Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    Someone just sent me the sweetest facebook message in the world and it has made me the happiest I have ever been in days.
    what did it saaaay?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I finally got some motivation and started my essay, and i got an fb chat message from a friend with an exam tomorrow asking to explain the difference between ethics and morals. bye 20 minutes of my motivation

ps thats good min

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamaaa)
    what did it saaaay?
    oh it was from a girl who was a few years above me in school and she graduated from Cam a while back. It was coz my fb status said I'd been really miserable a few days ago and she just said really kind things and made me feel better

it's a bit cringe, sorry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)
    But Rosario Castellanos is fantastic! I loved that lecture on Friday I was awake and interested for the whole thing, astonishing. I'm quite enjoying my García Márquez essay, just wish I hadn't left the stupid thing so late. The question is fantastic and I'm interested in writing it, just don't have the willpower to hunt through a 400 page novel for quotes.

Where were you travelling? Was it faculty funded or just for kicks?
    lol zoe you always seem like a much more enthusiastic student that me!!
    i am actually interested in this essay all about the marginalisation of women in Castellanos' poetry, and i do actually like her poetry, AND found the lecture interesting (i only fell asleep in the 2nd half, which is a miracle for me). its just i hate writing essays soooooo much, and i just prefer to read the poetry rather than analyse it. if it were possible i would have done 2 ab initio languages and avoided essay writing!

as helen said i was with my brother visiting family in Australia, then we backpacked around NZ and finished off the trip with a visit to LA! so no, not faculty funded! Im hoping they'll fund me to go to the middle east for 2 months this summer, what about you? any trips planned?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lavalse)
    as helen said i was with my brother visiting family in Australia, then we backpacked around NZ and finished off the trip with a visit to LA! so no, not faculty funded! Im hoping they'll fund me to go to the middle east for 2 months this summer, what about you? any trips planned?
    *cries with jealousy*

:cry:

Where in the middle east?

ReputationRep:
    yeah WHERE? you can put a tent up in my back yard :p:

ReputationRep:
    My grandfather used to wax lyrical about Afghanistan and Iraq, I wish I could go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    My grandfather used to wax lyrical about Afghanistan and Iraq, I wish I could go
    do you reeeeeeeeaaally wanna go now? :p: bit of a rubbish time...

---------

I just got a PM from LH123 with the " :upyours: " as the message...???!!!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    He's probably doing mass PMs, there's been quite a few of those about recently.

ReputationRep:
    ohhhhh I see! I thought I had offended said person in some way.

ReputationRep:
    I just got a PM from LH123 with the " " as the message...???!!!
    So did I......rather odd!

ReputationRep:
    do you reeeeeeeeaaally wanna go now? :p: bit of a rubbish time...
    Yeah, perhaps not :o: Iran'd be OK if you kept to the north though.

ReputationRep:
    I got that PM from LH123 too. Did anyone else get one from Jonah Ramone as well?

ReputationRep:
    I seem to now have a constant '1' by Messages on my upper screen banner. But I don't have a new PM in my inbox. This makes me excited every time I loook at the top of my screen and then disappointed when i realise i dont have said new PM. :/

I just got a random PM too - looks like someone's keen on contacting us all... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I seem to now have a constant '1' by Messages on my upper screen banner. But I don't have a new PM in my inbox. This makes me excited every time I loook at the top of my screen and then disappointed when i realise i dont have said new PM. :/
    It's a fault with TSR. If you go through and reread all of your messages then it should go away. I could never be bothered and it has incremented. I haven't had a new one for months though, still stuck on 5
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Looks like he's targeting Cambridge non-subs.

ReputationRep:
    Backroomers... is there anything going on as I've just been very randomly PM'd by Jonah Ramone with a picture of a cartoon shrimp... to which I returned a picture of a mushroom for the hell of it... but I also got an "up yours" smiley from LH123... to whom I cannot return one as they can't be PMd... hmm!

EDIT - SHOULD REALLY READ OTHERS' POSTS FIRST HA!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone read the CUSU email yet? I definitely should get the anti-racism award for promoting diveristy :p:

Darn my naivity

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a sub anymore, my paypal will not update my details so I shan't be one for the forseeable future. I wish people would leave their names with rep, though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.