first one I wasn't working at the bar.

Did whoever was looking for one manage to get hold of a bendy tapemeasure? If so can I borrow it? I'm trying to take my measurements with a ruler and it doesn't really work.

I did have one but my fiance's sister nicked it :hmpf:

Use a piece of string and measure that with the ruler?
Good plan. Although I don't have string so my phone charger cable it is!

Although I dont really have a choice about doing it, I'm not sure I want to because I've put on like a stone :s:
Anyone know when doing bust if its on under the boobs or round the fullest part? I cant remember.

Edit: As I now can't find my ruler either I'm not exactly onto a winner here.
Reply 5586
it's over bust to find your bust measurement

Where do you measure your waist? is it the narrowest bit?
Reply 5587
I would assume it's across the umbilicus, and the hips across the bony prominences of your 'hip bone'.
Reply 5588
FadedJade
Good plan. Although I don't have string so my phone charger cable it is!

Although I dont really have a choice about doing it, I'm not sure I want to because I've put on like a stone :s:

why don't you have a choice? I never measure myself, just go by clothes sizes.
Reply 5589
visesh
I would assume it's across the umbilicus.

thanks
I'm doing a photoshoot and can't use my usual figures as I've put on weight.
Reply 5591
FadedJade
I'm doing a photoshoot and can't use my usual figures as I've put on weight.

ooooo good luck! :biggrin: you must camwhore said photos, I remember your last lot being ace
Reply 5592
Right ... now to ring my parents, I don't think it was best of ideas to have ignored all of the their messages all week :s-smilie:
ukebert
"set of bells"? :wtf?:

Is that not what they are called? I think a few bells were ringing and since they went together I thought 'set' would be the word for them.
Reply 5594
Also ukebert what exactly is a change with regard to bell ringing? I know they were ringing 800 changes but that makes me none the wiser :o:
alex_hk90
Is that not what they are called? I think a few bells were ringing and since they went together I thought 'set' would be the word for them.

I would prefer it if you phrased it as follows:

"The peal of 12 at GSM were ringing 800 changes of Cambridge Surprise Maximus"

I've been ringing for some years now and I couldn't ring what they were ringing last night :p:
smilepea
Also ukebert what exactly is a change with regard to bell ringing? I know they were ringing 800 changes but that makes me none the wiser :o:

Bells ring "in peal", i.e. one after the other. When one cycle is different from the one before it is known as a change.

If you imagine that each number corresponds with a bell, 1 being the highest and 6 being the lowest and the order of the row the order that bells sound in, then below is what they were ringing at GSM but with half the amount of bells.

EDIT: And obviously they were ringing 800 instead of just a plain course.
Reply 5597
ukebert
Bells ring "in peal", i.e. one after the other. When one cycle is different from the one before it is known as a change.

If you imagine that each number corresponds with a bell, 1 being the highest and 6 being the lowest and the order of the row the order that bells sound in, then below is what they were ringing at GSM but with half the amount of bells.

EDIT: And obviously they were ringing 800 instead of just a plain course.

ok cool times I now understand :smile:

also I should have rung my parents days ago they're coming to see me :smile: I'm just not going to rugby ... I can't face it :s-smilie:

I think fumblewomble is at my college, or he/she just enjoys talking about Caius and so lurks inthe Caius thread

I was thinking that too..............I wonder who it is (but if he/she doesn't want to say, that's cool.......we're not stalkers).

also I should have rung my parents days ago they're coming to see me

Yay, you rang them :smile: Sorry about my drunkeness last night btw.......and some one has pinned that fake money to my door :s-smilie:
Reply 5599
Llamaaa
I think fumblewomble is at my college, or he/she just enjoys talking about Caius and so lurks inthe Caius thread :biggrin:

Perhaps its Chewwy's dupe :ninja: Struggling to get in touch with its feminine side :biggrin:
jcb914
Oh dear. I'm not going to bother wasting my time replying either. That's simply the most ridiculous thread for a long time.

Except the one asking whether the recession improves internationals' chances :shifty:

Latest