Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    Someone just sent me the sweetest facebook message in the world and it has made me the happiest I have ever been in days.
    what did it saaaay?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I finally got some motivation and started my essay, and i got an fb chat message from a friend with an exam tomorrow asking to explain the difference between ethics and morals. bye 20 minutes of my motivation

ps thats good min

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamaaa)
    what did it saaaay?
    oh it was from a girl who was a few years above me in school and she graduated from Cam a while back. It was coz my fb status said I'd been really miserable a few days ago and she just said really kind things and made me feel better

it's a bit cringe, sorry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)
    But Rosario Castellanos is fantastic! I loved that lecture on Friday I was awake and interested for the whole thing, astonishing. I'm quite enjoying my García Márquez essay, just wish I hadn't left the stupid thing so late. The question is fantastic and I'm interested in writing it, just don't have the willpower to hunt through a 400 page novel for quotes.

Where were you travelling? Was it faculty funded or just for kicks?
    lol zoe you always seem like a much more enthusiastic student that me!!
    i am actually interested in this essay all about the marginalisation of women in Castellanos' poetry, and i do actually like her poetry, AND found the lecture interesting (i only fell asleep in the 2nd half, which is a miracle for me). its just i hate writing essays soooooo much, and i just prefer to read the poetry rather than analyse it. if it were possible i would have done 2 ab initio languages and avoided essay writing!

as helen said i was with my brother visiting family in Australia, then we backpacked around NZ and finished off the trip with a visit to LA! so no, not faculty funded! Im hoping they'll fund me to go to the middle east for 2 months this summer, what about you? any trips planned?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lavalse)
    as helen said i was with my brother visiting family in Australia, then we backpacked around NZ and finished off the trip with a visit to LA! so no, not faculty funded! Im hoping they'll fund me to go to the middle east for 2 months this summer, what about you? any trips planned?
    *cries with jealousy*

:cry:

Where in the middle east?

ReputationRep:
    yeah WHERE? you can put a tent up in my back yard :p:

ReputationRep:
    My grandfather used to wax lyrical about Afghanistan and Iraq, I wish I could go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    My grandfather used to wax lyrical about Afghanistan and Iraq, I wish I could go
    do you reeeeeeeeaaally wanna go now? :p: bit of a rubbish time...

---------

I just got a PM from LH123 with the " :upyours: " as the message...???!!!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    He's probably doing mass PMs, there's been quite a few of those about recently.

ReputationRep:
    ohhhhh I see! I thought I had offended said person in some way.

ReputationRep:
    I just got a PM from LH123 with the " " as the message...???!!!
    So did I......rather odd!

ReputationRep:
    do you reeeeeeeeaaally wanna go now? :p: bit of a rubbish time...
    Yeah, perhaps not :o: Iran'd be OK if you kept to the north though.

ReputationRep:
    I got that PM from LH123 too. Did anyone else get one from Jonah Ramone as well?

ReputationRep:
    I seem to now have a constant '1' by Messages on my upper screen banner. But I don't have a new PM in my inbox. This makes me excited every time I loook at the top of my screen and then disappointed when i realise i dont have said new PM. :/

I just got a random PM too - looks like someone's keen on contacting us all... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I seem to now have a constant '1' by Messages on my upper screen banner. But I don't have a new PM in my inbox. This makes me excited every time I loook at the top of my screen and then disappointed when i realise i dont have said new PM. :/
    It's a fault with TSR. If you go through and reread all of your messages then it should go away. I could never be bothered and it has incremented. I haven't had a new one for months though, still stuck on 5
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Looks like he's targeting Cambridge non-subs.

ReputationRep:
    Backroomers... is there anything going on as I've just been very randomly PM'd by Jonah Ramone with a picture of a cartoon shrimp... to which I returned a picture of a mushroom for the hell of it... but I also got an "up yours" smiley from LH123... to whom I cannot return one as they can't be PMd... hmm!

EDIT - SHOULD REALLY READ OTHERS' POSTS FIRST HA!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone read the CUSU email yet? I definitely should get the anti-racism award for promoting diveristy :p:

Darn my naivity

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a sub anymore, my paypal will not update my details so I shan't be one for the forseeable future. I wish people would leave their names with rep, though.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.